Sign in to follow this  
JF

Malky sacked!

Not a surprise after their drubbing yest.   

spent £50m and play worse football than us - no thanks to him managing us.   If we do need to change we need to step up the managerial quality,  not more of the same.

Good luck to malky in his next role.  I have no doubt he will quickly find a new job.  

Whilst I am sorry that a decent and honest man has lost his job, part of me is not sorry that this pathetic business is over.

Perhaps they''ll find something else to talk on MOTD

Ole Gunnar Solsklaer among candidates according to Sky Sports news. Am sure there were plenty of know it alls on here saying we had no chance of him when his name was suggested as a replacement to Hughton.

Picking a manager is a big gamble, and fans are fickle and often deranged in their opinions.

Pundits are no better , they only speak from hindsight.

Malky is no better than Hughton.

Lambert is currently unpopular at Villa

Ole Gunnar is completely untested in England.

Spurs get rid of someone with experience to go with a newbie.

WBA ditch a guy who has done wonders for them in recent seasons.

WHam fans hate big Sam.

In the summer the phone ins were full of Arsenal fans suggesting that Wenger was ruining their club.

Its nuts isn''t it?

Even the great Fergie was getting dogs abuse every time ManU lost the odd game.

After yesterdays defeat it was a certainty.Next games, home to Sunderland and away at Arsenal.They could very soon be stone last.

Vincent Tan is undoubtedly an imbecile in footballing terms but I don''t think that should mask the fact that Mackay has done a satisfactory job at Cardiff this season and nothing more. Their style of play is certainty no better than Norwich''s and they have a lower points yield despite having spent £50 million in the transfer market. If you put Mackay''s Norwich connections to one side and look at things rationally there is no way he would be an improvement on CH.

Yesterday''s defeat was probably only due to the unrest at he club. I feel for Malky and think he''s been treated badly. Tan has made a laughing stock of Cardiff and not by just changing the clubs colours. Malky will get another job easily and it won''t take long

Cardiff weren''t great to watch in the Champs and they''ve been very negative this season.

Doesn''t look like the money has been spent too wisely either.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Vincent Tan is undoubtedly an imbecile in footballing terms but I don''t think that should mask the fact that Mackay has done a satisfactory job at Cardiff this season and nothing more. Their style of play is certainty no better than Norwich''s and they have a lower points yield despite having spent £50 million in the transfer market. If you put Mackay''s Norwich connections to one side and look at things rationally there is no way he would be an improvement on CH.[/quote]Just like QPR spent loads of money and got nowhere fast except down. Much as I love Malky for his time here I''m not he''s ready to lead us to the promised land yet.

Probably the best outcome for Cardiff at this point in time though - the longer the whole saga continued, the more unrest it was going to cause, so better for us.

I''d be extremely surprised if Solskjaer would go there. He''s got a decent reputation already and has been touted for all sorts of low to mid-table premiership jobs. Why would you risk your already decent reputation for Cardiff when you can probably get a job at a prem team either this season or next and not have a crazy boss in charge?

The only people I can see going there are people who have been out of the game for a few years and want to get back in, or who are in the lower leagues and want a go in the prem. Any manager who already has a reasonable reputation is unlikely to want to go there.

As for Malky here, if Hughton jumped ship and went elsewhere for whatever reason, I wouldn''t mind having Malky. However, there is no point in sacking Hughton in order to get Malky. Much of a muchness in style and substance really, in terms of what their teams produce on the pitch.

I still maintain that the only reason we will get rid of Hughton is if we get cut adrift at the bottom and gamble that a new manager might have enough of a honeymoon effect to drag us out of the mess, or if we manage to tap up Wenger.

I wonder which magnificent manager Cardiff will get in to replace Malky ? They are now my choice, along with Sunderland to go down, on the good side that leaves only one more place to be occupied !

[quote user="Waveney canary"]Mcnasty needs to get shot of hapless and get Malky in. If we can''t have the Messiah back[/quote]Bryan Gunn is available and seems to suit your criteria.

"Ole Gunnar Solsklaer among candidates according to Sky Sports news. Am sure there were plenty of know it alls on here saying we had no chance of him when his name was suggested as a replacement to Hughton"

Yes because that definitely means that Sky Sports have inside information and they have no interest at all in driving money to outside bets on SkyBet.

You muppet.

Take away the fact that Malky Mackay played for us and was a top player for us.

Ok, now go:

Who still wants Malky in as manager? Exactly, why the f*** would you want him? You wouldn''t dream of wanting someone with so little managerial experience if he had never played for us! If it was between Hughton and Malky, Hughton every time, why would we want to risk tarnishing Malky''s legendary status as a player to play more dire football under him?

Some of you still seem to have the same soft "jobs for the boys" attitude that our club used to have pre-McNally. Deehan, Megson, Grant, Gunn - all did so well for us! ...

Reading the Cardiff forum they do say the same things as we do about Hughton, to defensive and tactically out of his depth. Still a league cup runners up for a championsip team with a play off semi in first season followed by winning the league in his second and then never being in the relegation places up to xmas in his first PL season suggests he could well do a job here.

anyone who thinks malky would do better is kidding themselves."can''t get much worse than what we''ve got" ?? - please, please be careful what you wish for. you may be kicking yourself for those kinds of statements.

I bet he''s gutted. Multi-million pay off and the fans and media on his side. Played to perfection Malky. Nice one.