Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

There are not 3 teams who are worse than us

New Year but same old cr*p.After a good performance v Man U, another complete shambles today.Yes they should have had a man sent off  but after their goal we completely collapsed into a rabble.Ruddy, looked like he was out until 4 this morning with Bassong & the other defenders at the same party.Snodgrass a complete non entity, Fer looking like he just turned 40 and Hoolahan a shadow of the player we saw Saturday.Redmond flattering to deceive yet again & Hooper not what you''d exactly call putting himself about. Only Johnson came out of that with any credit and even that is debatable. Surely Hughton can''t hold on any longer.

[quote user="Making Plans"]New Year but same old cr*p.After a good performance v Man U, another complete shambles today.Yes they should have had a man sent off  but after their goal we completely collapsed into a rabble.Ruddy, looked like he was out until 4 this morning with Bassong & the other defenders at the same party.Snodgrass a complete non entity, Fer looking like he just turned 40 and Hoolahan a shadow of the player we saw Saturday.Redmond flattering to deceive yet again & Hooper not what you''d exactly call putting himself about. Only Johnson came out of that with any credit and even that is debatable. Surely Hughton can''t hold on any longer.[/quote]

agree with all of that !!! and yes Johnson gave the ball away so many times as per usual again.. yes good goal but other than that !............ we looked shocking.

Agree i think after West Ham we are the next poorest side , plus we have already played most of our easier home matches , the likes of West Ham and Cardiff still have the easy 3 points off us to come .Weak spineless manager and its spread to the team .

At the moment there is but its at the end of the season that counts. We are unable to break away from that bottom 3 with the gap only 3 points. If we fail to create a bigger gap going into the last 4 games then I think we will be down.

Well I was watching one playing us today, I bet there are at least 2 of a similar standard.

I think Sunderland are gone, probably West Ham with them.

Then I don''t think there''s much between us, Fulham, Palace and Cardiff.

Fulham have got quality players but seem to lack fight (how do you lose 6-0 at Hull?). Cardiff lack quality but have fight - a new manager inexperienced in the prem, could turn them around, backfire, or make little difference! Palace and us both have shown glimpses of quality at times, lack of fight, lack of quality and a lack of a plan at others!

Really hard to separate the 4. I think we should, hopefully, just about be ok.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]According to the table, we''re losing ground.[/quote]

Yeah,we''ve plummeted a mighty one place.

Things could be much,much better but some below us are obviously even worse than us as they SHOULD be level with us now.

Having seen most of the others in the bottom half I feel that there are 5 teams worse than us -

Sunderland

Fulham ( I know they beat us but they were cr@p - we just gifted them 3 stupid points)

Cardiff

West Ham

palace

Way to miss the point, Herman.

We WERE much further away from the bottom 3 and now we''re a bad weekend away from it. It''s BECAUSE of too many games like the Fulham debacle. We never play a solid 90, only a solid 45.

[quote user="morty"]The league table suggests there are more than three teams worse than us.[/quote]I knew this, and similar posts like it, would be the answer from those that cannot see what''s going on.Yes, the table does suggest that but only at this moment in time. In terms of performance, passion, desire, work rate, ability, cohesion etc etc, we are most definitely one of the worst 3 sides in the league, and what''s more, we''re going backwards. The way we''re playing we would even struggle in the Championship.The saying goes that if you can''t be good, be lucky. We neither good or lucky and despite a brief glimpse of hope versus Man U, that brought us no goals & no points, we have been unable to beat Sunderland, Fulham or Palace in the last 4 games.According the a lot of people on here we were going to be alright after an run of difficult fixtures once we started playing some of the "easier" sides. Well, according to the table that keeps getting quoted, games don''t come much easier than Sunderland, Fulham & Palace.The team would gel after they had played a few games together, the new players would find their feet in the Premier League & everything would be fine.Well, here we are Jan 1st, more than half way through the season & nothing much has changed.Give it another month or two and the table will show exactly what our true position is.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Way to miss the point, Herman. We WERE much further away from the bottom 3 and now we''re a bad weekend away from it. It''s BECAUSE of too many games like the Fulham debacle. We never play a solid 90, only a solid 45.[/quote]

We''ve never been that far ahead of the bottom three,not enough for comfort.We''ve been consistenly piddling about just above them,either one win from relative comfort,or one loss from being dragged back into it.

I completely agree with your last point though,and it ain''t good enough by far.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Way to miss the point, Herman.

We WERE much further away from the bottom 3 and now we''re a bad weekend away from it. It''s BECAUSE of too many games like the Fulham debacle. We never play a solid 90, only a solid 45.[/quote]

I see a bunch of teams about at the same very poor level as us. We have a better squad than most of these but sadly a clueless manager who is dragging us down.