Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

The Board HAVE acted.

They have decided that they will be sticking with Hughton till the end of the season,

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.

Daz Sparks wrote the following post at 2014-01-01 9:19 PM:

They have decided that they will be sticking with Hughton till the end of the season,

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.

Oh right, you must be McNallys son to know this nugget of information.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]They have decided that they will be sticking with Hughton till the end of the season,

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.[/quote]I haven''t heard that but it''s been my judgement all along.

So you think that we would sack Hughton in the summer if he kept us up? Surely that would be far more illogical than sacking him halfway through the season when you look like you''re about to go down?

Now, I don''t think we should sack Hughton just yet, nor do I think we will. But if it came to a point where we were being cut adrift in a relegation place, or he had clearly lost the changing room, then I have no doubt whatsoever that our board would be proactive and get rid mid-season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]They have decided that they will be sticking with Hughton till the end of the season,

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.[/quote]I haven''t heard that but it''s been my judgement all along.[/quote]Yes but your judgement cannot even spot the trouble we are in , green tinted specs of the highest order .

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]They have decided that they will be sticking with Hughton till the end of the season,

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.[/quote]

I think your interpretation is correct. if we stay up CH and his crew will remain as the club won''t want to pay compensation and can release them at the end of next season.

If we are relegated they should go however I''m not convinced the board will act. It could be Worthy and Gunn all over again. The board may give him the chance to get us back up if the worst happened and I suspect many of the silent majority of fans will agree with them.

I don`t know that McNally has a son?

The board have in no way intimated that there is the likelihood of any change in Manager for the foreseeable.

Quite obviously they will have talked about this, and their conclusion is thus.

Rooted to the bottom or the dressing room lost are circumstances that are different to which currently prevail. What I am saying however, is that the short term chances of Hughton`s sacking are precisely nil.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]The board have in no way intimated that there is the likelihood of any change in Manager for the foreseeable.

Quite obviously they will have talked about this, and their conclusion is thus.

Rooted to the bottom or the dressing room lost are circumstances that are different to which currently prevail. What I am saying however, is that the short term chances of Hughton`s sacking are precisely nil.[/quote]No. But the board has not publicly said the opposite either. Or anything categorical on Hughton''s future. Which is not a surprise. This is a very tight-mouthed board of directors. But you have been told privately by one or more directors that a decision has been taken by them recently to the effect that Hughton''s job is not at risk?

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]They have decided that they will be sticking with Hughton till the end of the season,

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.[/quote]I haven''t heard that but it''s been my judgement all along.[/quote]Yes but your judgement cannot even spot the trouble we are in , green tinted specs of the highest order .[/quote]What trouble would that be and which of the teams below us would you want to swap with?

I was of this opinion a long time ago, when many were baying for blood. I really do not see CH getting the sack, unless, as the OP says he "loses" the dressing room (the players reaction to the BJ goal would suggest this is not the case) or we go on a really terrible run and end up adrift (not happening at the moment). Personally I do not see CH as the long term answer and I think we will just survive this season, but it will be squeeky bum time to the end of the season.......

i want him gone, its been the same rubbish since day onehowever i dont think hes going anywhere, i also think if (or when) we go down they wont sack him either, and will tell us how hes the right man to bring city back up etc. which is probably my worst nightmare

it needs to be done now, while the transfer windows open and theres enough games left for someone new to actually change things

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I was of this opinion a long time ago, when many were baying for blood. I really do not see CH getting the sack, unless, as the OP says he "loses" the dressing room (the players reaction to the BJ goal would suggest this is not the case) or we go on a really terrible run and end up adrift (not happening at the moment). Personally I do not see CH as the long term answer and I think we will just survive this season, but it will be squeeky bum time to the end of the season.......[/quote]

Watch the celebration again .....the players ignored Clueless...they celebrated with the players in the dugout !

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I was of this opinion a long time ago, when many were baying for blood. I really do not see CH getting the sack, unless, as the OP says he "loses" the dressing room (the players reaction to the BJ goal would suggest this is not the case) or we go on a really terrible run and end up adrift (not happening at the moment). Personally I do not see CH as the long term answer and I think we will just survive this season, but it will be squeeky bum time to the end of the season.......[/quote]

Watch the celebration again .....the players ignored Clueless...they celebrated with the players in the dugout !

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I was of this opinion a long time ago, when many were baying for blood. I really do not see CH getting the sack, unless, as the OP says he "loses" the dressing room (the players reaction to the BJ goal would suggest this is not the case) or we go on a really terrible run and end up adrift (not happening at the moment). Personally I do not see CH as the long term answer and I think we will just survive this season, but it will be squeeky bum time to the end of the season.......[/quote]

Watch the celebration again .....the players ignored Clueless...they celebrated with the players in the dugout ![/quote]

The Messiah didn''t fare any better at Villa.  Agbonlahor and the players all ran past Lambert on Saturday after the Vile goal.  Its what players do - stick together.   The boss is the boss.

All those who want Hughton out before this time will not be getting their wish. I for one understand and support this logic. Post season however, I am reserving judgement. Narrowly avoiding relegation with performances as they have been the majority of the time this season would see my support falter.[/quote]I''m not sure you can really claim the board have "acted" by stating they''ve decided to leave an employee who already had a contract in post. That''s more of an "inaction". I believe this headline was deliberately misleading and demand the last two minutes of my life back I spent reading this. Plus the extra 5 minutes I wasted writing this needless response...ahh sod it I wasn''t doing anything with the time anyway.