Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

momentum

anyone remember those 3 seasons where we were promoted twice and then battled it out with no fear in the premier league ?remember the group of players that did that ? hardly world beaters were theythe club had momentum, I dont remember coming up against anyone in the league where I didnt think maybe theres 3 points in this, or at least that the team would put up a fightthe club doesnt have this anymore, we are going into games against the likes of fulham, palace, cardiff, west ham etc and dont appear to have the belief to take the game to them and kill it off, its all on the back foot

hughtons mentality/approach/fungus (call it what you will) has spread through the club, theres a psychological aspect to sport and whatever hes doing has wiped that momentum out completely

There''s definitely a fearing attitude which has crept in. I''ve always thought his tendency to stick with players out of form is poor for squad morale and competition. Martin a case in point today!

I''m thinking the managerial position will be reviewed at the end of season (hopefully we''re still in the division then). Hobbling to safety...

Also, Hull seem to have what we had when we first got into the prem. Have they been battered in a game yet?

[quote user="Herman "]Momentum was slowing to a halt in our first season in the premiership.[/quote]not until the last 6 or 7 weeksand it sure as hell doesnt look like picking up does it

change is needed, someone with personality, and a ''winning mentality'' instead of one just about survival/competing