Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

howsons injury etc

Whats the true story with howsons back? Im simply not convinced by this back injury story that seems to be dragging on and on. Now suddenly he needs a ''period of rest''. I''m basing my thoughts on nothing other than a feeling and seriously hope the everton game could see his return.

I also hope his return will be followed shortly after by the return of tettey and pilks and a return to form for snoddy. I still think we have a squad very capable of finding 6 wins before the end of the season and with the addition of a centre mid and centre half (wishful thinking) we will hopefully be ok......

[quote user="cambscanary"]Whats the true story with howsons back? Im simply not convinced by this back injury story that seems to be dragging on and on. Now suddenly he needs a ''period of rest''. I''m basing my thoughts on nothing other than a feeling and seriously hope the everton game could see his return.

I also hope his return will be followed shortly after by the return of tettey and pilks and a return to form for snoddy. I still think we have a squad very capable of finding 6 wins before the end of the season and with the addition of a centre mid and centre half (wishful thinking) we will hopefully be ok......[/quote]I suspect he hurt his back, and he needs time to recover, nothing more than that.Or we could go with the conspiracy theory that he''s been withdrawn for the squad because Man Utd are preparing a 15 million bid, if you like.

Backs are notoriously difficult things to heal. Having suffered with back problems through playing football, I know from personal experience this kind of timeframe can be pretty normal.

Howson has signed a new contract recently so I can''t see how the idea of their being something sinister going on adds up at all. He certainly wont be leaving in January if that is what you are trying to imply.

There were a lot of people saying that RVW''s injury was a smokescreen for the fact he was unsettled and wanted to leave. Shock, horror it was actually a legitimate injury and he is now back in the squad ready to be selected when needed.

I genuinely wasn''t trying to imply that he''s off this transfer window, especially with his recent contract. Im just starting to think that perhaps his injury is significantly worse than is being let on. Similar to the rvw situation.........

either that or he''s failed a drugs test or is being investigated for match fixing.......(this is said with my tongue firmly in my cheek)

[quote user="cambscanary"]I genuinely wasn''t trying to imply that he''s off this transfer window, especially with his recent contract. Im just starting to think that perhaps his injury is significantly worse than is being let on. Similar to the rvw situation.........

either that or he''s failed a drugs test or is being investigated for match fixing.......(this is said with my tongue firmly in my cheek)[/quote]Thats the spirit, in the absence of facts, just make something up, thats how it works.[;)]

I hope his injury isn''t more serious than is being let on, because we''ve missed him big time over this Christmas/New Year period.

Need him back, fit and firing asap

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Fer has missed Howson next to

Him. His performances have suffered.[/quote][Y]

Olly wrote the following post at 01/01/2014 10:02 PM:

I hope his injury isn''t more serious than is being let on, because we''ve missed him big time over this Christmas/New Year period.

Need him back, fit and firing asap

I doubt CH would have given an upbeat report on his progress, suggesting he is nearly there, if they were trying to hide something. And yes we do miss him badly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cambscanary"]I genuinely wasn''t trying to imply that he''s off this transfer window, especially with his recent contract. Im just starting to think that perhaps his injury is significantly worse than is being let on. Similar to the rvw situation.........

either that or he''s failed a drugs test or is being investigated for match fixing.......(this is said with my tongue firmly in my cheek)[/quote]Thats the spirit, in the absence of facts, just make something up, thats how it works.[;)][/quote]

It was just a suggest the guy has made, geez. It''s quite a sensible suggestion as well, backed up by the RVW injury. At no point was it suggested RVW would miss anywhere near as long as he did. Was supposed to be fit for Cardiff, played 5 mins and was out for another six weeks. All because of a sore toe.

Now we have a sore back. Fitness test for Boxing Day, Saturday and today. Pretty similar so far wouldn''t you say?

He''s not making things up, simply presented a quite logical theory.