Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Please Mcnally act now and sack him tonight

That second half was completely unacceptable and was frankly embarrassing. We looked like a pub team up against probably the worst team in the prem. Enough is enough surely?

Another good point on the road to safety. Palace wouldn''t have scored in a million years from open play. Mike Dean must be a supporter.Hughton will still be here in May. I ''ll lay money on it.

If there is any truth in this Italian manager and the board feel he is a better manager then we should go and get him. If better players become available we upgrade, why should a manager be and different?

the weather had a huge influence on the game today, but it doesnt really stop us judging on the poor results over a period of games against teams we really needed to win against

we can all wish !!!! ...... absolute disgrace... yes shocking weather but awful ... Johnson well taken goal but APART from that he was his usual shocking self giving the ball away everywhere etc... snoddy might aswell have not even been playing !

ricardo wrote the following post at 01/01/2014 5:03 PM:

Another good point on the road to safety. Palace wouldn''t have scored in a million years from open play. Mike Dean must be a supporter.

Hughton will still be here in May. I ''ll lay money on it.

And we looked so dangerous ourselves didnt we?

That was a good point in atrocious conditions with only two fit central midfielders at the Club, keeping us in a solid position and now 3 away games unbeaten.

Stop trying to make a crisis when there isn''t one.

I would have sacked him months ago, do we even work on attacking in training?!?! because it doesn''t look like it. Performances have been dire for months, nothing has changed and no matter what attacking players Hughton brings in he does not know what to do with them, why do you think Holt wanted to leave.

We looked dreadful ,,, Snodgrass is a waste of a shirt ,,, Hughton doesn''t have a clue ...what were his intended tactics ??? Can he not coach the players to even achieve the fundamentals ?

Please please Mc Nally ,,,,,sack him now and give us a chance !!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote user="JF"]If there is any truth in this Italian manager and the board feel he is a better manager then we should go and get him. If better players become available we upgrade, why should a manager be and different?[/quote]

Which Italian Manager - Paulo Di Canio?

Beefy is a legend wrote the following post at 01/01/2014 5:07 PM:

That was a good point in atrocious conditions with only two fit central midfielders at the Club, keeping us in a solid position and now 3 away games unbeaten.

Stop trying to make a crisis when there isn''t one.

Can`t argue with that Beefy

As much as I agree with you Jim, Im afraid the Board are not going to move him along this season. We are just going to have to dig in and live with his incompetence for the rest of the season. I will be interested to see how season ticket sales will go this year, I suspect there are quite many seriously considering, and guess the waiting list is not too long now.... overall there are atleast 10 pretty poor teams in the prem this season and the gap between have and have not is getting wider, 10 teams too good for the champ but not really good enough to play against the Worlds elite. IMO it time to rebuild the English top two leagues to bring crowd satisfaction back and hopefully help our National team.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]That was a good point in atrocious conditions with only two fit central midfielders at the Club, keeping us in a solid position and now 3 away games unbeaten.

Stop trying to make a crisis when there isn''t one.[/quote]

No it was not a disastrous result after another seriously sub standard performance, A sentence that pretty much sums Chris Hughton up. I guess it depends what your aspirations are for our club but I think we are consistently sub standard under his management.

How is he incompetent given he kept us up last season and has us in a solid position this season?

Did we lose 7-1 today or draw 1-1? You''d think it was the former with all these threads popping up.

New year, same old whinging.

It was a good point, away, in absolutely atrocious conditions.

I''m completely neutral on Hughton, when he gets sacked (because they always do eventually!) based on current performance I wont be that bothered, he''s brought in good players but is achieving the minimum required of him, keeping us safe. If the board have a decent replacement lined up I wouldn''t shed a tear if he was replaced.

But some of those with a blinkered agenda need to add a dose of realism to the mix, today was certainly not an incitement to call for his sacking, the majority of reasoned supporters probably share that view.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]How is he incompetent given he kept us up last season and has us in a solid position this season?

Did we lose 7-1 today or draw 1-1? You''d think it was the former with all these threads popping up.

New year, same old whinging.[/quote]

Did you watch that game? One manager motivated his team at half time and made changes that influenced the game, The other did not.

Not ''end of'' Danny - where is the evidence that we will go down given our league position?

Were we ''seriously sub-standard'' against Man Utd on Saturday? Or do you ignore that good performance because we lost?

I watched it Jim. I thought it was a decent point. The onus was on Palace in a game they needed to win. They failed and overall it''s a good day for us. We had 55% possession in the game. It wasn''t pretty, conditions didn''t help, but it was job done and certainly not the sort of display that should lead to the inevitable myopic criticism of the manager.

Beefy

We will have to disagree then because i thought it was another poor, poor performance, particularly in the second half where (again) we did not get going and lost impetus due to their manager making a basic change and our manager not responding. He should be sacked on his consistently poor performance over at least a year.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]That was a good point in atrocious conditions with only two fit central midfielders at the Club, keeping us in a solid position and now 3 away games unbeaten.

Stop trying to make a crisis when there isn''t one.[/quote]

I think we are consistently sub standard under his management.[/quote]

Totally true ...

9 wins in the last 41 league games.

2 wins out of 8 games against promoted sides.

Scored more than 1 in 13 / 58 league games.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Good point in bad conditions,Had the referee done as he should, we would probably have won.[/quote]

Same old

It wasn''t Hughton to blame for sub standard performance it wasn''t the players faults

It was the refs!!!

Give over we are just not good enough

What were your thoughts on the Man Utd game then Jim? Are you going to give CH any credit for bringing in Martin and Wes and dominating the champions?

You say ''consistently poor performance'', yet we are 15th in the table. How is that possible if we are so consistently poor?

Our board will back our manager, I''ve heard enough from McNally to believe that is the case. We need to stop moaning and groaning after a result today that was much better for us than for Palace, and get behind CH until the end of the season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Beefy

We will have to disagree then because i thought it was another poor, poor performance, particularly in the second half where (again) we did not get going and lost impetus due to their manager making a basic change and our manager not responding. He should be sacked on his consistently poor performance over at least a year.[/quote]

Agreed he hasn''t learnt anything about substitutions and changing tactics since he has been here.

Bring someone in who knows how to get a team set up to win and the ability to change if things are not working

Today''s draw/performance is irrelevant really. It''s a small percentage of wins from alot of games. We need some consistency and points won sooner rather than later, as the fixtures we have at the end of the season, will not, realistically, produce many, if any, points.

[quote user="Monty13"]It was a good point, away, in absolutely atrocious conditions. I''m completely neutral on Hughton, when he gets sacked (because they always do eventually!) based on current performance I wont be that bothered, he''s brought in good players but is achieving the minimum required of him, keeping us safe. If the board have a decent replacement lined up I wouldn''t shed a tear if he was replaced. But some of those with a blinkered agenda need to add a dose of realism to the mix, today was certainly not an incitement to call for his sacking, the majority of reasoned supporters probably share that view.[/quote]

Thank you Monty.Post of the year[:D]

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]What were your thoughts on the Man Utd game then Jim? Are you going to give CH any credit for bringing in Martin and Wes and dominating the champions?

You say ''consistently poor performance'', yet we are 15th in the table. How is that possible if we are so consistently poor?

Our board will back our manager, I''ve heard enough from McNally to believe that is the case. We need to stop moaning and groaning after a result today that was much better for us than for Palace, and get behind CH until the end of the season.[/quote]

He didn''t dominate in the second half after Moyes made the change...what did Hughton do ....nothing