Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Crystal Palace vs Norwich City Match Thread

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lharman7"]That was pretty dismal. Could be two sides destined for the drop on that performance. Fer should be reprimanded big time! Why does Hughton keep an £8.5 rated striker on the bench and bring an on loan ageing Holt lookalike on instead?[/quote]Just to annoy  you I would guess.[/quote]

Really? Wow maybe he should get the chop then if he''s more focused on annoying me!

Good reply ricardo!

"Waveney canary"

Just wanted to pay tribute to the masses who travelled to Palace yesterday. If you were like me and at the front you got a right soaking and had to watch that drivell again you deserve great credit.How it infuriated me thinking we were getting behind the team in a right dump whilst there were plastics sitting in their arm chairs watching the game on an illegal stream etc. Hughton out Plastics Out Messiah In

I was nice and warm, dry with my laptop and phone on. Hot coffee on tap and could nip out for a smoke at any time. And it didn''t cost me a thing. Marvellous.

Shame the football was shit.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="lharman7"]That was pretty dismal. Could be two sides destined for the drop on that performance. Fer should be reprimanded big time! Why does Hughton keep an £8.5 rated striker on the bench and bring an on loan ageing Holt lookalike on instead?[/quote]

We clearly needed someone to keep it up and he was the ideal sub.

[/quote]

End result aside, do you think that tactic worked? Did Elmander actually hold the ball up to release pressure on our back 4? I''m not so sure.

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="lharman7"]That was pretty dismal. Could be two sides destined for the drop on that performance. Fer should be reprimanded big time! Why does Hughton keep an £8.5 rated striker on the bench and bring an on loan ageing Holt lookalike on instead?[/quote]

We clearly needed someone to keep it up and he was the ideal sub.

[/quote]

End result aside, do you think that tactic worked? Did Elmander actually hold the ball up to release pressure on our back 4? I''m not so sure.[/quote]I thought Elmander did well when he came on actually.I don''t think Ricky is fully fit yet, and am really not so sure he would have been suited to yesterdays conditions.

In hindsight no. But at the time it was a sensible sub. Hoolahan was getting nowhere fast against them and we needed the bigger man.

I really can''t knock yesterday''s result, given our track record over the years in that festering dump, weather conditions that seemed entirely appropriate for somewhere so godforsaken, it was a good enough point.

As discussed elsewhere the ref seemed to have read a different rule book to everybody else, we should have played against ten men for an hour or so.

Tactically, hard to tell, have stood there soaked from head to toe the conditions seemed almost unplayable, not really sure there was much Hootun could have done differently that wouldn''t have involved a hovercraft.

Somehow yesterday won''t go down as a nail in the managers coffin in our book, an unpopular viewpoint I''m sure.