Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Crystal Palace vs Norwich City Match Thread

Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong (c), Olsson; Fer, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper.

palace team Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Ward, Bolasie, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Puncheon, Chamakh, Jerome.

Unless Martin has picked up a knock I think he will be extremely disappointed to not be starting after his performance against Man Utd. Thought he linked up very well with Snoddy first half.

Very surprised Martin is dropped- I missed Man U but heard he played well and I thought Whits had a bit of a shocked against Fulham.

Martin was the most likely player to make an impact going forward against United, was very impressive, despite Whitaker being classed as the more attacking fullback. Bennett unlucky to be dropped too. We have players slowly coming into form, suppose this can only be a good problem for Hughton.

It''s been a few years since I have been to palace. Ground is still a sh@t hole. With all that money for being in the prem you would have thought some of it would have been spent on the ground!

Crystal Palace: Speroni; Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Ward;

Bolasie, Jedinak, Dikgacoi, Puncheon; Chamakh, Jerome. Subs: Price, Moxey, Parr,

Jonny Williams, Bannan, Gayle, Phillips.Norwich: Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Olsson; Fer,

Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Redmond; Hooper. Subs: Bunn, Martin, R Bennett,

Josh Murphy, Becchio, Elmander, van Wolfswinkel.

Can''t understand the choice of bringing Whittaker in for Martin and as others have said Bennett is very unlucky to be out.

Very odd with Martin. Is Whitaker expected to man mark Puncheon? Questionable decision again. Hoots doesn''t help himself.

Also no real midfielder on the bench - 3 attackers who''ll only get 10 minutes at best - what happens if one of our midfielders gets injured. I know it''s a 6 pointer but why not blood Mceechan - showed plenty of spirit in the development squad and think he would do a job if asked.

Surprised about Martin but then Whittaker didn''t deserve to be dropped either.

Turner for Bennett is right.

Didn''t even look at the bench but that is ridiculous. Why have Becchio on there. Pathetic Hughton.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]A bit bizarre that 3 strikers are on the bench. Surely Garrido would offer more options, with Olsson able to push up into midfield.

No idea what Becchio is doing there.[/quote]its because the manager is a plank

Hughtons paid to make these decisions and it''s a huge game but players being dropped after playing well is asking for trouble in the squad, especially if the players coming in don''t perform today.

I really hope Martin has got a knock, otherwise its a ludicrous decision from Hughton.

But then he''s on the bench... What if Whittaker gets injured in the first 10 minutes? Martin would have to play nearly the entire match, and since the only logical reason for him being dropped is he isn''t fully fit in some form, he shouldn''t be on the bench... We have Garrido and Bennett fit, so why is Martin on the bench and not the starting line up?

WizwigAs usual we boss the first 5 minutes, and then let the opposition back into the game!