Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Xmas relegation predictions 2013/14

I love the fact that some look at other teams say Cardiff and say they are a mess! Yep have a new young gifted manager with big contacts, owner how is rich and somewhat mad admitadly, but then most looking at Norwich would say we are in a mess, can''t score, can''t perform for 90 minutes and looking like one of the teams to go down.

If you want my two pence worth as this is all a lottery, but on current form and fixtures left, Palace, Norwich & Sunderland are the teams for me to go down!

[quote user="Indy"]

I love the fact that some look at other teams say Cardiff and say they are a mess! Yep have a new young gifted manager with big contacts, owner how is rich and somewhat mad admitadly, but then most looking at Norwich would say we are in a mess, can''t score, can''t perform for 90 minutes and looking like one of the teams to go down.

If you want my two pence worth as this is all a lottery, but on current form and fixtures left, Palace, Norwich & Sunderland are the teams for me to go down!

[/quote]That''s because you haven''t looked at current form nor the fixture list. I won''t spoil it for you because you really need to have a look yourself before making statements that are not supported by the evidence.

[quote user="cityislife"]Good day, Bad day or status quo?Big wins for villa, brom and a huge win for fulham.Still the chance to establish the ''mid-table'' teams this season.As for norwich, so-so. we are very much in the gap between this... cant help but think the chance is there for us to keep well away from the scrap..

[/quote]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. I wouldn''t swap their list for ours for a pension.A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.Palace must have marked us as a must win, they didn''t and on the balance of play don''t look like winning enoughCardiff have reasonable fixtures at home but 6 of the top 10 away. Their next fixture at home to W Ham could be pivotal for both teams.Villa''s win has almost killed Sunderland who have 8 of the top 10 awayOn balance it''s all going along pretty much as I expect but lots of time for it to change although I expect it won''t.

[quote user="ricardo"]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.[/quote]Our run is looks pretty bad, three of the top four at home.  In the end everyone is playing everyone else again.  As I said earlier, I think we will stumble over the line.  But if this is building a team, it is going nowhere fast.  There is no discernable improvement on the pitch from last season, and we have better players this term.I must admit my expectations for this season were a little higher than battling it out with a declining Sunderland, imploding Cardiff, Strikerless West Ham and an appalling Crystal Palace side.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityislife"]Good day, Bad day or status quo?

Big wins for villa, brom and a huge win for fulham.

Still the chance to establish the ''mid-table'' teams this season.

As for norwich, so-so. we are very much in the gap between this... cant help but think the chance is there for us to keep well away from the scrap..

[/quote]

Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. I wouldn''t swap their list for ours for a pension.

A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.

Palace must have marked us as a must win, they didn''t and on the balance of play don''t look like winning enough

Cardiff have reasonable fixtures at home but 6 of the top 10 away. Their next fixture at home to W Ham could be pivotal for both teams.

Villa''s win has almost killed Sunderland who have 8 of the top 10 away

On balance it''s all going along pretty much as I expect but lots of time for it to change although I expect it won''t.
[/quote]

What difference does it have who has who to play?

All the games will have different circumstances attached to theem, from nothing to play for or playing after a European cup game!

It''s down to beating those around you, is it not?

Additionally Ricardo I bet you expected us to beat Fulham? Or did you write that one off on the fact that Fulham are a bogie team!

Last just how much do you need to look at current from ? Last 4 games? 2 points from 12! or for the season? Let''s just wait and see what happens after 38 games as current form has no bearing on how any teams will perform, but if we carry on as we are it will be a very long and tense season as I expected and said from day one! The teams promotd spent lots of money, have done well to this point.

The next 18 games will be down to the players, managers and bords spending power in January.

Hopefully we will get a few games where the rub of the green goes our way and we nick enough points to stay 17th and above.

But all fans from all the teams down here will be saying the same about each others teams, Fulham and Sundeland web sites will be pretty much the same as this one!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.[/quote]Our run is looks pretty bad, three of the top four at home.  In the end everyone is playing everyone else again.  As I said earlier, I think we will stumble over the line.  But if this is building a team, it is going nowhere fast.  There is no discernable improvement on the pitch from last season, and we have better players this term.I must admit my expectations for this season were a little higher than battling it out with a declining Sunderland, imploding Cardiff, Strikerless West Ham and an appalling Crystal Palace side.[/quote]

Agreed!I sum it up with the three ''B''sBeige, Blah & Boring.There is genuinely nothing to get excited about on game day. I don''t get excited when we have possession and sadly enough, I don''t get excited when we score, because I have the inherent feeling that the team simply doesn''t know how to win games, unless the opponent completely capitulates.I place this lack of mental strength and determination squarely on the coaching and management style. There was a reason Grant Holt had to leave; his ''go out and fight for it'' mentality wasn''t welcome. I''m not bringing up the topic of if Grant Holt was good enough to play for NCFC at the prem level or not, but no one could question his ferocity and willingness to win a game.Right now we look as though we''re simply trying to survive 90 minutes. We look like a sad team that is hoping that other teams play worse than us.

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="cityislife"]Good day, Bad day or status quo?Big wins for villa, brom and a huge win for fulham.Still the chance to establish the ''mid-table'' teams this season.As for norwich, so-so. we are very much in the gap between this... cant help but think the chance is there for us to keep well away from the scrap..

[/quote]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. I wouldn''t swap their list for ours for a pension.A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.Palace must have marked us as a must win, they didn''t and on the balance of play don''t look like winning enoughCardiff have reasonable fixtures at home but 6 of the top 10 away. Their next fixture at home to W Ham could be pivotal for both teams.Villa''s win has almost killed Sunderland who have 8 of the top 10 awayOn balance it''s all going along pretty much as I expect but lots of time for it to change although I expect it won''t.[/quote]

What difference does it have who has who to play?

All the games will have different circumstances attached to theem, from nothing to play for or playing after a European cup game!

It''s down to beating those around you, is it not?

Additionally Ricardo I bet you expected us to beat Fulham? Or did you write that one off on the fact that Fulham are a bogie team!

Last just how much do you need to look at current from ? Last 4 games? 2 points from 12! or for the season? Let''s just wait and see what happens after 38 games as current form has no bearing on how any teams will perform, but if we carry on as we are it will be a very long and tense season as I expected and said from day one! The teams promotd spent lots of money, have done well to this point.

The next 18 games will be down to the players, managers and bords spending power in January.

Hopefully we will get a few games where the rub of the green goes our way and we nick enough points to stay 17th and above.

But all fans from all the teams down here will be saying the same about each others teams, Fulham and Sundeland web sites will be pretty much the same as this one!

[/quote]No, it''s as much about denying them pointsI can''t beleive you didn''t see the hiding I took when I said Fulham were our bogey and we wouldn''t beat them.If you look at current form as a 4 game window no wonder you can''t see the wood for the tree''s. I use a 10 game rolling window, it''s much more revealing.

Here''s a little fact for you to mull over, only 4 teams with 16 points or less after 20 games have ever beaten the drop in the entire history of 38 game Premiership football. I wouldn''t want to be Sunderland or WHam.At 17 points it''s still only 7

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.[/quote]Our run is looks pretty bad, three of the top four at home.  In the end everyone is playing everyone else again.  As I said earlier, I think we will stumble over the line.  But if this is building a team, it is going nowhere fast.  There is no discernable improvement on the pitch from last season, and we have better players this term.I must admit my expectations for this season were a little higher than battling it out with a declining Sunderland, imploding Cardiff, Strikerless West Ham and an appalling Crystal Palace side.[/quote]So you wouldn''t take our 5 at home and 3 away against the top 8As opposed to Sunderland''s 1 at home and 7 awayor W Ham''s 4 at home and 4 awayor Fulham''s 4 at home and 4 awayor Palace 4 at home 4 awayor Cardiff''s 2 at home 6 awayor Villa''s 2 at home 6 awayYou really are a funny old lot on here. You never bother to check your facts before spouting out the received wisdom. I can only repeat that I wouldn''t swap ours for any of the above.[:D][;)][Y][<:o)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.[/quote]Our run is looks pretty bad, three of the top four at home.  In the end everyone is playing everyone else again.  As I said earlier, I think we will stumble over the line.  But if this is building a team, it is going nowhere fast.  There is no discernable improvement on the pitch from last season, and we have better players this term.I must admit my expectations for this season were a little higher than battling it out with a declining Sunderland, imploding Cardiff, Strikerless West Ham and an appalling Crystal Palace side.[/quote]So you wouldn''t take our 5 at home and 3 away against the top 8As opposed to Sunderland''s 1 at home and 7 awayor W Ham''s 4 at home and 4 awayor Fulham''s 4 at home and 4 awayor Palace 4 at home 4 awayor Cardiff''s 2 at home 6 awayor Villa''s 2 at home 6 awayYou really are a funny old lot on here. You never bother to check your facts before spouting out the received wisdom. I can only repeat that I wouldn''t swap ours for any of the above.[:D][;)][Y][<:o)][/quote]

What rubbish you spout. Teams at the bottom tend to lose to teams in the top 8 whether they play them at home or away so home ''advantage'' is much less of an importance in those games.

It''s games against the teams at the bottom that are the important ones to win. They are the ones that you want to still have to play at home

Ok sunshine whatever way you want it but you will always be wrong if you can''t quote the figures.We have 4 of the bottom half left to play at home, Palace also have 4 as do WBAFulham and WHam have only 3 and also StokeHull have only 2Villa have 5 ( but a very poor home record)Only Cardiff and Sunderland with 6 each have more than us but that''s balanced out by far tougher away games.

Would you now like to tell me who it is that''s spouting the rubbish?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Shame that nobody could predict and prepare us for our relegation to Division One in May 2009......[/quote]

Or indeed, our subsequent promotions ''on the bounce'' back into the top-flight......

[quote user="ricardo"]So you wouldn''t take our 5 at home and 3 away against the top 8As opposed to Sunderland''s 1 at home and 7 awayor W Ham''s 4 at home and 4 awayor Fulham''s 4 at home and 4 awayor Palace 4 at home 4 awayor Cardiff''s 2 at home 6 awayor Villa''s 2 at home 6 awayYou really are a funny old lot on here. You never bother to check your facts before spouting out the received wisdom. I can only repeat that I wouldn''t swap ours for any of the above.[:D][;)][Y][<:o)][/quote]So having home games against the top clubs is a good thing?  I would rather have a bunch of easy home games to come.

[quote user="ricardo"]Ok sunshine whatever way you want it but you will always be wrong if you can''t quote the figures.We have 4 of the bottom half left to play at home, Palace also have 4 as do WBAVilla have 5 ( but a very poor home record)[/quote]Perhaps that explains Villa''s home form...  if they have played most of the top sides.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]Ok sunshine whatever way you want it but you will always be wrong if you can''t quote the figures.We have 4 of the bottom half left to play at home, Palace also have 4 as do WBAVilla have 5 ( but a very poor home record)[/quote]Perhaps that explains Villa''s home form...  if they have played most of the top sides.[/quote]They have 4 at home and 6 away to play against top half. but of the 4 bottom half teams they have played at home they have only won 1.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If only we could rely on our home form. Villa Cardiff Fulham Swansea are games that should have yielded more than 2 points. It quite simply isn''t good enough.[/quote]

[Y]

6 more wins and few draws should see us safe... I think... but anything can happen in football the stats are on our side at least.
The BBC is spot on for what we need in the transfer window IMO
"If City manager Chris Hughton were to make one signing, it would be somebody who could make the Canaries more solid at the back because, at the moment, they don''t look convincing defensively."

To be fair Ricardo, it makes no sense to quote who each team has left, home or away bottom 6 or top 6 as results will be down to a number of things on the day!

There is no way on hell any of us using stats or gut feeling have any idea who will end up in the bottom three.

The reality is that who ever picks up the most points between now and 38 games will stay up.

The question is do we think the Norwich players and management have the strength, stomach and attitude for the fight coming up over the next 18 games? From what I have seen over the past 4 game it''s questionable! We need to see a leader on and off the field to head the team, motivate them for the tast ahead.

I could not give a toss about who has who to play, who are our bogie teams and what others are doing, I only care about Norwich and I for one stand behind Hughton, I hope he can get the best out of the players and gain the points needed to stay up this year starting with Everton. I would play a fringe squad against Fulham as we cannot afford a cup run this year. Rest the players and give the fringe players the game.

If we do survive I want to see the board act by getting in a far more energetic and motivated maneger, someone who can motivate players, get them playing attractive football once more. I don''t want another season of this dross, but that''s just me, you might be happy to see this type of football for another year but I would like to see a change.

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]Pretty much a must win for Fulham as they only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home. Absolutely disasterous for West Ham who also only have 3 of the bottom half left to play at home plus everyone from Liverpool down to Swansea, then the top 4 away. A decent win for WBA all be it against 10 men but again their remaining fixtures look harder than ours.[/quote]Our run is looks pretty bad, three of the top four at home.  In the end everyone is playing everyone else again.  As I said earlier, I think we will stumble over the line.  But if this is building a team, it is going nowhere fast.  There is no discernable improvement on the pitch from last season, and we have better players this term.I must admit my expectations for this season were a little higher than battling it out with a declining Sunderland, imploding Cardiff, Strikerless West Ham and an appalling Crystal Palace side.[/quote]

Agreed!I sum it up with the three ''B''sBeige, Blah & Boring.There is genuinely nothing to get excited about on game day. I don''t get excited when we have possession and sadly enough, I don''t get excited when we score, because I have the inherent feeling that the team simply doesn''t know how to win games, unless the opponent completely capitulates.I place this lack of mental strength and determination squarely on the coaching and management style. There was a reason Grant Holt had to leave; his ''go out and fight for it'' mentality wasn''t welcome. I''m not bringing up the topic of if Grant Holt was good enough to play for NCFC at the prem level or not, but no one could question his ferocity and willingness to win a game.Right now we look as though we''re simply trying to survive 90 minutes. We look like a sad team that is hoping that other teams play worse than us.

[/quote]

The commentator for Man U vs Spurs said the difference between AVB and TS is..

AVB went into games to not lose

TS will go into games wanting to win.

I see AVB method similar to CH...whereas a former manager was of the same theory as TS