Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Ten sides in panic zone

I can never recall at this stage of the season so many teams in panic! It looks as if those in the bottom ten could all be possibilities for the dreaded drop.

Whatever panic buying this will lead to in this window I dread to think. Millions will be wasted that''s for sure. I would think the loan market would be the best bet for us, rather than hand out premiership salary for a permanent contract.

Let''s just hope those at CR get the right people in!!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d say last year was similar.[/quote]This time last year 16 points separated 10th place from the bottom team.This year its 9 points.

Either that or the relative tightness will mean teams dont panic (''we''re only a few points from safety). Pressure remains on those currently occupying the zone. As we know sitting in the zone changes the outlook on whats happening completely, even if its somewhat of a technicality rather than being cut off...

I don''t see much changing in the bottom 10 clubs - positions may flip up and down a bit but on current performances it seem likely that they will all remain pretty close on points. All these clubs are much of a muchness and it could all come down to a bit of luck (referee''s decisions, injuries at critical times etc) to make the final difference. However any team that puts a decent series of results together can pull away quite quickly. Which is why I hope we will dip into the transfer market (even if its only a couple of loans possibly with a view to buy) to freshen the squad up and give us opportunities to change the style a bit and rest the weary / injured.

Thing that I don''t really get is why people think we shouldn''t be amongst those clubs. It would be nice to be clear of it but to be fair 10th is within three points and then come Southampton who are probably the only team who are really clear of the group who you wouldn''t expect to be.

OP - this is the most dissatisfying aspect of City''s performance this season for me. 

It could rightly be concluded that we''re not faring particularly worse than the other bottom-half clubs, and obviously slightly better than some. But that misses the main point for me, that we are ''wasting'' this golden opportunity to improve on last year''s achievements, whereby we could be hovering near the ''top of the bottom'' (like those world-beaters Southampton, Hull or even Villa).

If our points average picks up from here, AND we get a fantastically good run in the cup, then I will end up OK with the season. This is not much of a challenge to get excited about, nor is it even an especially easy one.