Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Stares at Goats

Get Di Metteo on the phone

Today was the last straw for me. I''m all in on the Houghton out campaign. Any joy and excitement I had that was built up over the previous seasons has now been extinguished. I''m not as numb or in as much despair as the dark days of being relegated to League 1, but I have certainly become numb to anticipated excitement of watching NCFC play.For those of you who are in a position of business ownership or management, you will agree that their are two things that top the list when it comes to employee/team members damaging productivity and creativity.1.) An employee who doesn''t learn from their mistakes and disguises their inadequacy with simply going through the motions.2.) An employee who has ''quit'' while on the job and simply goes through the motions to continue collecting a pay check.Both are very costly to any business or team.I''m afraid that Houghton possess a strong shade of both. The club should''ve done better over the Christmas period and we are now in a precarious position. I know we''re 3 points from 10th  and 3 points from relegation, but I''m talking about something much more inherent that is lacking in the team; confidence, trust and the will to win.Children are a reflection of their parentsEmployees are a reflection of their bossTeam Athletes are a reflection of their managerWe are poor on ALL fronts and those who say we ''had a good game'', well, this is only relative to the 5hite we''ve become accustomed to watching week after week. Why is it that we get so excited when NCFC are able to string 10 passes together and finish with a shot on target? Because we only see it twice a game, if we''re lucky. We lack IDEAS on the pitch. We''re uncoordinated and continue to make poor decisions in critical areas of the pitch. the only ''shots'' we are consistently able to muster are from 25yds+, which have a low conversion rate. When was the last time our strikers where put through on goal? Or got behind the defense to cause problems? When was the last time we worked the ball into the box and made the keeper earn their paycheck? And I''m not talking about deliveries from dead-ball situations. but legitimately worked the ball up the field and finished with a quality attempt? Okay, you might be able to recall one or two, but is that something we can trust the players to execute time and again? No. We struggle to put three or four passes together with any real intention and ask questions of the opposition.What does a person become when they don''t have a leader to guide the

way? You get a mercenary. What do mercenaries look out for? Themselves.At this point I now strongly believe that CH is not the manager to take us FORWARD. We''re stuck in neutral and for some reason seem content with watching the 5hit show week in, week out.Who would I choose as a replacement?  Roberto Di Matteo

[quote user="lake district canary"]The grass is always greener

[/quote]The grass is only greener where you water it. But at the moment we''re simply pi55ing on the grass.I''m not one to cut and run. I believe you should work with what you have and build from there. But I also believe that it''s not possible to make chicken salad with chicken 5hit.

[quote user="ricardo"]Do they need an Italian waiter in Yellows?[/quote]What a great idea! I hear Di Metteo is a fine sommelier who is able to pair the best house wine with your choice of pie. I heard he''s even willing to pours the wine from a Champions League cup!These are but some of the small luxuries one can have in life when one knows how to win.

the amount of money this bloke would want would cost the equivalent of a quality midfielder, then, if it all goes wrong youve got to pay him off the equivalent value of a south of france vineyard no thanksbritish manager please

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="ricardo"]Do they need an Italian waiter in Yellows?[/quote]What a great idea! I hear Di Metteo is a fine sommelier who is able to pair the best house wine with your choice of pie. I heard he''s even willing to pours the wine from a Champions League cup!These are but some of the small luxuries one can have in life when one knows how to win.

[/quote]Excellent, I shall lunch there tomorrow.[Y]

[quote user="iron_stan"]the amount of money this bloke would want would cost the equivalent of a quality midfielder, then, if it all goes wrong youve got to pay him off the equivalent value of a south of france vineyard no thanksbritish manager please[/quote]Just like cars or carpets.... you get what you pay for.

[quote user="Herman "]Fair enough if you want a change, but why Di Matteo?[/quote]Good question.Because he knows how to win and has tasted victory at the highest level of club football.Due to his success as a player and manager, he would command the respect of the players.Everyone has there learning curve and I believe NCFC would be a great fit for him at this point in his career.90% of British managers suck and there really isn''t a home-grown choice that comes to mind that wouldn''t be anything more than rearranging the furniture, when what is required is a complete rebuild of mental fortitude.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="ricardo"]Do they need an Italian waiter in Yellows?[/quote]What a great idea! I hear Di Metteo is a fine sommelier who is able to pair the best house wine with your choice of pie. I heard he''s even willing to pours the wine from a Champions League cup!These are but some of the small luxuries one can have in life when one knows how to win.

[/quote]Excellent, I shall lunch there tomorrow.[Y][/quote]

Sorry to raise your expectations there, Ricardo. He hasn''t actually been hired yet. Maybe hold off until mid Jan?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="ricardo"]Do they need an Italian waiter in Yellows?
[/quote]

What a great idea! I hear Di Metteo is a fine sommelier who is able to pair the best house wine with your choice of pie. I heard he''s even willing to pours the wine from a Champions League cup!

These are but some of the small luxuries one can have in life when one knows how to win.

[/quote]

Excellent, I shall lunch there tomorrow.[Y]
[/quote]

If you have chips with your meal, can you predict how many you''ll get on your plate?

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="iron_stan"]the amount of money this bloke would want would cost the equivalent of a quality midfielder, then, if it all goes wrong youve got to pay him off the equivalent value of a south of france vineyard no thanksbritish manager please[/quote]Just like cars or carpets.... you get what you pay for.

[/quote]sometimes expensive carpets arent all they cracked up to be and fade quickly, and then end up getting replaced after 12 months

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="ricardo"]Do they need an Italian waiter in Yellows?[/quote]What a great idea! I hear Di Metteo is a fine sommelier who is able to pair the best house wine with your choice of pie. I heard he''s even willing to pours the wine from a Champions League cup!These are but some of the small luxuries one can have in life when one knows how to win.

[/quote]Excellent, I shall lunch there tomorrow.[Y][/quote]

If you have chips with your meal, can you predict how many you''ll get on your plate?

[/quote]An Italian is likely to replace your chips with spaghetti. It makes the counting much more difficult and, when it comes to the football, well, the post-match interviews won''t count for anything.

Fucking hell, you can''t even spell his name!

Did you watch any of his great success in the Champions league? The most dire, turgid, defensive, inexpansive pap ever served up - people accuse Hoots of being defensive but ''Di Metteo'' offered up the flat back 10...good lord!

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]Fucking hell, you can''t even spell his name!

Did you watch any of his great success in the Champions league? The most dire, turgid, defensive, inexpansive pap ever served up - people accuse Hoots of being defensive but ''Di Metteo'' offered up the flat back 10...good lord![/quote]Oh how I love people who have no more intelligence other than to zero in on a typo or spelling error....But more so than that, how I enjoy reading responses from idiots who haven''t even bothered to take the time to follow the meaning of the OP. Pray tell, Mr. Humpty, where in my original post have I mentioned anything about ''STYLE'' of play? Clearly you can''t pay enough attention to follow the bouncing ball. So do sit down before you hurt yourself. What I''m referring to is ''QUALITY'' of play. I don''t mind a team that is set up defensively, as long as they play with QUALITY. And the caps are for your edification. Since you''ve already proven yourself to be in the bottom 10th percentile.The fact that Roberto Di Matteo is tactically astute enough to set up his team to outplay Bayern Munich in the Champions League final, with multiple injuries and suspensions to key players, means nothing to you? You are either a drunkard, or an idiot. My guess would be both. The man has won numerous cups as a player, along with the League Cup and Champions League as a manager. He understands the WINNING mentality. He KNOWS what it takes to achieve success. And I believe he''s at the right point in his career to galvanize his experience into a sustainable methodology. So just admit, Sir Humpty, you''ve missed the point, shot your load prematurely and move on....

We have been 5hit ever since Hughton arrived , he played for draws in the pre season friendlies and has stuck to his game plan ever since . Woeful manager and the sooner he goes the better , surely the only supporters he has left on side now are Delias over seventy clap at anything brigade.

Have I missed something? Has our current Manager left the club? Should that happen, and I am really not sure it will this season, then sure Di Matteo could be a contender....BUT.....my concern is that he hasnt been snapped up already and I am really not sure he is the type of Manager we need or who could manage on what will still be very limited funds compared to almost all of the other EPL clubs.

Di Matteo would set us up to keep a clean sheet and hopefully snatch a goal at the other end just as he did at Chelsea and WBA. Sound familiar?There is obviously a very good financial reason that Sunderland could not tempt him from his £130,000 per week gardening leave.

How about Tim Sherwood, if Spurs decide to go for a ''big name''?

He sure as hell won''t hang around at White Hart Lane, seems pretty ''ballsy'' and attack-minded, and of course has that connection to the club that so many like to see.

Tim Sherwood was given the Spurs job before christmas? Have you been hibernating.

"InchY_Van_Cureton."

Tim Sherwood was given the Spurs job before christmas? Have you been hibernating.

I think he meant the other Tim Sherwood. Oh......

1 - I''m pretty sure Di Matteo won''t take a job outside of London

2 - Why do people want to get rid of the "defensive" Hughton and replace him with two of the most defensive managers the PL has seen in recent years in Di Matteo or Mackay?

splutcho wrote the following post at 02/01/2014 10:09 AM:

1 - I''m pretty sure Di Matteo won''t take a job outside of London

2 - Why do people want to get rid of the "defensive" Hughton and replace him with two of the most defensive managers the PL has seen in recent years in Di Matteo or Mackay?

................. and why do you think neither Di Matteo or Mackay have jobs at the moment?