Sign in to follow this  
peateabee

Hooper and Wolfswinkel for Fulham

Surely this is the ideal opportunity to try our most potent strikers in partnership. If we can get them firing together our chances of survival would rocket, and this is essentially a risk free game to start them off on that road as being knocked out of the cup would not be a disaster anyway. They need time together in competitive games as we will need them to be as cohesive as possible for the more important challenges of the season that lie ahead.

on a side note - gutted to see Solskjaer going to Cardiff. Could be a good appointment for them and he would have been one i would have been interested in if Hughton left. I think he would have understood how to re-instill that man utd style attitude that we had for a few years. Will be interesting to see how he does.

[quote user="peateabee"]Surely this is the ideal opportunity to try our most potent strikers in partnership. If we can get them firing together our chances of survival would rocket, and this is essentially a risk free game to start them off on that road as being knocked out of the cup would not be a disaster anyway. They need time together in competitive games as we will need them to be as cohesive as possible for the more important challenges of the season that lie ahead. on a side note - gutted to see Solskjaer going to Cardiff. Could be a good appointment for them and he would have been one i would have been interested in if Hughton left. I think he would have understood how to re-instill that man utd style attitude that we had for a few years. Will be interesting to see how he does.[/quote]

Look, I hate to go all "Forum Police" on you , but isnt this exactly the same as the thread currently below?

Imagine Solskjaer never played for United and you had never heard of him before - would you be jealous of a manager who finished 6th in the Norwegian league? Ole might be a great manager in the future, or he might not - but for a team 1 point off the relegation zone and in some pretty bad form it is a massive risk.

Look, I hate to go all "Forum Police" on you , but isnt this exactly the same as the thread currently below?

yeah, sorry - my bad! Although in my defense when i came on to start the thread I didn''t see the one your talking about, so it can''t have been that high on the list. By the time I had finished writing though, it had jumped up again to the one right below. Anyway as I said, my mistake.

But BYaG, that''s all part of his allure and a key part of why he might be successful.

The fans will respect him, as will current players and potential new buys. I agree he''s a gamble though. Remember how Lambert being a champions league winner was always bandied about?

The likes of Steve Kean and co were like lambs to the slaughter from the off due to their inexperience playing and that lost them a lot of initial respect.

Saying that, would you take Maradona as manager here?

I''d be in the club of ''it''d be interesting but i don''t think he''d succeed''

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Imagine Solskjaer never played for United and you had never heard of him before - would you be jealous of a manager who finished 6th in the Norwegian league? Ole might be a great manager in the future, or he might not - but for a team 1 point off the relegation zone and in some pretty bad form it is a massive risk.

[/quote]

To be fair I can see where your coming from, it is a gamble for any premier league team to take him on. However to start imagining Solskjaer didn''t play for man utd etc is pretty pointless, because he did. He did play for man utd for eleven years, under alex ferguson no-less, where he should have picked up something, Then Man Utd and Ferguson decided he had enough aptitude to keep him on as a coach where he coached the first team strikers for a year, then the reserves for four years. From there he actually won the league with Molde in his first year there, before as you rightly say finishing sixth.

Am i jealous. yes and no. I think he could be a good manager and i''m gutted because I don''t like the idea of a rival having a potentially good manager. However for us, at this time It would have been a real gamble to let hughton go and bring in someone like him. One that on balance may not have been worth taking, but taken at the end of the season. maybe.