Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Central Midfield

With Fer picking up a suspension, I make it that we only have one fit recognised CM at the club presently (BJ). What are the options for central midfield? Has Fox returned to the club following his loan? Thought Martin did ok there when he came on, others have touted Whittaker for the role. Snodgrass or Hoolahan could play there if necessary I guess, but what is the realistic option - doubt we''ll be blooding any of the youth team...  Or does Hughton buy/loan his way out of this problem? Fer will only be out for the odd game, but the squads pretty thin at the mo

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]With Fer picking up a suspension, I make it that we only have one fit recognised CM at the club presently (BJ). What are the options for central midfield? Has Fox returned to the club following his loan? Thought Martin did ok there when he came on, others have touted Whittaker for the role. Snodgrass or Hoolahan could play there if necessary I guess, but what is the realistic option - doubt we''ll be blooding any of the youth team...  Or does Hughton buy/loan his way out of this problem? Fer will only be out for the odd game, but the squads pretty thin at the mo[/quote]He''ll only be suspended for the cup game though, won''t he?

wouldn''t suprise me to see a loan within the next 24 hours until we get players back or can afford someone more permanent.

The way Snodgrass is playing at the moment it''d likely be a disaster having him in central midfield.

Probably better with a cardboard cut out of Howson.

As I understand it, Fox should be back at the club by now. That said, he didn''t feature for Barnsley much at all (if at all!) over the last 2 months.

Surely we might as well give McGeehan a chance!?

[quote user="Hollywood Canary"]As I understand it, Fox should be back at the club by now. That said, he didn''t feature for Barnsley much at all (if at all!) over the last 2 months.

Surely we might as well give McGeehan a chance!?[/quote]I watched him when Barnsley were on the telly a few months ago, he was utterly anonymous.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hollywood Canary"]As I understand it, Fox should be back at the club by now. That said, he didn''t feature for Barnsley much at all (if at all!) over the last 2 months.

Surely we might as well give McGeehan a chance!?[/quote]I watched him when Barnsley were on the telly a few months ago, he was utterly anonymous.[/quote]

Think it was the 1p5wich match. He wasn''t great. But sometimes you''re only as good as those around you.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Hollywood Canary"]As I understand it, Fox should be back at the club by now. That said, he didn''t feature for Barnsley much at all (if at all!) over the last 2 months.

Surely we might as well give McGeehan a chance!?[/quote]I watched him when Barnsley were on the telly a few months ago, he was utterly anonymous.[/quote]

Think it was the 1p5wich match. He wasn''t great. But sometimes you''re only as good as those around you.[/quote]Yeah it was the Ipswich match.Oh right, so you''re blaming other players because he was poor?[;)]

If Fox is back, and he cant displace a gap in the formation (rather than a rival for his position) then what on earth are we still doing with him on the books? If the answer is not Fox in the short term then surely we should release the poor chap if even under these circumstances we''re not prepared to play him

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]If Fox is back, and he cant displace a gap in the formation (rather than a rival for his position) then what on earth are we still doing with him on the books? If the answer is not Fox in the short term then surely we should release the poor chap if even under these circumstances we''re not prepared to play him[/quote]He may be many things, but I doubt poor is one of them!

Think Fox''s time at Barnsley might have been spoilt a bit by illness.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha no Morty but sometimes it doesn''t help. There''s no doubt he''d look better with Johnson next to him rather than Perkins.[/quote]Kinda sounds a wee bit excusey though, you may have to consider the possibility that he''s really just not good enough.

[quote user="star_manic"]Is Surman back as well?[/quote]No.He is on a years loan.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha no Morty but sometimes it doesn''t help. There''s no doubt he''d look better with Johnson next to him rather than Perkins.[/quote]Kinda sounds a wee bit excusey though, you may have to consider the possibility that he''s really just not good enough.[/quote]

I could apply that to a few things ;)