Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Could the Binners replace us in the Premiership next year?

Interesting conversation just had with a binner workmate!

But he is pretty confident of getting into the playoffs and promoted, as MaCarthey has them playing solid hard to beat football, ideal for the Chumpionship.

I haven''t even given this the time of day  but for would find it hard to accept next season if we do go down with the binners up!

I would have to say that there are far better teams in that division and hope that the likes of Leicester & Derby etc. will up their game, also I still think we will just about be OK this year. But this scenario still scares me.

You''re damn right I wet my pants at this, I hate working with binners when they have a spell unbeaten, they crawel out of the dark places like some smelly old mold!

McCarthy is a good manager at Champs level and has done well for them. They don''t look good enough to cme up and we don''t look bad enough to go down.But it''s a possibility, however remote.I certainly hope not[li]

[quote user="Indy"]You''re damn right I wet my pants at this, I hate working with binners when they have a spell unbeaten, they crawel out of the dark places like some smelly old mold![/quote]You should be openly mocking them on a daily basis, how long they been in the Championship now?What crowds do they get?How much debt are they in?Etc, etc, etc.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]You''re damn right I wet my pants at this, I hate working with binners when they have a spell unbeaten, they crawel out of the dark places like some smelly old mold![/quote]

You should be openly mocking them on a daily basis, how long they been in the Championship now?

What crowds do they get?

How much debt are they in?

Etc, etc, etc.
[/quote]

To be honest I have felt a little sorry for them, but still been taking time to ensure our high status as the Pride Of Anglia is pushed into their faces with my little Subbuteo Score Board Reading Ipswich 1- 5 Norwich (This was removed from my desk at some point never to be seen again).

Yet today during our first post Christmas coffee I felt uneasy and a little unnerved!

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]You''re damn right I wet my pants at this, I hate working with binners when they have a spell unbeaten, they crawel out of the dark places like some smelly old mold![/quote]You should be openly mocking them on a daily basis, how long they been in the Championship now?What crowds do they get?How much debt are they in?Etc, etc, etc.[/quote]

To be honest I have felt a little sorry for them, but still been taking time to ensure our high status as the Pride Of Anglia is pushed into their faces with my little Subbuteo Score Board Reading Ipswich 1- 5 Norwich (This was removed from my desk at some point never to be seen again).

Yet today during our first post Christmas coffee I felt uneasy and a little unnerved!

[/quote]Be strong.Have a little think how your colleagues would be behaving, were the shoe on the other foot.Show no mercy, they wouldn''t.

The Binners think so, they have all crawled out of their holes recently. Just like others I have to work with them!

Yep, I had a text from one at approx. 4.45 yesterday, needless to say I text him back as soon as Charlton''s equaliser went in 5 mins later.

They are starting to get a bit cocky

Maybe they should start worrying about holding on to their manager. West brom job is up and looks likely the west Ham one will be soon. Doing a good job on a small budget and he has PL experience.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Maybe we should move for McCarthy , upgrade our manager and derail their promotion push in one swift move.[/quote]

Can I claim the first site of the not so rare Wiz-has-returnus, once thought to have departed our shores but as always not for long.

I live in binner territory and they are suddenly wanting to talk about football for the first time since 2011! I had the misfortune of watching them v Watford (supporting Watford of course) and it was one of the most depressing football experiences of my life. Empty seats all around, no atmosphere and a dreadful game, especially first half.

They do look solid and hard to beat and this is confirmed by the few binners that actually go to matches around me and they do think that MM will keep them in and around the top half of the table even scraping a top six finish. Think the ''sum of the parts'' is greater than than the individuals on display and you will get how they play. Another Hull/Palace for example but at a lower level.

I have to say that watching them made me thankful for what we see on a regular basis despite our own stuttering performances. For example our game v Man U was on another planet to what I had the pain of watching and even the Fulham match had elements better than it.

Its definitely possible for a role reversal next year but IMO highly unlikely.

of course it is a possibility, but unlikely IMO, unless they sneak in via the playoffs. It may be stating the bleed''n obviously but automatic promotion spots seem to be between Leicester, Burnley, QPR and Derby.

Ipswich 8th for me behind, Leicester, QPR, Derby, Burnley, Wigan, Leeds, Forest.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Simple answer is obviously yes but I doubt they will.If we go down we''re more than likely to be playing them next season unfortunately.[/quote]Well that would please some who miss the Derbies. Every cloud has a silver lining.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Simple answer is obviously yes but I doubt they will.If we go down we''re more than likely to be playing them next season unfortunately.[/quote]Well that would please some who miss the Derbies. Every cloud has a silver lining.[/quote]The probability of them being promoted is fairly slim.The probability of us being relegated isn''t particularly big.The probability of us getting relegated and them getting promoted is the first multiplied by the second, so much smaller than either of them.The probability of us playing them in league football either through us being relegated or them getting promoted is the most likely probability, but still not very likely.I''ll be quite honest and say I''d like them to get promoted. Derbies are fun and it''s good for East Anglia.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This thread comes as no surprise to me...[/quote]

So the thought had entered your head after all ? [;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Simple answer is obviously yes but I doubt they will.If we go down we''re more than likely to be playing them next season unfortunately.[/quote]Well that would please some who miss the Derbies. Every cloud has a silver lining.[/quote]Miss the derbies ?..........they''re so yesterday [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]Simple answer is obviously yes but I doubt they will.If we go down we''re more than likely to be playing them next season unfortunately.[/quote]Well that would please some who miss the Derbies. Every cloud has a silver lining.[/quote]Miss the derbies ?..........they''re so yesterday [:D][/quote]Indeed, I pray I never see another[:D]

with us currently around 3-1 and the paupers at 10-1 you could easily get 30-1 on that result surely that has to be worth a punt, more so for those who have us already relegated as it means you are getting odds of 30-1 on the paupers being promotedhowever things will look a bit clearer come Feb when some of the other clubs will have spent in the transfer windowso far the paupers have done ok with injuries, suspensions - but if Evans stay''s true to type then there will be pretty much zero money spent and that will eventually tell

[quote user="City1st"]with us currently around 3-1 and the paupers at 10-1 you could easily get 30-1 on that result surely that has to be worth a punt, more so for those who have us already relegated as it means you are getting odds of 30-1 on the paupers being promotedhowever things will look a bit clearer come Feb when some of the other clubs will have spent in the transfer windowso far the paupers have done ok with injuries, suspensions - but if Evans stay''s true to type then there will be pretty much zero money spent and that will eventually tell

[/quote]But, but, but I thought they were rolling in it when they came here flashing all those twenty pound notes.Say it aint so, City 1st.[:D]

Ricardohave emailed and pm''ed the pic to you

for some reason it would post on this forum

[quote user="City1st"]Ricardohave emailed and pm''ed the pic to you

for some reason it would post on this forum

[/quote]Got ''em both but no attachment to open on either