Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

If you knew he would keep us up, would you still want him gone this season?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, the football is not how we would all like it...So lets leave out the "nice guy" stuff and concentrate on the football[/quote]
This in a nutshell is the problem LDC.

I don''t think virtually any of us have an issue with Hughton as an individual, either in the way he presents himself and the club, or the manner in which he deals with others in the game.

The problem is the apalling quality of football being served up each week...

It would be bad enough if we were playing horrible, negative football and getting the results at the end, but when we''re playing god awful football at times (such as horribly isolating our strikers and looking ineffective in midfield) and losing/drawing on the back of it - it becomes a bit too much to swallow.

He did his job last season, and those of us who weren''t sure about his long term position were told that the football would be much better this season due to him being able to bring in the players he wanted rather than using Lambert''s side - he''s had this chance, brought in some good players, and is now doing his best to make them - and us, look shit...

Frankly, I don''t give a damn about the ''nice guy'' comments, I''d simply rather be watching a team that tries to play good, attacking, passing football (like we have been traditionally known for), instead of the dross we''re seeing FAR too often under Hughton.

Regardless of his professionalism and personality, the football HAS to come first, and at the minute the football simply is NOT good enough...
[/quote]

This is one of the things that has "helped" me to change my mind - i think a number of fans on here who want him gone have been fare to Hughton and respect him but as Indy says, have concluded that for all that he did manage last season, it''s just not happening any more and the fans just aren''t feeling it. It''s not working. Two steps forward two steps back. Very frustrating and too much for many to take withouth concluding that a change is needed. I am just concerned about the disruption of a sacking at this stage and the lack of good candidates to replace, hence i would hope DM is working on that right now with a view to a change in the close season.

You could also argue that they stuck with him through the bad times

They didn''t have much choice after giving him a 8 year contract!

[quote user="JF"]You could also argue that they stuck with him through the bad times

They didn''t have much choice after giving him a 8 year contract![/quote]Well at least you can console yourself that Hughton hasn''t got such a long tenure. I think he''ll be here until May and depending how the season turns out the Board may decide to change.We are at the mercy of events, as always.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Sorry RTB what on earth is embarrassing about it ?

I thought the whole basis of message boards was debate and his seems like a valid debate regardless of stance on the matter.[/quote]i was thinking more about the content, even though the subject has been debated for eighteen months without even a close season break. What is new in any of this? It''s the same guff regurgitated after every game in multiple threads like a football Groundhog Day. No one has anything new to add, we all know what each other thinks on the subject and none of us has any influence on the outcome.

So what''s the likely team for Fulham?

We can do better a lot better his football is dull he doesn''t know how to make substitutions. He has killed the atmosphere at the carra. He is a joke.

Actually RTB, this post seeks to address precisely the issue you are whining about by introducing a different slant on the Hughton in/out issue. If it bores you, you don''t have to get involved.

Or are you one of those who just shouts from the sidelines?