Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Have we picked the wrong Eredivise Destroyer?

For around the same price, Wilfried Bony looked very impressive vs Man City. Perhaps we could have persuaded him over here? He seems more suited to the demands of Premiership football then RVW has so far. How much better would we be doing if we could get RVW scoring and playing well like Bony has been?

I never said he did, I just said he destroyed it, which he did (his link to Bony). Swansea have had europe to deal with this year and are ahead of us (yes it''s only a point) and look a million times better than us. Michu has been their big let down this year.

Warren Hill wrote the following post at 2014-01-02 3:17 PM:

Yep, Swansea are flying aren''t they...

Why this persistent comparison Waveney. We are NCFC.

But perhaps you failed to notice Swansea winning a cup last season and their premier league position?

At least they ACHIEVED something!

Who''s to say if they got RVW rather than Bony that he wouldn''t be scoring freely. I rather suspect Laudrup and Swansea''s style would get more out of him than we are currently.

A couple of people have said they think RVW would be better at Swansea. More expansive football and they could do with a poacher to play alongside Bony.

[quote user="a1canary"]Who''s to say if they got RVW rather than Bony that he wouldn''t be scoring freely. I rather suspect Laudrup and Swansea''s style would get more out of him than we are currently.[/quote]
This.
How many chances are we creating for our strikers? sweet F all!

Some people really need to stop criticising and comparing RVW to anyone, he will come good and I would much prefer him to Bony. Hooper looks a lot more dangerous with a strike partner up there with him and I''ll bet you RVW will do too. Also he hasn''t really had many games in a row to get him up to speed with the English game. It''s so hard to come off the bench and make an instant impact. Give him time and only judge him when he''s had a run in the team with a strike partner.

[quote user="Macey"][quote user="a1canary"]Who''s to say if they got RVW rather than Bony that he wouldn''t be scoring freely. I rather suspect Laudrup and Swansea''s style would get more out of him than we are currently.[/quote]
This.
[/quote]

Hasn''t stopped Hooper from scoring.

Speaking of people who destroyed the Eredivisie, would anyone like to own up as being one of the many people who were clamouring for us to sign Jozy Altidore last summer?What a dreadful player.

I simply cannot understand anyone criticising any of our players quite frankly.

We have a terrific squad totally spoilt by a rank coaching set up which is gradually destroying the talent we have.

If/when they get the boot, the truth will gradually emerge. Only my opinion of course, as there are many on here who know much more and totally disagree.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Warren Hill wrote the following post at 2014-01-02 3:17 PM: Yep, Swansea are flying aren''t they... Why this persistent comparison Waveney. We are NCFC. But perhaps you failed to notice Swansea winning a cup last season and their premier league position? At least they ACHIEVED something![/quote]

The comparison made by the OP was with regard to Wilfried Bony (Who does he play for?) and RVW. I merely pointed out that Swansea are a solitary point better off than us in the table.

As for last season, they won a Cup and finished 9th. 2 points ahead of us. Wilfried Bony wasn''t playing for them then either.....perhaps you failed to notice that.

Stamp your feet a bit louder.....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Macey"][quote user="a1canary"]Who''s to say if they got RVW rather than Bony that he wouldn''t be scoring freely. I rather suspect Laudrup and Swansea''s style would get more out of him than we are currently.[/quote]
This.
[/quote]

Hasn''t stopped Hooper from scoring.[/quote]
No it has not but how many chances per game is he getting compared to other teams with much more creative attacking football? I can only recall Hooper having one half chance against Palace. A lot of the time we are so static, you very rarely see us do one touch triangles and move into space to create an opportunity.
You can argue that Hooper is putting his chances away but still we should be creating 4-6 chances for our strikers per game, and as for RVW, how anyone can criticise him baffles me. If Ricky (when he was playing) was getting 4-6 chances created for him by our so called attacking midfielder''s and wingers and missing them then I could understand it but when he is not getting those chances then it is stupid to say anything bad about him. Think back to the game where Snoddy would not give him the ball for the pen, if Ricky would of had it and scored he might have gone on a small run before his injury and had 5 or 6 goals plus we might have had an extra few points, I know its in the past and you can''t change that but yeah.     

the Eredivisie is a poor quality league, Dutch football has been in steady decline for a while now. there are still the odd gems who go onto to big things elsewhere, but when was the last time a Dutch side dominated in european competition as they used to.. or the national side could be viewed as serious world cup/euro winners?

the fabled "Ajax Academy" has been eclisped, even by English football and that says alot!

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Speaking of people who destroyed the Eredivisie, would anyone like to own up as being one of the many people who were clamouring for us to sign Jozy Altidore last summer?What a dreadful player.[/quote]

Your right! I wondered what all the fuss was about myself at the time. I assumed, judging by the hype, the price and to be fair, the goal tally too that this was either a different Jozy Altidore to the one who ''lit up the premiership'' with hull a few seasons back, or he had improved immeasurably. Lets just say so far the evidence suggests the contrary.

To be honest so far I haven''t been that impressed with what I have seen of Bony either. Bits and pieces of quality, but we have essentially bought Van Wolfswinkel and Hooper for the same money as just him. Again I would suggest that we have done the better business there as well.

Looking at what we have seen so far , and starting to doubt whether there is anything more to come we may well have been better off spending the £8 million on Jordan Rhodes . May not be quite as good an all round footballer but the lad cannot stop scoring and thats what we thought we were buying , goals . And to think most on here didnt want to bother with signing Hooper because we had the world beating Wolf signed up . without Hooper we would be bottom 3 already .

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I never said he did, I just said he destroyed it, which he did (his link to Bony). Swansea have had europe to deal with this year and are ahead of us (yes it''s only a point) and look a million times better than us. Michu has been their big let down this year.[/quote]Really?  Watched a lot of their games have you?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]I mentioned Bony on here in 2012. See the following:http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2822398/ShowPost.aspx#2822398So far this season he has started 19 matches and scored 12 goals.[/quote]

Until his performance against Man City Bony has not been playing that well, and only had four premier league goals and Laudrup pretty much said so much afterward the game.

"Not only because he scored two goals but with his movement it was by far his best performance as a Swansea player," said Laudrup. Maybe Bony has just needed to adapt to this football because there’s a world of difference from the Dutch League to the Premier League and I just hope this is the performance we see from him now.

Bony has now played almost twice as many games for Swansea as Van Wolfswinkel has for us and you can still hardly judge him properly as a premier league player - It could go either way, although it looks like he might have turned a corner. Van Wolfswinkel deserves at least that amount of time until we can even begin to judge him as a player.

Personally think RVW is the better all round player from what i''ve seen (which admittedly isn''t a great deal). However no striker will ever come close to fulfilling their potential.under chris hughton''s regime. Bony would more than likely look pretty awful if he had to play in a team that creates next to no chances every week. Hooper has scored a few.recently but how many of them have been clear cut chances? Pretty sure RVW has realised he made a big mistake coming to play under chris hughton. Although in fairness he and his agent should have done their research.