Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Absolutely awful

We''re you there? The weather is atrocious here in the south today, the game only went ahead after an inspection, so the performance was never going to be ''slick'' from either side. A point away against a vastly improving Palace side in such conditions is surely not abad result.

What was lucky about the point? pal@rse rattled our woodwork 9 times? Ruddy forced into plethora of world class saves?

Looked to me like 2 teams working very hard not to lose in abominable conditions and a ref who whose ineptitude influenced game negatively for us.

Good post spot on.i have said before Houghton would not be here by Christmas he has overstayed his welcome by seven days.just walk Houghton do us a favour

Playing a Pulis side away in a howling gale and horrible rain? Add in a tw@t of a referee, a stonewall sending off for the home side overlooked, a penalty against and a (correct) sending off against us...I''d have taken a point from those descriptions at the start. If I was a Palace fan I''d be much more worried That despite all of those going in their favour they still couldn''t beat us.

Too many with an unpleasant agenda on here I''m afraid. Only one team even attempted to play football in those conditions and it wasn''t Palace. It was almost impossible to play controlled football in those conditions so all that was left was to dig in and take something away from the match.

Decent point. Onto the next ''must win'' fixture in this season that seems to be full of them for some people. (Hull)

What the f*** do some of you lot on here expect from NCFC this season? I can only conclude that some of you have very short memories indeed

And should we blame the weather, the conditions and the referee for the utter dire performancs that have been taking place over the last TWO YEARS under the management of Mr Hughton and his completely inept coaching team.

55% possession and 5 shots on target as against 4 for Palace.Ref save Pullis''s blushes thanks to bottling obvious red card.We achieve a point at Selhurst Park just as Everton did. It''s obviously a total disaster.

[quote user="City 2nd"]And should we blame the weather, the conditions and the referee for the utter dire performancs that have been taking place over the last TWO YEARS under the management of Mr Hughton and his completely inept coaching team.[/quote]Yet we come away with a point that would have been 3 if the ref had done his job and it''s a point more than a great performance against United earned us.

No - where we are awful (Fulham) then by all means we have every right to blame the management.

Saturday I thought we were very good. As I think we have been on many occasions (especially at home). - wins this season over west ham. Stoke, WBA, palace, Southampton)

So I disagree with your premise. But you obviously think that we should be walking all over these teams every week.

Finally, there is an arrogance inherent in the constant slating of Hughtons coaching team - he is regarded I believe as an excellent training ground coach, and the bile for calderwood seems to stems rom the fact that grant holt didn''t like him. You have absolutely no way of telling the input or impact of any member of the back room staff - but are happy to make negative judgements based on no information whatsoever.

If you have better evidence to inform your views on this I apologise and look forward to hearing them

I''m not saying Mike Dean is taking bribes, but if it turned out to be the case I wouldn''t be surprised. I hope Hughton will be writing to the FA over Dean''s performance today.

I think it''s a decent point.  It''s failing to pick up wins elsewhere (eg. Fulham, Cardiff and Villa at Carrow Rd) that has left us looking over our shoulder.However, with the fixture list reversing, and those tough away games now converting to tough home games, Hughton will have to start winning this type of away match to avoid a points shortfall at the end of the season.

City2nd, Hughton has fulfilled the Club''s primary objective last season and so far this season we are on course to stay up again.

There have been numerous good performances in that period, just as there were poor performances under Lambert. We need to stop making such generalised statements and try to consider the grey areas rather than Lambert = good and Hughton = bad.

[quote user="killiecanary"]No - where we are awful (Fulham) then by all means we have every right to blame the management.

Saturday I thought we were very good. As I think we have been on many occasions (especially at home). - wins this season over west ham. Stoke, WBA, palace, Southampton)

So I disagree with your premise. But you obviously think that we should be walking all over these teams every week.

Finally, there is an arrogance inherent in the constant slating of Hughtons coaching team - he is regarded I believe as an excellent training ground coach, and the bile for calderwood seems to stems rom the fact that grant holt didn''t like him. You have absolutely no way of telling the input or impact of any member of the back room staff - but are happy to make negative judgements based on no information whatsoever.

If you have better evidence to inform your views on this I apologise and look forward to hearing them[/quote]

Excellent post Killie. I''m really looking forward to a detailed, evidence based analysis of the merits of Gary Karsa v Paul Trollope.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]And should we blame the weather, the conditions and the referee for the utter dire performancs that have been taking place over the last TWO YEARS under the management of Mr Hughton and his completely inept coaching team.[/quote]Yet we come away with a point that would have been 3 if the ref had done his job and it''s a point more than a great performance against United earned us.[/quote]
Would have been 3? I like your optimism but i don''t necessarily share it. Palace looked more dangerous than us for at least 45 minutes so if you''re going to do if''s and but''s it would have to swing in their favour.
And of course it''s a point more than a performance against United - we were playing one of the worst teams in the league in terms of quality on paper and whilst their recent form is an uptrend they''d still lost 3 out of the previous 6 games.

A draw isn''t that bad at Selhurst, it''s just really irritating watching the team go through the motions against an extremely toothless Palace side.

Ref and weather etc didn''t particularly help our cause but when we scored I thought we''d go on to bag 2-3 more. Disappointing that we dropped off so badly again, as we keep doing recently.

This game showed that the manager hasn''t got a clue!

1. Takes of Wes when Snodgrass should have gone

2. Brings on a defender (Martin) for a striker (Hooper)

3. Continued to play the long-ball in the 2nd half (when he should have stopped it)

Maybe it''s not the manager who''s the only problem, maybe the board haven''t got a clue either if they remain happy with this dire situation.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-01-01 9:31 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

And should we blame the weather, the conditions and the referee for the utter dire performancs that have been taking place over the last TWO YEARS under the management of Mr Hughton and his completely inept coaching team.

Yet we come away with a point that would have been 3 if the ref had done his job and it''s a point more than a great performance against United earned us.

Oh I see, it was the refs fault now. Yes, we would have beaten the ten men of palace, just as we did those of a Hull. Ricardo, nonsense. Does your crystal ball indicate we would have one. Such a ridiculous assessment.

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]This game showed that the manager hasn''t got a clue!

1. Takes of Wes when Snodgrass should have gone

2. Brings on a defender (Martin) for a striker (Hooper)

3. Continued to play the long-ball in the 2nd half (when he should have stopped it)

Maybe it''s not the manager who''s the only problem, maybe the board haven''t got a clue either if they remain happy with this dire situation.[/quote]

That post is utter garbage.

Firstly Wes came off for Elmander because Wes was playing in the role off the front man, so it allowed a like for like change. Snodgrass provides better defensive cover on the wing and it just wasn''t the sort of conditions that Wes was going to thrive in.

Second, I think you may recall we had Fer sent off before Hooper was taken off? Did you want us to carry on with only Bradley in midfield?

Thirdly, the conditions dictated a more direct game was needed today. You didn''t want to be messing about at the back with the ball when you couldn''t be sure it would roll properly.

West Brom, swansea, sunderland, Fulham and Palace. We took 6 points from our so called easier run of fixtures. I would say that is a poor return from those fixtures.

On club cabbage on way home. Soaking wet. P''d off but accept that a point is better than nothing.

I have no confidence in his tactical knowledge. Lumping ball up front all game in strong wind and rain with wes and hoops up front

He has to go tonight. Messiah back

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City 2nd"]And should we blame the weather, the conditions and the referee for the utter dire performancs that have been taking place over the last TWO YEARS under the management of Mr Hughton and his completely inept coaching team.[/quote]Yet we come away with a point that would have been 3 if the ref had done his job and it''s a point more than a great performance against United earned us.[/quote]
Would have been 3? I like your optimism but i don''t necessarily share it. Palace looked more dangerous than us for at least 45 minutes so if you''re going to do if''s and but''s it would have to swing in their favour.
And of course it''s a point more than a performance against United - we were playing one of the worst teams in the league in terms of quality on paper and whilst their recent form is an uptrend they''d still lost 3 out of the previous 6 games.
[/quote]I didn''t think you would Hog and no doubt you are not alone. You are looking at things through a narrow window and fail to see the bigger picture. Ten games ago we had 8 points and were sitting in the bottom three. This is what the rest of the bottom half have done since then as regards points.Palace       14Stoke        13Norwich    12Villa           12Swansea    10Sunderlnd  10Hull            9Fulham       9WBA         8Crdff          6W Ham      5FFS get a bit of perspective, you might sleep better at nights.