Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

solskjaer

That is surprising. Not that he went there but when touted as a future manager here there were plenty of know it alls very quick to say how he wouldn''t be interested. Time will tell if he is any good.

Money talks!

Seriously thought he would wait for a better opportunity but who knows if he keeps them up Cardiff could really fly!

Snake

The only one manager out there i would liked to have seen managing us.But then i guess its a risk for Cardiff with him having no Premier League managerial experience.

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]So, most of the struggling teams get a new manager to lift them. Except us.[/quote]

So, most of the struggling teams panic and hope that the grass is greener under a new manager.  Except us, who have more sense.

I refute that Yellow Bird, Villa haven''t appointed a new manager yet.

I was one of those "know it alls", JF, as you put it that dismissed him as wanting to come here. I still do. A move to Cardiff, although not agreed yet but looks likely now, goes against everything he''s previously said. Whatever Tan''s men did must''ve changed his mind. As you say, though, we''ll just have to wait to see how good he is in the Prem.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 01/01/2014 2:19 PM:

Another opportunity missed.

Another option gone if and when we sack Hughton. Time will tell if it''s missed, this is a massive gamble for Cardiff, to sack a manager that has built the team and momentum, who never had them in the bottom 3 and replace him with a manager who has only managed at roughly league 1 level will be interesting to see how he does. Plenty of other highly rated ex United players have failed.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Bird"]So, most of the struggling teams get a new manager to lift them. Except us.[/quote]

So, most of the struggling teams panic and hope that the grass is greener under a new manager.  Except us, who have more sense.

[/quote]

I admit, it''s a gamble. Lets see what happens today

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]So, most of the struggling teams get a new manager to lift them. Except us.[/quote]And still most of them are struggling below us in the table.

They''re below us, but picking up points.

I''m just concerned that other teams around us will improve under a new manager, and leave us behind. Fulham got thumped last week, but have just appointed Curbishley and Wilkins at the club. Like I said, lets see what happens today.

Lose/lose situation for me for all parties....

Seems stupid for an up and coming manager to take a gamble with Tan. Even if he does a really good job, keeps them up playing decent football. You really never know what this strange owner is going to do next.

Or they go down because they aren''t very good, even if Solskjear is a good manager. Which dents his reputation some what.

Or everything goes fine for him and we take him off the possible managers list.

But seriously, surely WBA is a better job? They haven''t got anyone yet have they? And even if they have, i''m sure I read he rejected them. WHU and us could easily get rid of our managers soon. Cardiff seems like pretty much the worst job in the PL at the moment.

It was funny how I mentioned Ole on here as the best option given that Norwegian season being over and how ready he was to take the next step only to have one numbty poster keep going on about how he would never move his kids, would never consider a small club bla bla bla!!!!!!

This would have been a grear appointment for us, but alas we will have to carry on suffering with Hughton style!

Does anyone really think it''s been a good christmas for City? We have struggled to pick up points and now have to start to step it up at home, only 18 games left and we need to make to most of the next 14, picking up the 20 points needed to get that magical 40 point mark.

I don''t see much fight in our team or manager, just my view!

Made me laugh :)

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Canarychick/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C72911FB-E7F7-4FD1-9481-C552AC59E169_zps5geqmeh9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Canarychick/Mobile%20Uploads/C72911FB-E7F7-4FD1-9481-C552AC59E169_zps5geqmeh9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Yellow Bird"]Made me laugh :)

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Canarychick/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C72911FB-E7F7-4FD1-9481-C552AC59E169_zps5geqmeh9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Canarychick/Mobile%20Uploads/C72911FB-E7F7-4FD1-9481-C552AC59E169_zps5geqmeh9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Grrr how do you post a picture on here or, failing that, delete your post?!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I posted ages ago and said poyet, Mulensteen, sherwood and solakjaer.

I was told there''s nobody out there. Seems our rivals think otherwise.

Girard, tuchel, Clarke, bergkamp, guidolin or RDM.[/quote]Yeah, well I posted back in 1985 saying I thought we should take that young Mr. Ferguson off of Aberdeen...not sure whatever happened to him though. I''ll have to look him up on Wiki.

Wish I could remember who I had the run in with regarding Solskjaer! but they pretty much told me that Ole didn''t ever want to work in England/Wales as his family were settled and would only take the Man U job! Well they were right on the mark!

So they asked Olly to be there couple of hours before the game (so they don''t have to rush discussions) stuff a couple of litres of rice wine into him with the dim sum & when the game started they told olly that Cardiff played in red strip. Wow, they look good, sign here young man.

Simples