Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Will we spend this month?

Hughton doesn''t use Becchio and he could score the goals that save his job. He loaned out Fox who could have passed the ball to Becchio to score the goals that save his job. He loaned out Ayala who could have won the ball for Fox to pass the ball to Becchio to score the goals that save his job.

Would you trust him with any more money?

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]Put it this way, if Hoots starts spending.  It''ll mean he''s staying until the summer at least.[/quote] sThat is exceedingly silly mr spangle role modelIf the squad needs strengthening to stay up then I hardly think the board will hold back on bringing in players because they are looking to get rid of Hughton

The real question is who will go ?Assuming Ayala and Surnam have gone we have one space in the squad, which would maybe require Fox to move out as well. On that basis another midfield player and a good central defender should be what comes in.And they will cost money, if only in increased wages.So yes we will spend.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]Put it this way, if Hoots starts spending.  It''ll mean he''s staying until the summer at least.[/quote] sThat is exceedingly silly mr spangle role modelIf the squad needs strengthening to stay up then I hardly think the board will hold back on bringing in players because they are looking to get rid of Hughton

The real question is who will go ?Assuming Ayala and Surnam have gone we have one space in the squad, which would maybe require Fox to move out as well. On that basis another midfield player and a good central defender should be what comes in.And they will cost money, if only in increased wages.So yes we will spend.

[/quote]
Hello Cpt Mainwaring.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]Put it this way, if Hoots starts spending.  It''ll mean he''s staying until the summer at least.[/quote] sThat is exceedingly silly mr spangle role modelIf the squad needs strengthening to stay up then I hardly think the board will hold back on bringing in players because they are looking to get rid of Hughton

[/quote]
Hello Cpt Mainwaring.
[/quote]no talking in the ranks........and that goes for you as well Pt Schlong Connery

Without a doubt, a CB and CDM is needed.

Turner has only 6 months left on his current contract so I''m not sure what will be going on there, assuming he''ll be offered another one, but then you''d think that, that was more important than extending Bassongs whos wasn''t running out.

Do we have any choice? With so many out injured, with uncertainty over RVW''s goal scoring, with Leroy''s dip in form, Bassong''s wobbles, etc, we need some new blood, with skill to go with it.

Could we buy a new manager?

Reading between the lines with Hughton''s comments, it will be minimal movement in or out, I would not be suprised to see Becchio out the door and two loan players in.

I think we will end up with an experienced CB and another attacker on loan.

I don''t think the board will spend too much as they will have one eye on relegation and the impact of that and I''m not convinced that the board won''t act if Hughton doesn''t get the results needed against Newcastle & Hull.

Not getting too excited this January, no expectation and thus if we do get any high profile players in it will be a plus.

There is def money left, after all rvw came out of last years budget.

In the short term I think we need a creative centre midfielder and winger. In a nut shell out biggest concern is goals. If we ended the transfer window with that I''d be happy.

Longer term (next summer) add a cb, rb, defensive midfielder and a forward.

January is a pain in the arse!

It would be foolish to let CH spend any more lolly.

RVW being just one example.

We''ll have to do something during the transfer window.......Our current CE wants his bonus for us remaining in the Premiership....for another season.......

What is clear is that if we are going to keep CH, he should be given a bit of money to strengthen, if he can''t be trusted with a bit of January money (which it''s clear we have if needed) then he shouldn''t be in the job. Back him 100% or get rid. Keeping him on without showing 100% faith is the worst idea. I personally would rather a new guy came in or at least someone came in to help Hughton sort out our attacking play.

We seem so flat. I think defensively in all but about 3 or 4 games, we''ve been pretty good. Centre mid has been decimated and you can see it''s taken it''s toll on Fer.

Hooper has proven that strikers should be taking more responsibility to make their own chances, but it would help if we could get our creative players doing more for them.

I think if we can get the minor tweaks right in January, Fer can have a well earned week off and RVW can play well on Saturday, we''ll be fine. If we fail to get all that right, we''ll be in for a battle.

Either way, back him or sack him.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Either way, back him or sack him.[/quote]If the rumours about us contacting Guidolin have any substance to them (and possibility of it happening), then it''s the latter for me tbh...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Either way, back him or sack him.[/quote]If the rumours about us contacting Guidolin have any substance to them (and possibility of it happening), then it''s the latter for me tbh...[/quote]

I''d be inclined to agree, I don''t think Hughton''s doing as bad a job as people make out though, a 15th place finish would be acceptable for me just about but if a name like that can be brought in and he can be backed and get some decent names over, then I''d hope we twisted too.

I think the Palace game will be crucial, a chance to right the wrongs of the Fulham game.