Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

New Year's Realisations

1. Chris Hughton is a very good manager. His coaching credentials are excellent. He’s intelligent, articulate, well respected and connected within the footballing world (look at the transfers he’s pulled off – with the board), calm under pressure, doesn''t panic, doesn''t criticise individuals, doesn''t rant and rave or act spitefully by making players train on their own and most importantly he has the respect of the players and they want to play for him.

2. Replacing CH may give us a honeymoon period for a couple of games, as players impress a new broom but ultimately we won''t attract a better manger.

3. CH had a club record transfer budget but then so did most of the other teams in the premiership – we all received more TV money!

4. CH has bought in some of the best players we''ve seen in a long time – Fer, Hooper, Redmond, Bassong, RVW.

5. We are a club in transition, from a promoted championship club to an established premier league club. It will take time and it''s not going to be that pretty along the way.

6. I’m not surprised there is constant moaning about the lack of entertainment in our games but that is the reality of the premier league. CH is not a boring manager with boring tactics. The premier league is a boring league that has given rise to boring tactics. Only four or five teams can win it, the next five want to avoid the Europa league like the plague and every other team plays games (especially away form home) not to lose, in fear of relegation and bankruptcy.

7. The Palace result was a good point. They nearly beat Man City. We only had two fit central midfield players, both dead on their feet and as many injured wide players as fit ones with Snodgrass looking like a player who’s been injured and asked to play too many games too quickly. The premier league needs a winter break. Just look at how many high profile players are now injured following the recent run of games. If clubs like Liverpool are stretch for resources, how can we be expected to cope.

8. The glory years of Paul Lambert have gone. Two of those years were in the lower leagues where a club our size would be expected to be playing teams off the park. He did a great job and his first season in the premier league came on the back of promotion and the crest of a wave that was going to crash to the ground the following season. He’s hardly pulling up trees at Villa.

9. CH may be a Steady Eddy but like it or loath it, I’m afraid that’s what this club needs right now. If we make it through this season and the next in the Premier league, then we may start to see a team that goes out to play without constantly thinking about relegation.

10. For those that would prefer us to be banging in goals in the Championship or League 1, there are two other teams nearby you can go and watch. Personally I’m stuck with my team in the Premier League. I agree it’s dour and negative but it’s only going to get worse if we start sacking managers like Sunderland. Just grin and bear it and it’ll get better.

The only realisation you need for a non pantwetting life is that NCFC are not a permanent member of the Premier League. At some stage it will be back to the Chumps and then maybe up again.There are only 6 or 7 clubs who can say with any degree of certainty that they are unlikely to ever be relegation bound more than once in a hundred seasons.

And if you''re a fan of one of those 6 or 7 clubs then the premier league is arguably the best league in the world. The crying shame is that fans are expected to pay roughly the same regardless of who they support and what entertainment (or lack of) they get for their hard earned cash. on top of that, England will once again be pants at the world cup because of our wonderful premier league.

So after all the BS u spout Ricardo your not a "pant wetter" because you still have little old Norwich in your mind?

Why "WILL" we be back in the championship? Yes under hughtons current form we will be but just because we are not a "big" club doesn''t mean we won''t stay not deserve to be in this league.

What a way to support your team

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]So after all the BS u spout Ricardo your not a "pant wetter" because you still have little old Norwich in your mind?

Why "WILL" we be back in the championship? Yes under hughtons current form we will be but just because we are not a "big" club doesn''t mean we won''t stay not deserve to be in this league.

What a way to support your team[/quote]No we won''t, our season long form would have us finish on 38 points, enough to stay up in the vast majority of seasons.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]So after all the BS u spout Ricardo your not a "pant wetter" because you still have little old Norwich in your mind?

What a way to support your team[/quote]

Reality can be dealt with in two different ways, you can embrace it or choose to ignore it. I have found that embracing it leads to a happier life. It has also ensbled me to attend CR for 61 years without feeling the need to slit my wrists.

the OP is spot on and it''s pretty much how I feel about things.

The club will make very slow steps to where it needs to be... its 2 seasons of "success" that have made us greedy...had Lambert have taken us up from league 1 then kept us in the championship for 5 years we wouldn''t have the attitudes we have now.

We have the best squad we have ever had. The best players, a top coaching squad, a youth side that has won a major cup, A club that is now debt free, a board that are pro active in their approach.

take away the top 6 and tell me if there''s a single side in the division you would want to swap with?

We will be a premiership side for many years to come.

But Ricardo, surely it''s defeatist to put the hat on and say we''ll be relegated soon enough. Perhaps we can enjoy over a decade in the top flight this time with the odd cup win and/or european adventure thrown in? It''s not beyone the realms of possibility. Yes we''ll practically never win the league but there''s plenty to play for than to just accept we''re there to make up the numbers.