Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Tom Ince

Not a rumour, just a suggestion.

Considering our lack of options out wide at the moment and Ince''s versatility, perhaps he''d be a good buy. Then when the wide men return from injury, Ince could challenge for the second striker role before making it his own once Elmander goes.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Promising player indeed but I think he''s valued at 8m.

Couldn''t see us spending that amount of money on a player in January, but I''d happily be proved wrong.[/quote]

For £8m, i''d give it a go. He''s potentially worth over double that if he proves to be a good premiership player.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Promising player indeed but I think he''s valued at 8m. Couldn''t see us spending that amount of money on a player in January, but I''d happily be proved wrong.[/quote] For £8m, i''d give it a go. He''s potentially worth over double that if he proves to be a good premiership player.[/quote]

He''s worth a bit more when we''ve got injury problems.

Is he worth £8m when Benno, Pilks, Snoddie and Redmond are all fit?

I think £8m is quite a lot of money for him whatever the circumstances though, especially considering what we paid for Redmond.

Would be suprised if he cost anywhere near £8M as I believe his contract is up at the end of the year.I agree it would be a good signing though.Also wouldnt mind Aiden McGeady but it looks like hes joing Everton.

Not to mention the Murphys or indeed the possibility of Playing Olsson or Whittaker wide.

We need to throw any money we have at a quality CAM to link play and score some goals or an all round box to box midfielder to allow Fer to play further forward.

anything left more cover at CB.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]Would be suprised if he cost anywhere near £8M as I believe his contract is up at the end of the year.
I agree it would be a good signing though.
Also wouldnt mind Aiden McGeady but it looks like hes joing Everton.
[/quote]

I''d also love to see McGeady come in if Norwich do pursue another wide option. The link with him to Everton was very much while Moyes was manager, I wonder if Martinez is as interested considering his use as Baines and Colman as wingbacks.

Not sure what the deal is with Ince, was strange he turned down a move in the summer but think it is very likely he''ll go somewhere this January and for probably less than the £8m Cardiff were willing to pay (a crazy amount for an unproven winger).

He is the kind of player I would to see Norwich linked with and I think he would be a good signing. I also think he could do a good job in a CAM position - in fact it may end up being his preferred position. The quoted 8 million is pretty steep, but I guess will just have to wait and see. I don''t think he will stick with blackpool for much longer.

The McGeady deal to Everton seems all but done, 1-10 on that one now, but we''ve seen it before when it all turns out to be rubbish! Interesting point about inces contract. I think we''d still have to pay £5-6m though, as there''d be a battle for his signature.