Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

You've built that time machine in your shed...

Now you can bring any one City player from the past to sign up this January, to ''help out''.
We''ve had some fine players, but who''d make the biggest impact on today''s team in your opinion?

Ooh interesting.
Cant choose between a fit dean ashton, eadie or hux.
Or maybe iwan.
Or crooky.
Probably crook.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the best player we ever had (albeit Briefly) Dean Ashton.[/quote]

I''d be inclined to agree but i think we need Crooky more. I''d also say Sutton was potentially greater at his peak.

It would have to be Hucks for me, mainly because he can play on the wings giving our current ones a break and he can also play behind a striker or up top along side one. However I would go back and get him before he came to Norwich, probably around the time he was at Coventry playing along side Dion.

Ron Davies - 1963-1965 at NCFC scored 58 goals in 113 appearances. Was a really good all round striker, brilliant in the air and lethal finisher.

We need someone that is capable of scoring and more importantly, that can feed our strikers. So an Eadie or Hucks.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]We miss leadership and hunger. Holt gets my vote.[/quote]

Which one?

[/quote]Gary for the leadership, Grant for the hunger [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]We miss leadership and hunger. Holt gets my vote.[/quote]

Which one?

[/quote]
Gary for the leadership, Grant for the hunger [:D]
[/quote]

Should be Gary Holt for the hunger.......he was a Chef in the British Army.....Grant for the leadership, he''d be first in the queue for second helpings.....

Ones to give a wide berth too! Elvis Hammond, Andy Hughes & the Doc to name three.

Ruel Fox - at his best.   One of the main reasons why we were so good in attack in the early nineties.Come to think of it, most of that team would give the present team a run for their money.  Bowen.  Culverhouse.   Sutton.  Fox.  Gunn.   Butterworth. Crooks. Phillips. Robins.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ruel Fox - at his best.   One of the main reasons why we were so good in attack in the early nineties.

Come to think of it, most of that team would give the present team a run for their money.  Bowen.  Culverhouse.   Sutton.  Fox.  Gunn.   Butterworth. Crooks. Phillips. Robins.  

[/quote]

I would swap this current starting 11 with that one LDC! Don''t forget a yong Eaddie, Cureton & Polsten to boot!

[quote user="Indy"]Ones to give a wide berth too! Elvis Hammond, Andy Hughes & the Doc to name three.[/quote]Noooo!!! There''s only one Ginger Pele. I''d love to see him back (on the pitch, not the one on this board - so actually there are two...) if only for the song.

Am I the only one who would pick Bellamy? Maybe not so much in his boyish youthful years with us, but when he had a mans physique and was banging them in regularly. Quick, talented and passionate. Capable of playing off a big striker on the shoulder, but also able to link the midfield to the attack or even (though I dont favour it) on the wing. Bellamy at his peak would be my choice to solve the current problems. Though I really think Deano would have become the next Alan Shearer, no point having him on the pitch if you cant get the ball to him

A decent center midfield - Chippy or a motivated Martin O''Neil.

[quote user="ricardo"]We would only need Martin Peters, that would be more than enough.
[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ruel Fox - at his best.   One of the main reasons why we were so good in attack in the early nineties.

Come to think of it, most of that team would give the present team a run for their money.  Bowen.  Culverhouse.   Sutton.  Fox.  Gunn.   Butterworth. Crooks. Phillips. Robins.  

[/quote]

I would swap this current starting 11 with that one LDC! Don''t forget a yong Eaddie, Cureton & Polsten to boot!

[/quote]

Cureton. FFS....give me strength.

How did he squeeze a mention on this thread...wouldn''t be in the top 100.