Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so which side would you swap with?

lets look at what we have:

- a debt free club

- a proactive and right minded Cheif exec and chairman

- a youth side which is pulling up trees and winning major tournaments.

- top quality coaches (and I include the first team with this)

- the best squad we have ever had with - an England International Goalkeeper, one of the best English Strikers in the land, a wealth of interntantional talent and being linked with others...

so, apart from the top 6, which premier league side would you swap with? Stoke? Sunderland? Aston Villa perhaps?

and yet the fans find cause to moan...

Good point JTBK. Maybe Swansea or Southampton other than them no, and to be honest i''m happy enough that we are who we are. There is something very satisfying about punching above your weight (when we do). Anyone who thought this season was gonna be easy cos of the money we''ve spent is a mug.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]You really should stop sniffing glue.[/quote]

so I take it by this response you are unhappy with where the club are at the moment and see no future for us? who will you lend your support to?

When was the last time we punched anything ? let alone our weight ?

Nobody thought it would be easy but we hoped we would have some satisfying days winning a few games with a flourish rather than 3rd lowest goals scored second highest goals conceded.

Livin the dream.

Clubs like Hull, Cardiff and Southampton irk me a bit in that they got a magic silver bullet (foreign owner) to get them here after getting away with years of badly run clubs. Southampton to a lesser extent as they were unlucky to have to lose so much home grown talent on the cheap.

The side i admire the most and the side that have stolen our thunder has to be Swansea. Wigan and Bolton have recently had seasons in the top half though, so we''ll see if Swansea can be consistent or if they are simply enjoying their day in the sun. They are the only ones of that bottom 11 i''d swap with though.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Good point JTBK. Maybe Swansea or Southampton other than them no, and to be honest i''m happy enough that we are who we are. There is something very satisfying about punching above your weight (when we do). Anyone who thought this season was gonna be easy cos of the money we''ve spent is a mug.[/quote]

was interesting to see how long it would take for someone to mention Swansea or Southampton... Swansea are media "darlings" and no bigger club than us, they have a similar sqwuad in terms of ability, I wouldnt swap with them.

Southampton maybe have a better youth set up, evidence by players they have bought through in the last few years. but again, would you take any of their players ahead of our first teamers? perhaps not many... but once again, why would we swap with a club of similar size to get what we already have?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]You really should stop sniffing glue.[/quote]
You really should stop taking every oppourtunity to deride the club you allegedly support.
But I dont suppose you will.

Considering that all the criticism has been directed towards the first team coaching staff, and none at the other areas of the club you mention, a better question might be "which team''s coaching staff would you swap with?", but then you wouldn''t get the answer you want would you?

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Considering that all the criticism has been directed towards the first team coaching staff, and none at the other areas of the club you mention, a better question might be "which team''s coaching staff would you swap with?", but then you wouldn''t get the answer you want would you?
[/quote]

read other threads... McNally and the board are often derided by a few on here.

Morty I refer you to my earlier comment

3rd lowest goals scored second highest goals conceded.

If many more people champion this level of mediocrity we should consider changing the clubs name to Stepford City.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Morty I refer you to my earlier comment

3rd lowest goals scored second highest goals conceded.

If many more people champion this level of mediocrity we should consider changing the clubs name to Stepford City.[/quote]
Jeez, you really whinge to an olympic standard, don''t you?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Morty I refer you to my earlier comment 3rd lowest goals scored second highest goals conceded. If many more people champion this level of mediocrity we should consider changing the clubs name to Stepford City.[/quote]

all fair points but thats the here and now, the future of the club is healthy, as has been mentioned elsewhere 2 or 3 new faces this window and we could be fairing much better. I would wager in the next 3-5 years neither Southampton or Swansea will have progressed as we will do.

Theres a reason we are nearly always last on Match of the Day and that is because we are as boring as hell and pretty useless .Manager and coaching staff i would swap ours for any other in the top flight as i dont think there are any as bad as terrified Chrissy and his coaches.

Love your positivity Jas (although it does make me even more sure you''ve been at the wacky baccy) what on earth makes you think we can out perform Swansea and Saints ?

I''m happy with a gradual progression for a long term goal but we seem to have signed better players and be performing worse, I cant see it as progress.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Love your positivity Jas (although it does make me even more sure you''ve been at the wacky baccy) what on earth makes you think we can out perform Swansea and Saints ? I''m happy with a gradual progression for a long term goal but we seem to have signed better players and be performing worse, I cant see it as progress.[/quote]

You make a good point - we''ve got better or at least as good players and are performing worse - but otherwise, our club is every bit as healthy as Swansea and Saints and also benefits from not having someone like Cortese at the helm who i guarantee will do stupid things when life isn''t a bed of roses like it currently is for them. It''s easy to run a football club when you''re winning. Owners and CEOs really earn their money (or not)when life isn''t as rosy on the pitch.

We also have the lowest wages to turnover ratio in the league (or at least we did in 2011/12 season) which is a big deal and is largely down to DM. It means we have headroom to improve the squad further. So i''m hopeful we can turn it around because we have everything in place of the pitch and while we''re not great on the pitch, we''re not cut adrift at the bottom so it''s really important we keep our heads, secure our status this year, and for me, make a managerial change in April/May.

Great data on turnover/wages/debts etc here:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

[quote user="morty"]In answer to the op, I wouldnt swap with anyone.[/quote]

THIS ^^^^^^^[Y]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Love your positivity Jas (although it does make me even more sure you''ve been at the wacky baccy) what on earth makes you think we can out perform Swansea and Saints ?

I''m happy with a gradual progression for a long term goal but we seem to have signed better players and be performing worse, I cant see it as progress.[/quote]Do you mean the two clubs who have each won 1 more game than NCFC over the last season and a half?Wins this season and lastSouthampton    16Swansea           16Norwich           15

all fair points but thats the here and now, the future of the club is healthy, as has been mentioned elsewhere 2 or 3 new faces this window and we could be fairing much better. .

This sounds like the summer again how many players does Hughton have to buy and us still be playing utter dross for you to admit its junk. By the process of elimination the only constant in our poor performance levels has been CH therefore. deductive reasoning should then tell you he is the problem. The writing is on the wall for him its when not if now. He has survived too many job on the line games already this season.

would love to know the number of times each of them has been last on motd due to being involved in the dullest game of the day ?

I make no secret over the fact that I will take entertainment over results any time, even if that did get us relegated, i''ll take the results just need something to make me look forward to visiting carrow road every now and again (not every week)

I am truly in awe of those that still travel to away games knowing what they are going to get although we do seem to have an awful lot of easily pleased fans.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]would love to know the number of times each of them has been last on motd due to being involved in the dullest game of the day ? I make no secret over the fact that I will take entertainment over results any time, even if that did get us relegated, i''ll take the results just need something to make me look forward to visiting carrow road every now and again (not every week) I am truly in awe of those that still travel to away games knowing what they are going to get although we do seem to have an awful lot of easily pleased fans.[/quote]

What is really starting to amaze me, is that now we are fast becoming the new Stoke of the Premier League (save for the fact that the arcitecht of the old Stoke is back in a job!), and seem unable to tolerate dull football for more than a single season, is how on earth Stoke managed to put up with it for 8 years!!! 

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]would love to know the number of times each of them has been last on motd due to being involved in the dullest game of the day ?

I make no secret over the fact that I will take entertainment over results any time, even if that did get us relegated, i''ll take the results just need something to make me look forward to visiting carrow road every now and again (not every week)

I am truly in awe of those that still travel to away games knowing what they are going to get although we do seem to have an awful lot of easily pleased fans.
[/quote]

Its not about being easily pleased, its about supporting the club and trying to appreciate how it is trying to find a way forward, despite injuries, new players and perhaps most important - opposing teams (most of whom have spent a lot too).  Oh, and away games aren''t always so bad - Stoke, WBA, Sunderland, to name three this season. Overall, points from four away matches out of ten.  

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]would love to know the number of times each of them has been last on motd due to being involved in the dullest game of the day ?

I am truly in awe of those that still travel to away games knowing what they are going to get although we do seem to have an awful lot of easily pleased fans.[/quote]

Go on "glory boy glovey" attack the fans now. [:|]

I am truly in awe of those that still travel to away games knowing what they are going to get although we do seem to have an awful lot of easily pleased fans.[/quote]You don''t like being bored at the football, yet the monotony of your posts on here says something about your personality.

swap as a club? maybe bayern or arsenal? but we are in a position to continue to grow but we only do that by being on the prem.

we are well on track to do that, having go so far with a raft of injuries to first team starters, that looks to be coming to an end but confidence will need repairing first.

We can invest again in the summer (probably some this winter too) and close again the gap with those teams who have spent, either over time or in one job lot; we are progressing in a sustainable manner.

This years football remains better than last years even mor shocking fare. Onwards and upwards

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]swap as a club? maybe bayern or arsenal? but we are in a position to continue to grow but we only do that by being on the prem. we are well on track to do that, having go so far with a raft of injuries to first team starters, that looks to be coming to an end but confidence will need repairing first. We can invest again in the summer (probably some this winter too) and close again the gap with those teams who have spent, either over time or in one job lot; we are progressing in a sustainable manner. This years football remains better than last years even mor shocking fare. Onwards and upwards[/quote]

Not sure about that Zipper - depends what you saw last season and this i guess. I didn''t see much last year but what i did see i was fortunate to catch during our unbeaten run in the run up to Christmas and some of our football then was excellent. I thought we were excellent against Wigan at home for instance (but for a brief spell in the middle fo the game), then of course there was Swansea away and the games at the end of last season.

There''s no doubt we disappeared in to our shells after Christmas last year and started playing to not be beaten which was dire to watch and i can''t say we''ve changed much from that situation to where we are now. We need to get our confidence back and every time it looks as if it might be starting to come back (West Ham, West Brom) we follow it up with something awful.

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Love your positivity Jas (although it does make me even more sure you''ve been at the wacky baccy) what on earth makes you think we can out perform Swansea and Saints ? I''m happy with a gradual progression for a long term goal but we seem to have signed better players and be performing worse, I cant see it as progress.[/quote]

You make a good point - we''ve got better or at least as good players and are performing worse - but otherwise, our club is every bit as healthy as Swansea and Saints and also benefits from not having someone like Cortese at the helm who i guarantee will do stupid things when life isn''t a bed of roses like it currently is for them. It''s easy to run a football club when you''re winning. Owners and CEOs really earn their money (or not)when life isn''t as rosy on the pitch.

We also have the lowest wages to turnover ratio in the league (or at least we did in 2011/12 season) which is a big deal and is largely down to DM. It means we have headroom to improve the squad further. So i''m hopeful we can turn it around because we have everything in place of the pitch and while we''re not great on the pitch, we''re not cut adrift at the bottom so it''s really important we keep our heads, secure our status this year, and for me, make a managerial change in April/May.

Great data on turnover/wages/debts etc here:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

[/quote]

Name one stupid thing Cortese has ever done at Southampton - just one.

In terms of structure Southampton is one of the best run clubs in the country at the moment, their excellent youth academy and rapid progress over the past 3/4 seasons goes to prove that.