Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

I Would Like Some Of The Following;-

1. Younes Kaboul - We are desparately in need of another centre-back of genuine quality. Yes we have Turner, Bassong and Bennett but unfortunately we never look assured of keeping a clean sheet. The back-four is simply not of Top 10 material which we need to be heading for. Currently out of favour and would make a formidable partnership with Bassong
  2. Kyle Naughton - Right-back again we lack quality to move on and he is out of favour, young and someone who will only get better and better.
  3. Nikica Jelavic - Out of favour at Everton and wants a move. Would be ideal foil for Hooper or RVW, we cannot rely on Elmander for the whole season and I dont think in an ideal world he would be a regular starter
  4. Wilfried Zaha - Again not being used by Manchester United and can play up front or in midfield. Has ability and could thrive as a big fish in a small pond. Obviously only on loan

[quote user="RuelFox"]
  1. Younes Kaboul - We are desparately in need of another centre-back of genuine quality. Yes we have Turner, Bassong and Bennett but unfortunately we never look assured of keeping a clean sheet. The back-four is simply not of Top 10 material which we need to be heading for. Currently out of favour and would make a formidable partnership with Bassong
  2. Kyle Naughton - Right-back again we lack quality to move on and he is out of favour, young and someone who will only get better and better.
  3. Nikica Jelavic - Out of favour at Everton and wants a move. Would be ideal foil for Hooper or RVW, we cannot rely on Elmander for the whole season and I dont think in an ideal world he would be a regular starter
  4. Wilfried Zaha - Again not being used by Manchester United and can play up front or in midfield. Has ability and could thrive as a big fish in a small pond. Obviously only on loan

[/quote]

We''re currently equal 8th in the league for clean sheets with 6.

I''m not disagreeing with your overall point. We do need a centre-half. I''m just getting a little annoying with some of the throw-away lines setting the mood on here without any thought or research. It''s constantly painting us as being worse than we are.

In regards to your suggestions;

1) He hasn''t been playing because he has been injured. Even if he was out of favour, that might change with the new management anyway. I don''t think he''s going anywhere.

2) I''d love to see him back. Not sure how likely though. He has been getting some games, and not sure how much Spurs will be looking to spend on a replacement in Jan, given their spending spree in the summer.

3) Not sure about this one. Has hardly been prolific since his first year at Everton. Would add depth, but I query if he''s better than what we have.

4) Not a bad shout. But with Pilks & Benno due back soon from injury, I''d argue there are other areas of the pitch as a priority.

1) Kaboul is first choice cover for Spurs, and may even push Dawson back out before the end of the season, so I don''t expect him to go anywhere unless Sherwood makes it clear he doesn''t want him (doubtful).2) I actually think that Spurs would be willing to do a deal here, he''s only feature in six games so far this season, and that was purely to cover injuries/suspensions IIRC, the stumbling block could well be price, but I think that around 4-5 million would get him this time.3) Not even vaguely interested tbh, had a hot spell when he signed for Everton, and has looked distinctly average ever since, we can do better with the money it would cost to sign him tbh.4) No chance of even getting him on loan because there are either bigger clubs interested or still the option for him to return to Palace as well. Would absolutely be a great loan addition, but I simply can''t see it happening.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]First thing to consider is would any of them be willing to take a pay cut to join Norwich ? [/quote]

I think only Kaboul would have to (or Spurs would have to pay some of his wage), and i''m not keen on Jelavic. Zaha won''t be on stacks and neither will Naughton.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Kaboul is injured.[/quote]

Yet again... He''s back in training and ready to return to football in the next couple of weeks... Well worth the gamble of a loan.

Would love Kaboul and Naughton. Wouldn''t want Zaha or Jelavic as I think there is better out there that are available.