Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

are fulham "top class opposition"

[quote user="iron_stan"]?[/quote]
It''s a question of scale and context.
Drawing another Prem team in the cup, then yes.
Is Fulham a top class team within the Prem, then no.

They have Berbatov, so yes. He''s a £30m player and the second best player in Bulgarian history ever. That''s not bad going. The rest of the team is alright but most players have seen better days (Berba included).

i think everyone knows the answer, man city, chelsea, arsenal = top class opposition. Fulham - they just arentwhilst im aware of using mind games, flattering your opponents, and not winding them up or doing their managers team talk on his behalf, it all becomes a bit pointless when you say the same thing every pre match press conferencein fact on one hand its disrespectful to the teams who are top class, and a bit patronising, im pretty sure even fulham know they arent top classhalf the reason he does it is so when we dont win he can turn round and say ''i told you they were a good side''just be honest for once and tell it like it ishes boring and predictable, just like his tactics

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]They have Berbatov, so yes. He''s a £30m player and the second best player in Bulgarian history ever. That''s not bad going. The rest of the team is alright but most players have seen better days (Berba included).[/quote]he hasnt been anything resembling ''top class'' since about 4 seasons ago and he sure as hell isnt a bale/ronaldo/messi type player capable of determining a result, no where near it

I can''t agree with you there im afraid Jimmy. Thats like saying LA Galaxy were top class opposition because they had David Beckham, a £25m player. He was once that type of player but not at his current club. Berbatov is being linked with a £2M move to Arsenal, way off currently being a £30M player.

Just hope they put out the same level of incompetence against us tomorrow as they fielded at Hull.Would that they had done the same thing a week earlier in the league as we would now be three points better off!

"Fulham are top class opposition" - devaluing our club again and bigging up the opposition. Hughton out!

"Fulham are shite and have all the ability and tactical nous of a dry roasted peanut" - not showing enough awareness or respect of opposition. Another symptom of his tactical inadequacies. Hughton out!

"Fulham are a football team participating in the Barclays Premier League. They''re based in Southwest London" - Stating the obvious. Hughton out!

How about:"Fulham seem to be a team in transition who undoubtedly have the ability to give many sides a tough match but whom we feel we can potentially have the edge over in the forthcoming fixture".It''s giving Fulham a bit of credit whilst still saying that we think we can get a result from the match.Neither side is insulted, our players are happy with the manager''s faith in them, Fulham will likely want to prove us wrong, and the end result should be a good game of football.And after all that - Hughton out [:D]

They have enough to beat us if we have our present player availability and play as we did against them before.

On the other hand I think that the bottom six are about the real league position, and I suspect that they may avoid relegation.

Haha! I agree, it would be better if he said that, but have you heard Hughton talk? He''s not exactly a great orator. I''m sure he''d like to say something along those lines, but without a script I guess he just has to throw out the usual footballing clichés and standard gumph.

I really don''t know why people get so worked up about anything managers say in pre/post match interviews. It''s usually just a copy and paste job from match to match.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]I can''t agree with you there im afraid Jimmy. Thats like saying LA Galaxy were top class opposition because they had David Beckham, a £25m player. He was once that type of player but not at his current club. Berbatov is being linked with a £2M move to Arsenal, way off currently being a £30M player.[/quote]

Not saying he''s at Messi level or even near, but the fact he''s being touted with a move to Arsenal states his real pedigree. Don''t read into the fee too much, as that''s because he''s 32 and has no resale fee, he''s also probably on massive wages and out of contract in summer, both bring the transfer fee down. On his day, he can change any game, he''s just usually lazy.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]"Fulham are top class opposition" - devaluing our club again and bigging up the opposition. Hughton out!

"Fulham are shite and have all the ability and tactical nous of a dry roasted peanut" - not showing enough awareness or respect of opposition. Another symptom of his tactical inadequacies. Hughton out!

"Fulham are a football team participating in the Barclays Premier League. They''re based in Southwest London" - Stating the obvious. Hughton out![/quote]how about, ''fulham played quite well against us recently but we should have been much better, we intend to put that right on saturday, we feel we have the better team and are capable of progressing to the next round''yknowsomething positive about his own squad for a changethen he can add''if we lose, i will do the honorable thing, admit its not working and will resign......''

"Fulham have some good players, more importantly they have a foreign manager who is brilliant and a tactical genius, the kind of guy that Norwich fans are really hankering after, just look at the changes he made to a winning team after they beat us, you wouldn''t find a plan like that on an iPad."

"Of course, I''m grossly incompetent as displayed by the proximity of Fulham to us in the league table. We are spectacularly underperforming and normally Fulham would be regarded as cannon-fodder as they are like a veterans team found plying their trade on recreation ground pitches in Sprowston."

"Because of me, every team we play against are top-class because I always set up to draw, a feat I very nearly achieved last season against Luton."

"Given how crap I am and how crap my team apparently is, Fulham should probably be regarded as akin to 1970s Brazil and I hope Rene doesn''t feel I''m being disrespectful for merely pointing out that they are an established top-flight side."

"Thanks guys."