Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Whatever happened to our wonderful family club ?

Now I am not posting this as another stick to beat Chris Hughton with, he is doing very well himself disappointing us with the teams performance.

Do you remember the good old days when we had a chief executive available and willing to listen to the concerns of the fans ?

When the whole club seemed to be pulling in the same direction ?

That''s very easy to achieve when things are going your way especially as they have over the last 5 years.

But apparently when the going gets tough the tough get going. Quite where they go is open to debate but the silence has been deafening from Carrow Road this year and that is really disappointing.

We didn''t even get the dreaded vote of confidence to feed on and I a starting to wonder if the 4 wise monkeys (see no evil , speak no evil , hear no evil and do no evil) Delia MWJ Bowkett and Mcnally have there collective heads in the sand.

Even the non statements from the AGM sounded like "Iceberg what Iceberg ?" from the captain of the Titanic.

I would appreciate some kind of statement even if I didn''t agree with it and was clear that they were 100% behind the manager.

Are you seriously saying you would like to have someone like Doncaster back? Always willing to reply to your email while the club swerved around aimlessly?

The whole club didn''t seem to be ''pulling in the same direction then''.

McNally and Bowkett made their positions very clear at the AGM - constant ''we''re behind Hughton'' would be more worrying than being quiet and letting the man do his job.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Now I am not posting this as another stick to beat Chris Hughton with, he is doing very well himself disappointing us with the teams performance.

Do you remember the good old days when we had a chief executive available and willing to listen to the concerns of the fans ?

That''s very easy to achieve when things are going your way especially as they have over the last 5 years.

But apparently when the going gets tough the tough get going. Quite where they go is open to debate but the silence has been deafening from Carrow Road this year and that is really disappointing.

We didn''t even get the dreaded vote of confidence to feed on and I a starting to wonder if the 4 wise monkeys (see no evil , speak no evil , hear no evil and do no evil) Delia MWJ Bowkett and Mcnally have there collective heads in the sand.

Even the non statements from the AGM sounded like "Iceberg what Iceberg ?" from the captain of the Titanic.

I would appreciate some kind of statement even if I didn''t agree with it and was clear that they were 100% behind the manager.[/quote]

There is simply nothing to be said.  They are the employers.  Hughton is their employee and at the moment is still manager.   We are still on course for success this season if things take the slight upturn they need, with players returning from injury.   What is there to be said?  

That some fans don''t seem to appreciate what Hughton is trying to achieve is obvious, but it is not as bad as some are making out.  We all want to see improvements - but a lot of the things Hughton gets accused of are untrue and are more down to rumour and guesswork than anything else.   His substitution record is one that always is brought up - but that has been disproven, the average time for subs is around the 70 minute mark.  Tactics are questioned, or supposed lack of them, but that has been disproved by several of the more knowledgeable posters on here too (not me, I am no expert).  So we are still the same family club, except that people have a downer on Hughton and have since he arrived.  That can change.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Now I am not posting this as another stick to beat Chris Hughton with, he is doing very well himself disappointing us with the teams performance.

I would appreciate some kind of statement even if I didn''t agree with it and was clear that they were 100% behind the manager.[/quote]Are you really that fragile that you need the board to put an arm around you and tell you everything is going to be alright?There is silence, because there is nothing to say. Chris Hughton is our manager, and last time I looked, we haven''t been relegated yet.

Our wonderful family club is still there, if you attend games or live in te area you''ll know - there''s a lot laid on for supporters for example, and a hell of a lot more is done generally than in the (supposed good) old days But it is also a multi-million business, and clearly needs to consider financial implications as well.

The direction we "pulled in" under the open and accountable board was a direction that took us to Oldham, Yeovil and Leyton orient.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]The direction we "pulled in" under the open and accountable board was a direction that took us to Oldham, Yeovil and Leyton orient.[/quote]KAPOW!

I am not suggesting I would have Doncaster back I am just asking if what we actually have is significantly better or just luckier.

Whilst I am a shareholder I did not attend the AGM and do not recall any statement from the board with regard to being behind Hughton, just glib statements of crisis what crisis, things are 100% on track.

Indeed whilst there has been continual speculation over the position of the manager in the press over the last couple of months the board have done nothing to present a united front with the fans and management by acknowledging the difficulties and frustrations of the results and expressing confidence that Hughton will be able to improve our fortunes.

Maybe I am he misguided one but I cannot remember a canaries board in my lifetime being so silent.

Originally when there was no vote of confidence in Hughton it was seen in some quarters that they had already thrown him under the bus to sink or swim. After the AGM it just seems they do not deem the supporters worthy of any comment as everything is going according to some master plan we are not privy to.

I am sorry if it is some kind of heresy to suggest this but I would like some form of communication from the club even if I don''t agree with it.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Are you seriously saying you would like to have someone like Doncaster back? Always willing to reply to your email while the club swerved around aimlessly?

McNally and Bowkett made their positions very clear at the AGM - constant ''we''re behind Hughton'' would be more worrying than being quiet and letting the man do his job.

[/quote]
He didn''t say he wanted Doomcaster.  He said he''d like to have a CE like Doomcaster,  that communicated more with the fans.  
At the very least it felt like the fans were part of the club,  rather than a number on a  business computer.

Morty Said

''Are you really that fragile that you need the board to put an arm around you and tell you everything is going to be alright?

There is silence, because there is nothing to say. Chris Hughton is our manager, and last time I looked, we haven''t been relegated yet''

I think some of us would prefer action that would prevent us from being relegated! It feels like we may well be sleepwalking into the Championship

[quote user="Alfie54"]Morty Said

''Are you really that fragile that you need the board to put an arm around you and tell you everything is going to be alright?

There is silence, because there is nothing to say. Chris Hughton is our manager, and last time I looked, we haven''t been relegated yet''

I think some of us would prefer action that would prevent us from being relegated! It feels like we may well be sleepwalking into the Championship[/quote]And changing the manager would guarantee this?No it wouldn''t.Man up, for goodness sake.

[quote user="Alfie54"]Morty Said

I think some of us would prefer action that would prevent us from being relegated! It feels like we may well be sleepwalking into the Championship
[/quote]To some of us it feels as if some of the fans are sleepwalking full stop. We are three points off mid table as well as three points off relegation zone.  Its everything to play for!

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 2014-01-02 4:18 PM:

Oh, McNally and Bowkett made their decision clear did they, and were singing from the same hymn sheet. I recall ''Mid table mediocrity'' and ''I expect improvement on last season'' - yep, certainly ''pulling in the same direction then''!

LDC WROTE:

There is simply nothing to be said. They are the employers. Hughton is their employee and at the moment is still manager. We are still on course for success this season if things take the slight upturn they need, with players returning from injury. What is there to be said?

And what exactly is the SUCCESS you refer too?

[quote user="City 2nd"]LDC WROTE:

There is simply nothing to be said. They are the employers. Hughton is their employee and at the moment is still manager. We are still on course for success this season if things take the slight upturn they need, with players returning from injury. What is there to be said?

And what exactly is the SUCCESS you refer too?[/quote]
Staying aboard the gravy train in the very least 4th bottom.[:)]

I think it''s entirely possible that the Board haven''t let themselves get whipped up into a frenzy of outlandish expectation following the spending of a few quid in the summer and that they consider our position of lower mid-table as being acceptable if not exceptional.

Of course if we looked in serious danger of going down, I''d expect their position to change accordingly.

This is not a thread about Hughton his success or failure.

This is the fact that the board have left a void by neither acknowledging the gripes of those unhappy with performances nor publicly backing the manager in the light of such disappointment.

Refusing to acknowledge peoples gripes is not the same, this has not served anybody well with the managers position being questioned by supporters and the media regularly this has probably contributed to the situation we currently find ourselves in with regard to the battle lines drawn over the "Inners" and "Outers"

Once again this thread is not about Chris Hughton but about the PR or lack of it from the Board of NCFC.

Oh how I dream of Delia back on the pitch and screaming "lets be having you" at half time.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 2014-01-02 4:18 PM:

Oh, McNally and Bowkett made their decision clear did they, and were singing from the same hymn sheet. I recall ''Mid table mediocrity'' and ''I expect improvement on last season'' - yep, certainly ''pulling in the same direction then''![/quote]Eh? Targetting a mid-table place and improving on 11th place from last season are the same aren''t they?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I think it''s entirely possible that the Board haven''t let themselves get whipped up into a frenzy of outlandish expectation following the spending of a few quid in the summer and that they consider our position of lower mid-table as being acceptable if not exceptional.

Of course if we looked in serious danger of going down, I''d expect their position to change accordingly.

[/quote]In essence, what we are saying is that the board have dry pants.Which I''m glad about.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Oh how I dream of Delia back on the pitch and screaming "lets be having you" at half time.[/quote]Yes, that worked so well last time didn''t it.[;)]

For the owners if the business to comment would be to acknowledge your view that there is a problem as a reference point.

This kind of passive aggressive "why won''t you respond to my direct question?" must be ignored because even to deny it is to it as a frame of reference and therefore enter "debate" on pre-conceived terms that suit only the accuser.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]In essence, what we are saying is that the board have dry pants.Which I''m glad about.[/quote]

Perhaps Morty but I would suggest a subtle change. They may well have dry pants but they don''t give a toss about anyone that doesn''t.

Morty rote

And changing the manager would guarantee this?

No it wouldn''t.

Man up, for goodness sake.

I don''t see that keeping Houghton is any more of a guarantee of us staying up!

What on earth does ''man up'' mean? sit on your hands and take no action? difficult decisions need to be made and my concern is that nothing will happen and we will be relegated.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

[/quote]In essence, what we are saying is that the board have dry pants.Which I''m glad about.[/quote]

Perhaps Morty but I would suggest a subtle change. They may well have dry pants but they don''t give a toss about anyone that doesn''t.[/quote]And you know they don''t give a toss, do you? Or is that just opinion?Because lets separate your opinion from actual facts here.This is the most successful board we have ever had at Norwich City, theres a fact for you.

[quote user="Alfie54"]Morty rote

And changing the manager would guarantee this?

No it wouldn''t.

Man up, for goodness sake.

I don''t see that keeping Houghton is any more of a guarantee of us staying up!

What on earth does ''man up'' mean? sit on your hands and take no action? difficult decisions need to be made and my concern is that nothing will happen and we will be relegated.[/quote]Man up means look at the table, look at how many teams there are in a much worse position than us. Did you go to the game yesterday? That was a battling point against a relegation rival that would very much have wanted all 3 points off us.Wake up to the reality that the Lambert rollercoaster was always going to end one day and the best we can hope for is staying in this division, with maybe the odd cup run to cheer us along.I swear some of you people have been reading Roy of the Rovers too much.

[quote user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]For the owners if the business to comment would be to acknowledge your view that there is a problem as a reference point.

This kind of passive aggressive "why won''t you respond to my direct question?" must be ignored because even to deny it is to it as a frame of reference and therefore enter "debate" on pre-conceived terms that suit only the accuser./quote]

Not at all, If the Board truly thinks there is no problem and we are exactly where we wish to be coming out and saying so would strengthen the managers position and potentially reduce the level of fear that seems to be transferring onto the players on the pitch.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"][quote user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]For the owners if the business to comment would be to acknowledge your view that there is a problem as a reference point.

This kind of passive aggressive "why won''t you respond to my direct question?" must be ignored because even to deny it is to it as a frame of reference and therefore enter "debate" on pre-conceived terms that suit only the accuser./quote]

Not at all, If the Board truly thinks there is no problem and we are exactly where we wish to be coming out and saying so would strengthen the managers position and potentially reduce the level of fear that seems to be transferring onto the players on the pitch.[/quote]If there is no problem, then theres nothing to say.What do you want them to say? "Chris Hughton is a bit bobbins, but we''ll stick with him for now?"Its only flappy panickers that perceive the manager is in a difficult position.

Morty firstly this thread was about the lack of communication from the board rather than the success or failure of the team or management.

Secondly your use of "much worse" we managed to hang on by our finger tips in a game where the team we were playing were in the relegation zone and would have overtaken us in the league. Worse yes but much worse ??

We failed to beat 3 of the 5 teams below us over Christmas where exactly are the wins coming from ?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Morty firstly this thread was about the lack of communication from the board rather than the success or failure of the team or management.

Secondly your use of "much worse" we managed to hang on by our finger tips in a game where the team we were playing were in the relegation zone and would have overtaken us in the league. Worse yes but much worse ??

We failed to beat 3 of the 5 teams below us over Christmas where exactly are the wins coming from ?[/quote]So because you have a few shares, you think you have the right to be informed about things?I suspect every time we get a result it was "luck" or "hanging on by our fingertips" in your opinion.Nothing I can say will make you stop flapping, so just crack on with your pit of misery[Y]

I wish I had someone that ''lucky'' running my business ,and turning it round from near bankruptcy to a debt free environment in such a short space of time.

Also, how do the board know there is ill feeling? Have there been any protests/communications between fans and themselves?