Sign in to follow this  
NWC

The best time to change a manager

If the board were to change the manager this would be the best time, with the weekend off from the league, and the transfer window open. If doesn''t go with the next 48 hours, I would expect to see CH here for the remainder of the season. Changing the manager at any other time apart from now does not make enough sense.

when ever the player''s stop playing for him and he has lost the fan''s. never a good time month''s wise

[quote user="NWC"]If the board were to change the manager this would be the best time, with the weekend off from the league, and the transfer window open. If doesn''t go with the next 48 hours, I would expect to see CH here for the remainder of the season. Changing the manager at any other time apart from now does not make enough sense.[/quote]There is NO chance of him going in the next 48 hrs but I expect there are still a deluded few who are waiting for the axe to fall.

[quote user="ricardo"]There is NO chance of him going in the next 48 hrs but I expect there are still a deluded few who are waiting for the axe to fall.[/quote]So if there was a top class manager available at this time to replace him with that may not be an option at the end of the season, do you think the board would miss the opportunity?The truth is that I don''t know either way, but if a change was going to be made, I''d rather we did it now than at the end of the year.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ricardo"]There is NO chance of him going in the next 48 hrs but I expect there are still a deluded few who are waiting for the axe to fall.[/quote]So if there was a top class manager available at this time to replace him with that may not be an option at the end of the season, do you think the board would miss the opportunity?The truth is that I don''t know either way, but if a change was going to be made, I''d rather we did it now than at the end of the year.[/quote]You think the board will sack him now, as the transfer window opens?  If they were going to sack him it would have been before January so a new manager could assess the squad and make his own signings in Jan.  There is not a chance Hughton will go now, the earliest it will happen is late Feb/early March and I very much doubt it''ll happen at all.Whatever peoples opinions of our play is at the moment, Hughton is still doing what is expected of him and that is staying up.  Until we find ourselves in the relegation zone he is doing what he is expected of him.

It should be now but I doubt it will happen. I have to say I am surprised at the board. They are risking a hell of a lot by keeping him.

At best we may just stay up courtesy of others. If we do and there is no improvement in style of play I for one will not renew my season ticket to watch a third year of dross. At 68 I don''t need the continual frustration if it''s all the same to Mr McNally and friends.

Of course I could be wrong and we now go on a run of picking up points playing in a way that reflects the skill and character of the side. It is there somewhere I''m convinced of it.

If we finish up in say 16th or 17th place I would expect Hughton to be released from his contract at the end of the season and for us to rethink things in the summer.

Ironically, if we were to finish in the bottom three, I think Hughton would keep his job, and as result, be more comfortable as a manager in the league below.

Probably best to change at the end of the season now unless things get desperate (i.e. 5 straight losses plunging us into the bottom 3). A new manager in such a situation could bring an immediate and needed improvement that might just be enough to save us. In any case, I doubt that will happen and I expect Hughton to survive the season now. He''s already survived after a serious of (in my view) unacceptable results so if McNally et al can stomach that, I''m sure they''ll stomach what is to come. As to staying up, it will be touch and go but I think somehow we''ll hang on. Whether that will be enough at the end of the year to keep Hughton in a job is another thing. But it might be.

I''d say now is the best time if we are to get rid of him. Whether another guy would do a better job, i don''t know so until then, i hope the board back Hughton to succeed. 2 wins versus palace and Everton would very easily turn his fragile sitiuation round. It''s not impossible.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]It should be now but I doubt it will happen. I have to say I am surprised at the board. They are risking a hell of a lot by keeping him.

At best we may just stay up courtesy of others. If we do and there is no improvement in style of play I for one will not renew my season ticket to watch a third year of dross. At 68 I don''t need the continual frustration if it''s all the same to Mr McNally and friends.

Of course I could be wrong and we now go on a run of picking up points playing in a way that reflects the skill and character of the side. It is there somewhere I''m convinced of it.[/quote]It''s a nonsense statement that has no more validity than saying Man United won the league courtesy of 19 other clubs being worse.You finish where you deserve to finish depending upon your results. There will be teams better than us and teams worse than us and they will all be dependent upon there own results as well as those of the others.

Jimmy Smith wrote

I''d say now is the best time if we are to get rid of him. Whether another guy would do a better job, i don''t know so until then, i hope the board back Hughton to succeed. 2 wins versus palace and Everton would very easily turn his fragile sitiuation round. It''s not impossible.

I suspect that we might only draw with Palace!! and can''t see us getting any points against Everton

If you finish where you deserve to we will be playing Championship football next season , Hughtons gameplan stinks out the division and we bore our own fans let alone neutral watchers.

If they were going to do it it would have happened by now.If he is going to go then it would be immediately after the last game of the season. If by some miracle we finish say 14th or above then he will be retained. A lot depends upon how good his January transfer dealings are

They would have done it by now if they were going to. The question is, is there another manager out there, already available or not, who could actually make an improvement.It''s all well and good saying get rid of Hughton, but what if we did change now, and things went pear-shaped and we got relegated. Hughton is, whether people like it or not, doing his job. We are in 14th at mid point, and but a win from 10th/11th.Sacking him now would mean compensation, plus the recruitment process. I expect Hughton''s already trying to sign players, and that would all go out the window. I doubt a new manager would have the time to assess the squad before the xfer window closes.But please, don''t sign another Kane!