Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Surely we all agree about this...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]One point that piece doesn''t make is that it seems, based on recent reports of much lower away support, as if a fair number of Hughton Outers who in the past have attended away games have started to stay at home. If so then the volume of anti-Hughton feeling away from Carrow Road is less than it might be.[/quote]
Are there reports of lower away attendance?
[/quote]Yes.[/quote]
Where?
I''m not trying to be a smart arse, I just havent seen any.
[/quote]

Words fail me...[:P][:D]I can''t find them now, but there have been posts here that recent numbers have been markedly down.

Really we are getting to the crux of the matter here.
The fact is that there isnt a damn thing that any fan can do about his football team not playing well.
Some of you just need to accept this, and realise that all your keyboard bashing is actially achieving, is higher blood pressure.
I fully accept it is every fans right to have a whinge on forums like this, but only the terminally stupid could think that booing and moaning at matches is going to have any positive effect.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]One point that piece doesn''t make is that it seems, based on recent reports of much lower away support, as if a fair number of Hughton Outers who in the past have attended away games have started to stay at home. If so then the volume of anti-Hughton feeling away from Carrow Road is less than it might be.[/quote]
Are there reports of lower away attendance?
[/quote]Yes.[/quote]
Where?
I''m not trying to be a smart arse, I just havent seen any.
[/quote]

Words fail me...[:P][:D]I can''t find them now, but there have been posts here that recent numbers have been markedly down.[/quote]
Oh right.
I thought we took a pretty good crowd the other day to Palace actually.
But if you say the figures are down, fair enough.

[quote user="Herman "]How much money does the club make from our away support?[/quote]
Nowt, as far as I know.
I actually think our away support is fantastic, lets face it, everywhere is a trek from Norfolk.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]The piece is ruined by the last bit. 
"further divisions amongst the fans will only increase the chances of relegation"
Horse plop on a few levels.
[/quote]
Why so?
Grumbling, moaning and booing on matchdays can only have a negative effect on the team.
[/quote]
Because it''s nonsenses statement that has no grounds for being of any fact.  Read what he''s actually said, not what you think he''s said. 
He''s basically saying what happens in the stands trumps everything that happens on the pitch.  But not generally nervousness of fans that makes the players edgy. As booing and moaning isn''t done by the outers.  It''s the divisions between them that will make the club sink to relegation .  
Anybody who believes that, needs their head seeing to.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Its a well written piece, and of course I agree.......I have seen the destructive outcome of previous tirades against our Manager''s at Carrow Road, all they did was impact negatively on the way the team played and didnt speed up the departure of the manager at that time at all (regardless of what the "outers" may think), just cost us points. I personally see no reason not to trust the Board of the club to make the right decision at a time they feel is the right time, they know all of the background and are informed, unfortunately we are not. I guess my comments make me a "happy clapper", so be it.... OTBC  [/quote]

[quote user="Making Plans"]The simple truth is that the majority of all

football fans react only to what they see on the pitch. People pay good

money to be entertained and excited by people who are supposed to be at,

or near, the top of their profession and rightly vent their frustration

when they witness these very same people showing the same inadequacies

& failures week after week. [/quote]

Both these posts are true and accurate.     Supporting positively is obviously good too as it gives encouragement.  Venting frustration is fine too. Where it goes wrong is when the frustration gets too focused on to one person.    Its scapegoating and is just trying to find someone to blame.   It goes round the players.   Holt got a peculiar  form of scapegoating as he never fitted some people''s view of what a "Norwich" footballer should be like. Hughton has never fitted  some people''s view of what a "Norwich " manager to be.   It is partly the fact that he followed Lambert, but there is more to it than that.  He represents something we are not used to.   He represents a stand point that forces us to think beyond the good old entertaining yo yo club that we have been since 1972. Even in the late eighties and early nineties we were seen as a little club punching above our weight.  

With being debt free and solid foundations, we could become a club more like Everton, solid and reliable, nearly always towards the top of the league and very competitive.   But we are only going to become like that if we develop that solid and reliable way of playing.   Hughton has been addressing that and is less than two years into making it happen.  For me it has always been at least a three year project.   Sure we would all like to have seen more improvement this season, but there are signs that it is improving, although the Fulham match didn''t help. 

So some have decided they don''t want a project, they want entertainment now and aren''t prepared to put up with a longer term view of things - so Hughton gets it thrown back at him.  But, like it or not it is potentially still on track.  We are in a battle, but that''s how it should be. If it was easy to get up the league and stay there season after season with our comparitively small resources we would have done it by now - but we are still only three points off tenth place. 

Some I get the feeling would prefer to be in the championship playing Ipswich or Colchester, or whoever happens to be in that division.  Thankfully, the board, McNally and Hughton have a different view. They are trying to build something at Carrow Rd.  I wish more people could appreciate it.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="morty"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]The piece is ruined by the last bit. 
"further divisions amongst the fans will only increase the chances of relegation"
[/quote]
Why so?
Grumbling, moaning and booing on matchdays can only have a negative effect on the team.
[/quote]
Because it''s nonsenses statement that has no grounds for being of any fact.  Read what he''s actually said, not what you think he''s said. 
He''s basically saying what happens in the stands trumps everything that happens on the pitch.  But not generally nervousness of fans that makes the players edgy. As booing and moaning isn''t done by the outers.  It''s the divisions between them that will make the club sink to relegation .  
[/quote]
Seems pretty clear what he said, you seem to be the one spinning it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="morty"][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]The piece is ruined by the last bit. 
[/quote]
Why so?
[/quote]
[/quote]
Seems pretty clear what he said, you seem to be the one spinning it.
[/quote]
LOL  of course I am.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Typical rubbish from a hughton apologist. Only the return of the Messiah will get the fans reunited. I think everyone will accept this simple truth[/quote]

No. Not at all. Don''t want him back here one bit,

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="morty"]Glad we got that sorted[Y][/quote]

Good, arguing about it will get us relegated. 
Big love 
[/quote]
Exactly.
Now you''re getting the hang of it[Y]

As Herman says only real way is to vote with your feet.

When you go to the game you go there to support team. If you only go to watch pure dominance and beautiful fast goal scoring game, you are anyway watching wrong team or wrong league and hope for relegation. (well some of you seems to hope it anyway just to prove point).

So either support the team those 90minutes and boo after game or dont go to watch.

There are players out there whose carreer has gone downwards after crowd turned against them. So it really can affect players. Royston Drenthe refused to play in home games anymore at Real Madrid for example and what a prospect he was back then.

Anywa boo and moan or not, I''m quite sure we stay up. Just really supporting the team would probably give you more pleasant game experience and probably get more out of our players.

If the game is so dull to watch, why dont you do like in Germany and start a singing contest with opponent fans.

I''m from Norfolk and there is stupidity and ignorance everywhere... Luckily most of these people do not support NCFC because they want to associate themselves with winners to add value to their meaningless lives. However when the club is successful many tag along or influence the views of formerly realistic supporters. Let''s realize this and move on.

The booing of the decision to sub Hooper just illustrates how gormless some fans are. Elmander was warming up when the substitution was made, when the booing started Elmander turned to the crowd and indicated that Hooper had a problem with his thigh. It was clear that Hooper was struggling, and to ensure no further damage was done he was subbed which led to the booing by numbnuts with no real clue, a prime example of people with an agenda reacting when they do not have all the facts......