Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Surely we all agree about this...

Together we stand, divided we will fall ? .....

http://www.pinkun.com/home/divided_support_is_not_helping_city_s_premier_league_struggle_1_3175119

So apparently as fans, if we are unhappy with the manager and style of play being served up each week, we should go to games and act perfectly normally, but somehow then display our displeasure through other means???Let me tell you, ranting on internet forums and forming 3 man rally''s outside Carrow Road will make sod all difference and zero impact on the board or coaching staff, whereas 20,000 pissed off fans in a ground on match day definitely DOES convey a firm message...

But does it help Indy? Take the booing of the Hooper sub. Does a player like Ricky really need to hear that? I know it''s aimed at the manager, but the players don''t know.

My theory is that you are really unhappy vote with your feet.

Herman wrote the following post at 04/01/2014 8:43 AM:

But does it help Indy? Take the booing of the Hooper sub. Does a player like Ricky really need to hear that? I know it''s aimed at the manager, but the players don''t know.

My theory is that you are really unhappy vote with your feet.

It''s not the year 3 egg and spoon race where little Herman must get a prize even if his egg falls off and splatters yolk all over his new shoes, after only three strides!

[quote user="Herman "]But does it help Indy? Take the booing of the Hooper sub. Does a player like Ricky really need to hear that? I know it''s aimed at the manager, but the players don''t know.

My theory is that you are really unhappy vote with your feet.[/quote]

That would be the typical response of a plastic. Oh wait a minute!!!

Its a well written piece, and of course I agree.......I have seen the destructive outcome of previous tirades against our Manager''s at Carrow Road, all they did was impact negatively on the way the team played and didnt speed up the departure of the manager at that time at all (regardless of what the "outers" may think), just cost us points. I personally see no reason not to trust the Board of the club to make the right decision at a time they feel is the right time, they know all of the background and are informed, unfortunately we are not. I guess my comments make me a "happy clapper", so be it.... OTBC  

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Typical rubbish from a hughton apologist. Only the return of the Messiah will get the fans reunited. I think everyone will accept this simple truth[/quote]

Typical trolling from a binner

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Its a well written piece, and of course I agree.......I have seen the destructive outcome of previous tirades against our Manager''s at Carrow Road, all they did was impact negatively on the way the team played and didnt speed up the departure of the manager at that time at all (regardless of what the "outers" may think), just cost us points. I personally see no reason not to trust the Board of the club to make the right decision at a time they feel is the right time, they know all of the background and are informed, unfortunately we are not. I guess my comments make me a "happy clapper", so be it.... OTBC  [/quote]
Exactly[Y]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Its a well written piece, and of course I agree.......I have seen the destructive outcome of previous tirades against our Manager''s at Carrow Road, all they did was impact negatively on the way the team played and didnt speed up the departure of the manager at that time at all (regardless of what the "outers" may think), just cost us points. I personally see no reason not to trust the Board of the club to make the right decision at a time they feel is the right time, they know all of the background and are informed, unfortunately we are not. I guess my comments make me a "happy clapper", so be it.... OTBC  [/quote]
Exactly[Y]

Exactly[Y]

One point that piece doesn''t make is that it seems, based on recent reports of much lower away support, as if a fair number of Hughton Outers who in the past have attended away games have started to stay at home. If so then the volume of anti-Hughton feeling away from Carrow Road is less than it might be.

The piece is ruined by the last bit. 
"further divisions amongst the fans will only increase the chances of relegation"
Horse plop on a few levels.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]The piece is ruined by the last bit. 
"further divisions amongst the fans will only increase the chances of relegation"
Horse plop on a few levels.
[/quote]
Why so?
Grumbling, moaning and booing on matchdays can only have a negative effect on the team.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]One point that piece doesn''t make is that it seems, based on recent reports of much lower away support, as if a fair number of Hughton Outers who in the past have attended away games have started to stay at home. If so then the volume of anti-Hughton feeling away from Carrow Road is less than it might be.[/quote]
Are there reports of lower away attendance?

The simple truth is that the majority of all football fans react only to what they see on the pitch. People pay good money to be entertained and excited by people who are supposed to be at, or near, the top of their profession and rightly vent their frustration when they witness these very same people showing the same inadequacies & failures week after week.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]One point that piece doesn''t make is that it seems, based on recent reports of much lower away support, as if a fair number of Hughton Outers who in the past have attended away games have started to stay at home. If so then the volume of anti-Hughton feeling away from Carrow Road is less than it might be.[/quote]
[/quote]Yes.

[quote user="morty"]Grumbling, moaning and booing on matchdays can only have a negative effect on the team.[/quote]Maybe so Morty, but what are the realistic and genuine alternatives?A) Don''t bother attending at all (thereby costing the club money revenue AND support in the process)B) Grin and bear it (why the hell should we?)C) Stage some sort of protest involving whatever supporter groups you can (This also has serious negative comeback)D) Pi$$ and moan on internet forums and chat rooms or take to blogs instead (and be just as ineffective on either)E) Go support someone else (but who the f**k would seriously do this?)I''m not going to speak for other supporters or players, but the signs are there that many of each are NOT HAPPY, and it''s starting to manifest itself both in the stands and on the pitch.Some of us are sick of watching the same crap each week, and some of the players e.g. Howson, Martin, Olsson etc surely must be utterly sick of being told to hang back instead of using the attacking talents that they possess?Seriously - WTF are we supposed to do as fans when we don''t like what we are seeing at our club and want the relevant people to be aware of this in the correct manner (I''m sure a nice e-mail or letter to McNally and co would be seeing the recycle bin before they even get past the first paragraph...)???

[quote user="Making Plans"]The simple truth is that the majority of all football fans react only to what they see on the pitch. People pay good money to be entertained and excited by people who are supposed to be at, or near, the top of their profession and rightly vent their frustration when they witness these very same people showing the same inadequacies & failures week after week. [/quote]Excellent point MP, couldn''t agree with you more.

A) is the answer if you want to send a message. Empty seats and loss of cash will be noticed more by the people that matter.

Your problem is that it is only a minority who have it in for the manager. This is a minority board with minority views.

We are 11th I. The form table and oh 3 points off 10th !

Support your club, the team and the manager. It is rubbish to say that players are not happy as the board would not allow this. To many keyboard bashers with no clue.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]One point that piece doesn''t make is that it seems, based on recent reports of much lower away support, as if a fair number of Hughton Outers who in the past have attended away games have started to stay at home. If so then the volume of anti-Hughton feeling away from Carrow Road is less than it might be.[/quote]
[/quote]Yes.[/quote]
Where?
I''m not trying to be a smart arse, I just havent seen any.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]Grumbling, moaning and booing on matchdays can only have a negative effect on the team.[/quote]Maybe so Morty, but what are the realistic and genuine alternatives?A) Don''t bother attending at all (thereby costing the club money revenue AND support in the process)B) Grin and bear it (why the hell should we?)C) Stage some sort of protest involving whatever supporter groups you can (This also has serious negative comeback)D) Pi$$ and moan on internet forums and chat rooms or take to blogs instead (and be just as ineffective on either)E) Go support someone else (but who the f**k would seriously do this?)I''m not going to speak for other supporters or players, but the signs are there that many of each are NOT HAPPY, and it''s starting to manifest itself both in the stands and on the pitch.Some of us are sick of watching the same crap each week, and some of the players e.g. Howson, Martin, Olsson etc surely must be utterly sick of being told to hang back instead of using the attacking talents that they possess?Seriously - WTF are we supposed to do as fans when we don''t like what we are seeing at our club and want the relevant people to be aware of this in the correct manner (I''m sure a nice e-mail or letter to McNally and co would be seeing the recycle bin before they even get past the first paragraph...)???[/quote]
The answer there is that there is absolutely nothing you can do. 
But whingeing, whining and booing isnt going to help either.
The real answer is that if you hate it that much, dont go.

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 04/01/2014 11:03 AM:

Your problem is that it is only a minority who have it in for the manager. This is a minority board with minority views.

We are 11th I. The form table and oh 3 points off 10th !

Support your club, the team and the manager. It is rubbish to say that players are not happy as the board would not allow this. To many keyboard bashers with no clue.

Certainly isn''t a minority view from the people I speak to and who sit around me on match days. Also is this how we judge our season now, on the form table not the actual table?

Hi sexy Morty

What you wearing to the game today? I have a sexy Victoria Secrets undies. A figure hugging cashmere next top and sling tight jeans.

[quote user="Fat Nat"]Hi sexy Morty

What you wearing to the game today? I have a sexy Victoria Secrets undies. A figure hugging cashmere next top and sling tight jeans.[/quote]
Yeah, I will be wearing pretty much the same[Y]