Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Those that have lost the faith don't renew ST.

Oh yeah you wouldn''t do that would you?

If you were really that disillusioned you would let your ST go and allow someone on the waiting list to support our team.

Any takers?

Stop moaning and get behind the team, look at what we have compared to others, I am saddened by the unloyal fans on here?

[quote user="Yellow since 1977"]Oh yeah you wouldn''t do that would you?

If you were really that disillusioned you would let your ST go and allow someone on the waiting list to support our team.

Any takers?

Stop moaning and get behind the team, look at what we have compared to others, I am saddened by the unloyal fans on here?[/quote]

No I wouldn''t do that and why should I? It''s completely irrelevant to the question of whether or not the manager is good enough though.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]OP typical plastic fan[/quote]

Now I thought Plastic fans were local people who support the likes of Chelski and Manure and a like and only getting to watch them from the arm chair such as my son-in-law Liverpool fan from Gt- Yarmouth,.

Long Standing fans of many years have witnessed the ups and downs of this club. It will always be a roller coaster and true fans who can afford it will always keep going to watch. Such is the demand for tickets that unless you have a season ticket there is little prospect of seeing a game

I''ll retain my season ticket thank you very much.......A week is a long time in football and as I attend games it allows me to put across my opinion and point of view without the usual controlling collective sentinels who patrol this forum saying ''where you at the game today - or did you watch it on the radio?''

Wonder if those ''desperados'' on the waiting list for season tickets will be attending the ''less than glamorous and plenty of tickets left for today''s FA Cup tie?'' It''s Â£15 for an adult and a mere Â£1 for a youngster to watch a competitive premiership clash...

Or, are these ''desperados'' only more interested in attending those more attractive games - not dissimilar to a side we played on the 28th of December......2013...?

See you there today........or then again, maybe not?

Gave up my season ticket at the end of last season.

No atmosphere, unrealistic expectations from fans and turgid football.

Dont miss it one bit either. I was passionate about supporting NCFC ... just a shame the majority of the crowd at Carrow Road cant transform their passion into a bit of an atmosphere.

Its all very well giving it the - Get behind the team speech, but how often does that translate into unconditional, vociferous support for the Canaries?

Yellow since 1977 wrote the following post at 2014-01-04 12:41 PM:

Oh yeah you wouldn''t do that would you?

Any takers?

Stop moaning and get behind the team, look at what we have compared to others, I am saddened by the unloyal fans on here?

Sonny Jim you wouldn''t know what disillusioned was if it bit you in the backside. When you have experienced years of supporting our club, and putt your hand in your pocket when they carried a blanket round to catch donations to keep our club afloat, and yes it did happen, then you will know what disillusionment really is!

Any takers?

Stop moaning and get behind the team, look at what we have compared to others, I am saddened by the unloyal fans on here?[/quote]Seriously thinking about not renewing if Hughton is still in place. I''ve been a supporter longer than you YS77 and I have had my enthusiasm seriously drained by what I have been watching in most of the last 18 months.It may come down to renewing and then not going to many games and trying to offload my ticket when I cant be arsed to go, (although on the couple of times I have done that this season,I struggled to find any takers even when I was giving the ticket away!).But fair play to you for going to every game OP, and singing your heart out,clapping and cheering for the whole of the 90 mins + time added on for stoppages.[<:o)][<:o)][<:o)]

This question has been asked before and always has the same result. The people that are moaning at carrow road and gain it go specifically because they WANT to moan, they love it, gives them some sort of buzz I''ll never understand. Seems to intensify as you get older which is a worry where you take out all the angst you have at the rest of the world at a football club. For some people supporting this club isn''t about representing the region, heritage or anything like that it''s simply a release valve for their own problems. Worrying, but not unique to this club.

[quote user="Buh"]This question has been asked before and always has the same result. The people that are moaning at carrow road and gain it go specifically because they WANT to moan, they love it, gives them some sort of buzz I''ll never understand. Seems to intensify as you get older which is a worry where you take out all the angst you have at the rest of the world at a football club. For some people supporting this club isn''t about representing the region, heritage or anything like that it''s simply a release valve for their own problems. Worrying, but not unique to this club.[/quote]

I agree but don''t think age has anything to do with it.  At away matches you get to sit with different people every match and you hear all sorts of views over a period of time. Imo younger people are just as likely to moan for the sake of it as older people.  Perhaps more so.   Everyone has their issues and if their bag is to go and moan, groan then thats fine - but I think younger people have as a hard time being positive as older people. Anyway, older people should know better! [:O]

I''ve noticed this too. You get people do moan a lot as well but i honestly think this is down to the football manager/FIFA/sky tv issue. A lot of youngsters have massive expectations at the football and thy soon realise that you can''t do what you can on a computer game in real life. Different angst but angst nonetheless.

Why?

I''m not enjoying the football, I don''t like hughton but I continue to go and sing my heart out for the team.

I don''t get off my seat regularly so am looking into a padded seat now.

I''m going today, I tried not too but had too.

Managers and players come and go all the time, the fan''s stay.

Just because someone isn''t happy with the manager doesn''t mean they should give up their season ticket.

If anything, this just makes it more than transparent you don''t give a fuck about the football club - if this is your line of thinking.

Any takers?

Stop moaning and get behind the team, look at what we have compared to others, I am saddened by the unloyal fans on here?[/quote]

The strong will stand.The weak will fall by the wayside.

Its not just about Hughton though is it?

Its the spiralling costs, lack of atmosphere, no sense of being truly valued as a fan.

This isnt just something that is Norwich specific. Fans are being forced/bored out of the game. The passion is receding across all grounds in the Premier League.

Its all about the Premier League and all about the money.

Yeh I see some truth in what your saying Henry. In many ways this isnt Norwich specific but more Premier League specific.We used to laugh at Scotland, Italy or Spain for having 2- 4 teams.Now the Prem has maybe 6 teams.

[quote user="Henry"]Its not just about Hughton though is it?

Its the spiralling costs, lack of atmosphere, no sense of being truly valued as a fan.

This isnt just something that is Norwich specific. Fans are being forced/bored out of the game. The passion is receding across all grounds in the Premier League.

Its all about the Premier League and all about the money.[/quote]
I have more respect for you in giving up your ticket, than I do for people who just whinge but do nothing[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Yellow since 1977"]Oh yeah you wouldn''t do that would you?

Any takers?

The strong will stand.The weak will fall by the wayside.[/quote]Now that IS from Mein Kampf...[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Yellow since 1977"]Oh yeah you wouldn''t do that would you?

Any takers?

The strong will stand.The weak will fall by the wayside.[/quote]Now that IS from Mein Kampf...[:P][/quote]Ha Ha, who''d a guessed it.[;)]

"Oh yeah you wouldn''t do that would you?"

Well actually a significant number of people do not renew every year, and somebody on here recently claimed to go from the bottom of the waiting list to the top in around 9 months.

I know a few people who have flogged off their season tickets as half season tickets to friends because they can''t be bothered anymore.

So perhaps this is more of a reality than you think. Don''t know if anybody knows the current waiting list numbers but at one stage it was two years and if somebody really did get one in 9 months then that is a major swing.

It certainly isn''t two years now. In order for people on the waiting list to get a season ticket you need people to give up their season ticket.

Either the rate of non-renewals is going up, or the rate of new people joining the waiting list is going down, or both.

Appreciate that Morty.

Perhaps one day football will be become fun again. And perhaps it could recognised that the fans are every bit as important as the bulging wallet agents and players. I wont hold my breath ... but its my dream.

When and if that, and safe standing is introduced, i will rejoin the season ticket waiting list ... irrespective of who the manager is or what division we are in.

Until then i suspect i shall have to put up with the fact that i am a plastic, second rate, never go to games, armchair supporter ;)

"and safe standing is introduced, i will rejoin the season ticket waiting list"

There probably wouldn''t be a waiting list if safe standing was introduced. At least not for the standing area.

I have respect for the season ticket holders who continue to renew regardless of what manager or standard of football we have. I''d go so far to say they contributed to the success of the club when we hit the lows of league one.

Our season ticket sales are something to be proud of. Renewing is not "doing nothing" it is showing commitment to the club, to continue supporting the club, even if relegation threatens.

Norwich City Football Club is in my blood. I love it. It will take more than a dull, drab manager who couldn''t love the club like I do to cause me to give my ticket up.

I will moan if and when I like while I am paying good money to watch.

I reckon I will be at Carrow rd longer than Hughton. He will stay until there is a better offer or we pay him off. Either way his exit will not be about his love of Norwich city.

Ridiculous op, especially as you financially penalise yourself if you don''t renew at the earliest point.

I don''t quite get the posters that only want to dictate to others that they only have 2 choices, little hitlers.