Sign in to follow this  
skeps

how much would you accept for hoolahan?

[quote user="ricardo"]A true legend IMO, but his best years are behind him. I would take the money and look for a new younger playmaker. At our level you need to run just to stand still. Take the money before he walks for free.[/quote]
Ridiculous to say, in my opinion.
January is not the time to sell in my opinion, when our midfield is so thin. And just after a fantastic performance against United, proving his best years may not be behind him. Certainly he doesn''t rely on pace, but more balance and agility which i don''t think will leave him anytime soon.
And 1.5 million is insulting - more so than ever to a relegation rival. Who could we get for the same money? Who in the premier league would sell their most creative midfielder for 1.5 million? Laughable if we sell him for anything under 5 million - and even then i''d be uneasy handing over one of our best players to a relegation rival.

"not good enough often enough at this level to have the whole formation changed to fit him"

Lambert managed to give both Fox and Hoolahan plenty of football, usually one at a time, whilst playing mostly 4-4-2 in our first season in this division.

Norwich fans profess their frustration with Hughton and then talk exactly like Hughton by using his exact same excuses for not playing creative players.

A lot of Norwich fans are parodies of Hughton. I would be furious if Lambert manages to take Hoolahan to Villa for such a pathetic fee, and there would be a good chance that we would be back in the Championship before Hoolahan.

I don''t think we should not be be selling him in this transfer window unless a big bid comes in for him - 1.5m is a joke. Plus I really wouldn''t want to be selling to a relegation rival at this moment if the season.

Then, even if a big money bid was on the table I would only accept it if it enabled me to go out and get a younger, better version of him - but that is not always possible in January. My view is that Wes is getting on and the time is probably coming soon to sell him, when we can still get some useful money for him to put towards his replacement but i don''t know if that is now.

The Villa supporters are ecstatic over the possibility.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10568-wes-hoolahan-norwich-city/

It''s really upsetting when some of our own supporters do not appreciate what we have until it''s gone.

[quote user="Six Pack"]The Villa supporters are ecstatic over the possibility. http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10568-wes-hoolahan-norwich-city/ It''s really upsetting when some of our own supporters do not appreciate what we have until it''s gone.[/quote]

Did you even read this thread - generally ambivalent rather than ecstatic, rather like this thread.

Shouldn''t sell until we get our midfield back, so maybe the Summer.

Then.........he is just the sort of player to get Lambert the sack

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="Six Pack"]The Villa supporters are ecstatic over the possibility. http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10568-wes-hoolahan-norwich-city/ It''s really upsetting when some of our own supporters do not appreciate what we have until it''s gone.[/quote]

Did you even read this thread - generally ambivalent rather than ecstatic, rather like this thread.

[/quote]

When it comes to clubs wanting any of our players I honestly think we should be remembering how Lennon of Celtic does his deals, IE dig the heals in and keep increasing the asking price every time a bid goes in, call me stupid if you like but No premier league first team should be sold for less than £7.mil in the January window, Ok they may not be worth a quarter of that, but January is not the time to sell and fans must realise that managers will not be I a hurry to buy over priced players or be held t ransom, Hughton proved a point over Hooper and Wolfswinkle both would have cost around £30mil had he took the bait, I think we will only sign one player this month and He''s already here.

[quote user="skippdogg"]with villa offering 1.5m would you take it?[/quote]

I wouldn''t sell him. What no.10 could we afford that''s any better and that would want to come here? He''s our David Silva.

It is interesting to read Mick Dennis''s increasingly desperate rants on twitter a) on the Wes situation and b) generally on Hughtons future.

I think he realises the game for Hughton is fast coming to an end and Dennis is fighting a last chance defence of Hapless

He is worth listening to as he is the official unofficial mouth piece for the stowmarket 2

He talks of outers dividing the club and using the Wes situation as ammunition to do that but in reality it is the current management team that is dividing the club. You didn''t see this infighting between fans and the poisonous atmosphere at the carra under lambert . He is attacking the symptoms rather than the cause.

[quote user="BigFish"]

[/quote]

I don''t agree Mr Fish - I think he''ll help Lambert save his job & have Villa playing fluently.