Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

Wes Hoolahan

had every opportunity to up sticks and leave us over the last five or six years. He stayed put even when we were terrible.Lambert''s enquiry will most likely be genuine, but Wes will not want to leave Norwich. I believe he is settled with his heart set on seeing his career out here.We all remember Worthy and his scans, but I definitely believe CH with respect to Hoolahan''s injury. To play the amount of first team football he has lately after none for a while suggests to me that he has most probably suffered an injury related to muscular fatigue.

Do we know why he wasn''t even in the squad today, given that we were quite light in the midfield? Could it possibly have been something to do with the reported bid?

I await your footballing contribution NexusAll I see from you is condescending put down upon put down with precious little of your own brilliant knowledge.We can all play ''baiting the fool'' but I respect more the posters who put forward ridiculous ideas for signings or naive attempts at approach or strategy than those who seek to endlessly snipe.

And I respect posters who dont take themselves so seriously or feel the need to attention whore with a new thread when there is already one if not two available on thier chosen topic.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]And yet you attention seek with your baiting nearly every time you post.The hypocrisy is overwhelming.[/quote]You just cant accept the fact that Im always right. How is it attention seeking when im merely putting you straight ?

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]I don''t understand why you''re still baiting. Do people on here actually find this funny? I despair[/quote]Keep biting son, keep biting !

[quote user="stratton canary"]I would''nt care if my granny was manager, as long as she brought back the Norwich style[/quote]???????? What is the Norwich style?   Attack, attack, attack?   No.  The best I have ever seen us was under Stringer, when we used to pass pass pass.   We would outpass swansalona today with our passing game then.   Control games from beginning to end.  Maybe not always scoring lots, but it was''nt half good to watch.   Hughton''s style is also a passing game.  As yet I don''t think the mix of players he has is capable of that kind of controlling a game with passing.   Some players are too selfish, some players we are using now aren''t good passers at all, but that is partly down to injuries.  Given time I think we will see more and more of the passing game, with improved confidence at retaining the ball  and more positive results.  

[quote user="mrs miggins"]you want wes to be the manager?[/quote]

Actually wouldn''t be a bad idea - he''d be a strong advocate for attacking football - not sure about defence though.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The best I have ever seen us was under Stringer, when we used to pass pass pass. We would outpass swansalona today with our passing game then. Control games from beginning to end.  Maybe not always scoring lots, but it was''nt half good to watch.[/quote]Absolutely right, but then you had to cock it all up with this nonsense:[quote]Hughton''s style is also a passing game.[/quote]Sorry LDC but that''s just tosh.Hughton''s game is overly defensive, and one that focuses on simply trying to counter attack (and doing a pi$$ poor job most of the time), with most of our attacking players being shackled with more defensive duties than is needed, whilst our full backs don''t have the same licence to push on that they have done over the years...Even Hucks would probably look bang average in Hughton''s current setup as he''d be telling him to calm down with his attacking runs and flair and focus on helping Olsson/Garrido instead...Frankly I think it''s insulting that you''ve even dared to draw any sort of comparison with the football we played under Stringer to the crap we''re having to put up with each week under Hughton.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]The best I have ever seen us was under Stringer, when we used to pass pass pass. We would outpass swansalona today with our passing game then. Control games from beginning to end.  Maybe not always scoring lots, but it was''nt half good to watch.[/quote]Absolutely right, but then you had to cock it all up with this nonsense:[quote]Hughton''s style is also a passing game.[/quote]Sorry LDC but that''s just tosh.Hughton''s game is overly defensive, and one that focuses on simply trying to counter attack (and doing a pi$$ poor job most of the time), with most of our attacking players being shackled with more defensive duties than is needed, whilst our full backs don''t have the same licence to push on that they have done over the years...Even Hucks would probably look bang average in Hughton''s current setup as he''d be telling him to calm down with his attacking runs and flair and focus on helping Olsson/Garrido instead...Frankly I think it''s insulting that you''ve even dared to draw any sort of comparison with the football we played under Stringer to the crap we''re having to put up with each week under Hughton.[/quote]

Stringer''s team was about controlling the ball.   Pass and move, I guess.    We don''t yet have enough players capable of sustaining that kind of play.  Last season we had a spell when we did it, but after Christmas the lack of confidence and pressure got to us a bit.   This season we have shown signs of it too, but not enough, obviously - yet.    The quality in the squad is not yet up to it.   Too many passes go astray.   So is that Hughton''s fault, or the players.   I suppose you could say the players aren''t capable of playing that way and Hughton should play them like Lambert did and just go for it.  But the whole point of it - and this is for me what people don''t understand - is that you can''t expect something worthwhile to happen just like that.  Anything long lasting takes time to build.  The Stringer/Walker teams didn''t just happen.   They took years in development and continuity.

People can carry on only seeing bad things if they want, but there are positives and good play going on, even if the mix is not yet right.  Injuries are not helping - and  the fact that most other teams we play have players in that cost a lot more than ours.  That''s not an excuse, but it is a factor.  

Insulting?  I''ve seen more insults thrown at Hughton than is credible, given the circumstances.  People could do with learning a bit of patience - even if it means waiting two to three years for the Hughton tenure to come to fruition.   Don''t want to be patient?   Then you are doing the club a dis-service imo.  Hughton has spent a lot of money - it would be foolish to stop him half way through a team development project.  He finished 11th lsast season and is placed three points from tenth this season, in the mix and everything to play for.