Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Huddlestone - the one that got away

Come on get real, poor bloke wouldnt be allowed past the halfway line and would be a glorified sweeper.Hull the best move for him evidently

He has a couple of good games and all at once he''s a bargain at £5M.

Have you forgotten he has just had his first haircut for nearly 3 years because he has not scored for that length of time? Even BJ has scored more than him during that time!

I can only agree with this. Just the player we need to sit behind Howson and Fer if we play a 4-3-3/4-1-4-1. He''s David Fox and Bradley Johnson combined....plus a bit more!

Always looked incredibly slow & ponderous to me. Must have something to have been highly regarded (at one time) at Spurs though.

Can''t help thinking he''s one of the recipients of fruit from The Lucky Tree that''s sprouted up in Hull this year. I wonder when it will run out ....

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]

huddlestone for £5m - okay buy[/quote]

£5m for someone who could well be considered to be the best passer of the ball in the league.

That''s a good buy.

We could have afforded the £5m no question.

But as with so many of these fringe England players - Downing, Bent, Johnson are other examples - the wages they demand are way beyond what we are prepared to pay.

In fact the desire to lose his inflated wages from their books may be the reason Spurs let him go for that sort of money.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 05/01/2014 9:47 AM:

It''s ok we have Bradley johnson :)

............. who has scored more goals from a similar position in the last three years than Huddlestone.

Don''t get me wrong, Huddlestone is a good player but the extra hype over a run of good games, which every player has from time to time, is way over the top.

And the extra hype that johnson is currently acquiring isn''t ott?

Huddlestone has played for England and nearly 150 games for Spurs. A period that was also hampered by injuries.

Johnsons serves a purpose. But you can''t compare him to huddlestone.

If we were to put a city shirt on, we would prob have the same strengths as johnson. (Try) to work hard and get stuck in. A handy squad player but limited.

Just too add huddlestone won''t ever really contribute to goals. He is a creator and sits allowing the other players to do that.

He also has the quality to be taking the set pieces so won''t be on the receiving end like jonno

What on earth makes you think I am comparing Johnson to Huddlestone? You brought Johnson''s name up, not me. I merely pointed out that Johnson has scored more goals from playing a similar deep position as Huddlestone.

Johnson is, perhaps like his other ex-Leeds player, Snodgrass, fortunate to get as many Premiership games as he does.

Having said that, I will say again, Huddlestone is a good player but every season we see good players come and go. Last season it was Michu ''who we missed out on''. His 12 games this season have not been as prominent as last season and he has only scored 2.

Huddlestone is going through a good spell, good luck to him. Will it last?

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 05/01/2014 1:18 PM:

........... As for snoddy. This seasons scapegoat. Works his nuts off, creates and never hides.

Not playing as well as last season but who is?

Two out of three I feel. He works hard, never hides but the service, especially crosses, to the front man/men leaves a bit to be desired.