Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Managerial roundabout

Slightly hyperthetical, slightly logical, but with West Ham & Villa continuing to struggle, they may well be the next teams to change their management.I think, & I may be wrong, that leaves us as the only team bottom half(ish) of the table not to change this season.I know the Hughton out debate has been done to death, but most of the teams who have changed are ever so slightly improving. Are you worried we''ll be gazumped down at the bottom, as whilst some of our performances have been generally better (perhaps Fulham aside) it''s difficult to know where the wins and points might come from.What do people think?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]looking at the game today Sam Allerdyce looked a worried man at full time.[/quote]Looking at the game today he certainly should have looked a worried man at full time. They were woeful. At least he''s got an easy trip to the Etihad on Wednesday to get his team back to winning ways.

We are one win away from a decent mid table position, no need to push any panic buttons just yet.People have statistically shown on here that changing your manager does not guarantee improvement.Personally, I think we''ll be sticking with what we have got, until at least the summer.

[quote user="morty"]We are one win away from a decent mid table position, no need to push any panic buttons just yet.People have statistically shown on here that changing your manager does not guarantee improvement.Personally, I think we''ll be sticking with what we have got, until at least the summer.[/quote]Have to agree with that. The fact he''s had a 1st and 4th place finish in the Championship would also suggest that he''s unlikely to be shown the door until a time comes when we''ve been relegated and are outside of the play-offs in December as he''s shown himself to be a good manager at that level as well.

Again I think the argument goes back to who is available to replace these managers (including are own)?

The market for good managers seems somewhat thin at the moment. OGS at Cardiff whilst they did well yesterday I think that may well end in tears due to the influence from above and his naivety

at this level.

The managers at the top end of the championship hardly fill me with excitement and besides would you give up the chance of promotion to take on a relegation battle.

Personally I think that managers need to be given more time to create a team and build the togetherness spirit really needed to do well as we had three and four seasons ago.

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]We are one win away from a decent mid table position, no need to push any panic buttons just yet.People have statistically shown on here that changing your manager does not guarantee improvement.Personally, I think we''ll be sticking with what we have got, until at least the summer.[/quote]

We are also one game away from the relegation positions !

What stats are these that show a new manager does not make a difference ?

I must have missed it,, and would think that it is a pretty difficult thing to determine given the possible variations .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="morty"]We are one win away from a decent mid table position, no need to push any panic buttons just yet.People have statistically shown on here that changing your manager does not guarantee improvement.Personally, I think we''ll be sticking with what we have got, until at least the summer.[/quote]

We are also one game away from the relegation positions !

What stats are these that show a new manager does not make a difference ?

I must have missed it,, and would think that it is a pretty difficult thing to determine given the possible variations .[/quote]Depends if your cup is half full, or half empty.Might have been Ricardo that posted them, but even without the use of stats, its patently obvious that changing a manager doesn''t guarantee success.