Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Becchio - the end

Feel sorry for the bloke, but its time to sell for as much as we can (championship teams might pay over the odds in January as well to try and secure promotion) and then re invest.

[quote user="Herman "]"morty""Herman "No anti-Hughton bias here just simply perplexed at what is happening to him. If he''s not to standard then move him on.

We need 4 strikers in the squad, I suspect he will be allowed to leave when we buy another one.

No mystery here, move along.

Well 3 strikers and Becchio. I''m with Le Juge. Get rid, save some money and put Morris on bench warming duties.[/quote]
I dont disagree with that, i assume though that morris isnt ready yet though. Also becchio would likely take a huge paycut were he to leave, so he could happily sit on the bench and take the money.

Personally I thought Morris was better than the Murphy twins. But that''s up to Adams and Hughton.

[quote user="Herman "]Personally I thought Morris was better than the Murphy twins. But that''s up to Adams and Hughton.[/quote]
I like the look of him too, hughton has shown though that he isnt afraid of blooding youngsters when they are ready, so his time will come I suspect.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]Personally I thought Morris was better than the Murphy twins. But that''s up to Adams and Hughton.[/quote]
I like the look of him too, hughton has shown though that he isnt afraid of blooding youngsters when they are ready, so his time will come I suspect.
[/quote]

I could do with a right good blooding. 👋👋👋👋

[quote user="Fat Nat"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman "]Personally I thought Morris was better than the Murphy twins. But that''s up to Adams and Hughton.[/quote]
[/quote]

I could do with a right good blooding. 👋👋👋👋[/quote]
Lol[:D]

I agree with Le Juge. We had Jackson, Holt & Kamara, and between them they couldn''t find the back of the net.For those that say he''s not good enough, well 1) how does anyone know when the guy hasn''t been given a chance (blimey even Fox has had more play time today than poor Becchio over an entire season) & 2) it must be poor management then, as Hughton picks him and has him on the bench every game.If he wasn''t good enough on the training ground, the manager wouldn''t even put him on the bench!

["peateabee"]Feel sorry for the bloke, but its time to sell for as much as we can (championship teams might pay over the odds in January as well to try and secure promotion) and then re invest.

Precisely!

Becchios wasting his time at Norwich full stop, if he can''t get game time today!

Sell him (and they''d be quite a few interested Championship clubs) and then get in a player who the management rates!

Come on lads, Becchio has had tme on the pitch and looked bloody awful! When has he really impressed when given the chance? In reality all Becchio is a stick to beat Hughton with by some fans!

He has no pace, his movement is poor, he can''t jump to head a ball and has a great scoring record at lower league! So sounds a little like Cureton!

Also as mentioned Hughton and the staff work with Becchio week in week out and he would have a chance to impress and push during training, may it be his attitude or his talent but it''s obvious he''s not for us past this season.

Becchio is just a back up and never going to light up the premiership.

The positives out of the move was getting shot of Morrison and depriving Leeds of their highest scorer.

It seems a shame for the player but I ain''t gonna feel too bad for professional footballers, they should see how difficult my life has been, and I''ve had to put up with a few oursole managers in my time.

I don''t trust Hughton''s opinion, and think there have been times when he should have had a chance. I think there is a good chance that his game time has been limited more down to Hughton''s tactics than his ability. 2 recent examples are today and man utd. In my opinion he should''ve come on in both games for the last ten minutes to help grab last gasp goals.

Although a cup game, due to the availability of others today - this was not a day to play Becchio.

RVW and Elmander have not been involved very much in the last 2-3 games - Hughton wanted to give them game time. Both are in front of Becchio in the pecking order. Up to the last minutes we still had a chance to win the game - so no opportunity of bringing Becchio on.

So it''s not a case of Hughton thinking that Becchio might fall flat on his face.

Hey Sixy, wasn''t the ideal opportunity when Elmander came off?

Are you saying he should only get a chance when we haven''t got a chance of winning?

Well if Hughton doesn''t trust him and he has not shown anything in training to prove it otherwise the answer is that he shouldn''t play when we are fighting for a win at the end of the game.

I feel pity for him, but in my opinion club haven''t done anything wrong. In his first chances he was in my eye just too slow and his touch was poor for a in form striker from championship he was ment to be.

I dont think him as that bad player that he couldn''t play a game in premier league, but I think he isn''t one for our tactics.

At the end of the day this is all Morrison''s fault, if he hadn''t gone into a permanent huff CH wouldn''t have had to trade him for Becchio in the first place.

But now that he''s here I was going to suggest we swap him back for Byron, but seeing Leeds play at Rochdale today I''m not sure that''s such a good idea either....

Morty has certainly hit the proverbial nail on the head on this one.

Like most of you on here I have followed football for many many years, and I just know, like you will do too, that the Becchio situation is not that uncommon....clubs often have one or soemtimes more players that they signed with high hopes that dont make it and they end up warming the bench, training with the U21''s or similar....that''s just what happens. It''s a shame, but it happens.........as for feeling sorry for any EPL professional footballer who doesnt happen to be getting a game for whatever reason....no way....absolutely no way.....many of us on here would love to be earning even a modest EPL player salary and then not actually having to do the job you are being paid for. 

Maybe he is CH''s one transfer mistake, but thats amongst many good one''s and how much of the signing was of his doing?  

That all said, I would still have no issue at all if he does come on towards the end of a game and nick us a point or a win, but somehow I cant see that happening........

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]This has become a stupid situation, unless Becchio thinks there''s likely to a change of manager and he''ll get a chance he and the club are better to part ways. One of the most baffling transfers I''ve seen in my 30 years of supporting the club.[/quote]

Why all this sympathy? He''s still getting paid. It was good business at the time. Moro didn''t want to be here and was sulking big time. We needed a backup striker, that''s what he was a year ago and now we''ve improved what''s in front of him in the queue. He''s only going to play if rvw, Elmander and hopper are injured, he''s 4th choice on merit and ability. That''s how football works. He needs to move on if he wants to play, end of.

On a par with Morison and Leeds have even got shot of him.Neither were every Premier class, a few flashes but overall can''t cut it.He came here for a pay day. If he wants a play day he needs to move back into his own class level, the Chumps.

[quote user="The gut"]Hey Sixy, wasn''t the ideal opportunity when Elmander came off?

Are you saying he should only get a chance when we haven''t got a chance of winning?[/quote]

Er yes "Gut" correct either when we are out of it or when we are about 3 nil ahead.

For whatever reason Hughton has no interest in playing him. Earlier in the season when RvW was struggling he didn''t get any game time.  Maybe his attitude sucks, Hughton never wanted him in the first place, or he just doesn''t rate him at all.Unlike the Fox situation where we have all seen him play and know exactly what he could be offering us as a squad member, Becchio hasn''t played at this level before and may well just be not good enough.

Add Butterfield as his other mistake as a signing. Guy also wasted a great deal of his playing time at NCFC when it was clear he was not wanted/not good enough.

[quote user="ricardo"]On a par with Morison and Leeds have even got shot of him.Neither were every Premier class, a few flashes but overall can''t cut it.He came here for a pay day. If he wants a play day he needs to move back into his own class level, the Chumps.[/quote]But surely he wanted to move and Clueless Chris would not allow it ? Would much rather see him get a game than the waste of space Swede who really is just here for a pay day .

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"]On a par with Morison and Leeds have even got shot of him.Neither were every Premier class, a few flashes but overall can''t cut it.He came here for a pay day. If he wants a play day he needs to move back into his own class level, the Chumps.[/quote]But surely he wanted to move and Clueless Chris would not allow it ? Would much rather see him get a game than the waste of space Swede who really is just here for a pay day .[/quote]you really think that Elmander is a waste of space??? I suggest you learn about football...

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"]On a par with Morison and Leeds have even got shot of him.Neither were every Premier class, a few flashes but overall can''t cut it.He came here for a pay day. If he wants a play day he needs to move back into his own class level, the Chumps.[/quote]But surely he wanted to move and Clueless Chris would not allow it ? Would much rather see him get a game than the waste of space Swede who really is just here for a pay day .[/quote]Hopefully he will be gone soon and we can dispense with those who think he must be good because he "has a nice name". (oh deary me)It''s all a bit Cody McDonald but there''s still a few about who pine for him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="ricardo"]On a par with Morison and Leeds have even got shot of him.Neither were every Premier class, a few flashes but overall can''t cut it.He came here for a pay day. If he wants a play day he needs to move back into his own class level, the Chumps.[/quote]But surely he wanted to move and Clueless Chris would not allow it ? Would much rather see him get a game than the waste of space Swede who really is just here for a pay day .[/quote]you really think that Elmander is a waste of space??? I suggest you learn about football...[/quote]Give it up JAS, they make "Clueless Chris" look like a Master of the Universe.They are forever beyond your help.