Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The Black Panther

took striking to another level & with real dignity too, a rare truly a member of that far over used term, as being a world class player

Never saw him play live - but videos of his goals are amazing. RIP.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]For those of us that watched the immense talent of Eusebio it is sad to see his passing. RIP.[/quote]My first visit to Wembley was to see the England-Portugal World Cup semi-final. Eusebio scored a penalty but otherwise was marked out of the game by Nobby Stiles. Two players more contrasting you could not imagine.

I remember in that game Banks making a great save and Eusebio shaking him by the hand before trotting back to rejoin play.

cant recall that till but he did congratulate stepney on a save in the 68 european cup final

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]cant recall that till but he did congratulate stepney on a save in the 68 european cup final[/quote]

Thinking about it I may be having a senior moment and you right Zip. [:D]

At the risk of being controversial, he should get a round of applause before saturdays matches more than the politicians did.

Saw Eusebio play against Fulham 1973 in game that opened Eric Miller Stand i.e. Riverside. Also saw Fulham beat City 4-0 with Viv Busby notching a couple. No change then in results against Fulham however saw the light and supported City since 1982.

By the way Eusebio scored also saw Pele score in Alan Mullery testimonial.