Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Dutch Man City midfielder has just..........

.....reserved a room/suite in a Norfolk hotel for two days and intimated it could be for a bit longer too. This is a fact. I''m not a rumour geezer.

Only person I could imagine it could be is Karim Rekik. He''s not a midfielder, but could be good cover for central defence? Presuming he can get out of his loan to PSV Eindhoven of course.

Maybe a confusion of nationality and it''s Abdisalam Ibrahim - very promising Norwegian midfielder who has been told he can leave Man City this January. Would be very pleased if it is him.
Also, we know Henning Berg was scouting for Norwich and he''d certainly know about Ibrahim.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Maybe a confusion of nationality and it''s Abdisalam Ibrahim - very promising Norwegian midfielder who has been told he can leave Man City this January. Would be very pleased if it is him.
Also, we know Henning Berg was scouting for Norwich and he''d certainly know about Ibrahim.
[/quote]Or perhaps wrong Manchester club. Alexander Buttner perhaps? or perhaps it is total BS.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Maybe a confusion of nationality and it''s Abdisalam Ibrahim - very promising Norwegian midfielder who has been told he can leave Man City this January. Would be very pleased if it is him.
[/quote]

..I''ve just checked and this might be the case - the person isn''t too good on geography and names of countries it now seems :-) 100% a Man City player/booking though. I also don''t know the name either so I''ve no idea if it''s Ibrahim.

Abdisalam Ibrahim even.

Expected to be joining a French club (possibly St Etienne) on a free transfer in the window.

Also reported that Arsenal, Everton and Celtic are front runners!

Holland sounds bit like Spain & with a Spanish accent Manchester Citeh sounds like Chelski.

It''s Juan Mata!

[quote user="Scottlarock"].....reserved a room/suite in a Norfolk hotel for two days and intimated it could be for a bit longer too. This is a fact. I''m not a rumour geezer.[/quote]

THIS!^

[quote user="Kirkstall Yellow"]Yeah!! rumour time!! I''m in leeds and i heard we are going to sign their entire squad in exchange for Becchio![/quote]

NO! I MEANT THIS^^

Here you go ladies. This is the latest I could find on Ibrahim and what he had to say:

"I''m hoping my future is sorted out in the coming few weeks," Ibrahim told Sky Sports.

"I wanted to sign for a Premier League club but it looks like I could be going abroad as I am getting better proposals.

I just want to play regular football for a coach who will also develop me and improve my game.

I''m 22-years-old now, it''s not time for me to be just training and not having to be looking forward to a game on a Saturday."

Sounds plausible. I like this bit..

Ibrahim, whose playing style has been likened to Patrick Vieira and Yaya Toure, has recently returned to City after a successful spell on loan at Stromsgodset who he helped win the championship.

But we''ve already got Leroy Fer as our supposed Toure/Viera player. Could be Boyata I guess.

Why have one Toure/Vieira player when you can have two! I''ve long been hoping for a Tettey/ Fer midfield partnership and maybe this could be similar! Given his lack of experience but excellent pedigree, he''ll either be very good or very poor. I''d take the gamble at the mooted price.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Here is the original link. http://carrowroad.net/cnews/index.php?post=the-mill-starts-with-abdisalam-ibrahim No idea whether it''s true.[/quote]

I think it''s more a case of this thread is the source of information for that story - and considering I mentioned Ibrahim as a pure guess there isn''t much to this ''story''.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Here is the original link.

http://carrowroad.net/cnews/index.php?post=the-mill-starts-with-abdisalam-ibrahim

No idea whether it''s true.[/quote]

A two bob joke of a website that usually regurgitates stuff found on here - don''t get too excited

The standard of humour on here is still poor I don''t know why anyone tries to keep us posters informed even maybe spurious info.

So the website is a bad link, but the original rumour from an unreliable source on here still stands. I guess we''ll wait and see. You can guarantee we''ll be working on deals though.

We''ve been linked with him before in the Sun (yeah I know it''s only the Sun!) and Hughton does seem to revisit the same target if he doesn''t get them first time. There could be something in it.