Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Name the songs at Carrow Road......

Yesterday''s atmosphere was worse than the hospital morgue - it was so quiet you could hear the players shouting to each other on the pitch. It made me think how has the atmosphere changed from only a min of 3-4 years ago when it was a laugh to be in the stands - yes we have collated new fans and the issue is they know one song. Proven yesterday as apart from the awful ''we''re the baaaaarclay over here'' followed by ''we''re the snaaaaake pit over here'', OTBC was sung twice and that was it.

So... Lets name all the songs we used to sing and actually make a DECENT atmosphere:

Whose the pride of Anglia

Oh when the greens

One man went to war, went to war with Ipswich

If I had the wings of a sparrow

City til I die

When I was a kid I had some sense

Right lets get the rest......

Would''nt bother with this op, most of the posters on here can only flap there lap blankets as they sip bovril!!!

"Follow, Follow, Follow"

the awful ''we''re the baaaaarclay over here'' followed by ''we''re the snaaaaake pit over here'',

This makes me soooo cringe!!! Please can we not sing this again, I''d rather have no singing than having to acknowledge another part of the ground to try to make an atmosphere with such a pathetic song.

I think the main reason we have no decent songs is in days gone by, especially the standing era in the Barclay was you used to get the most vociferous fans would congregate together and lead the rest of the fans in the chants. Now we have a stand full of the silent majority only wanting to join in with the old traditional songs and no new invention.

Away fans make more noise because as said the vociferous stick together and lead the reat.

Maybe we need to make a block of 200 behing the goal in the Barclay that are the cheerleaders (mmmmm there''s a thought) who can generate some decent songs and atmosphere!!!

OTBC

Or...

I''m forever blowing bubbles ,,

pretty bubbles in the air ,,

they fly so high ,they reach the sky ,,

then like west ham they fade and die !

Tottenhams always running ,,

Arsenals running too!

We''re they Norwich Barclay and we''re running after you !!

Any body guess how old they are ?

Come in a taxi

You must have come in a taxi

If we lose, if we fail

Take it out on British Rail

[quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]Or...

I''m forever blowing bubbles ,,

pretty bubbles in the air ,,

they fly so high ,they reach the sky ,,

then like west ham they fade and die !

Tottenhams always running ,,

Arsenals running too!

We''re they Norwich Barclay and we''re running after you !!

The last line was ''we''re the Barclay boot boys running after you''

And if you want to carry on in that regard.

Your goin home i n a Norfolk ambulance!!!

Your gonna get your f...in head kicked in!!!

But to be honest I''m glad those days have gone!!!

OTBC

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah <insert player name > < player name > < insert player name >Always my favouriteAnd the "We''re the Snake Pit" followed by "We''re the Barcley" and then the 3 guys in the Jarold is pretty much cringe worthy.

I dont think it has anything to do with sitting rather than standing. I think its more down to stuff like Youtube and Skysports. With football being somewhat opened up and exposed to a mass audience the originality of fan songs is stale all over the place.How many of our songs are just rip off''s of other songs about other players sung by other teams ?I posted about a year ago complaining on originality and got shot down by people saying I was trying to write some kind of over complicated Christmas number one. I accept the average intelect and wit of a football fan is pretty low but even said, there are loads of cheap and cheerfull little numbers to work with.Maybe instead of all meeting to discuss how uselss Hootan is or when and where to deck opposition fans like minded fans should meet and form a little choir.That way regardless of seating arangements they can agree on a few funny little songs and belt them out at games.Oh wait ? thats a crap idea I applogise in advance to everyone who thinks our hymm book is sterling !! When lets face it. For the last season its been dire.Last good songs i remember were the Championship and even those were pretty tame.

Wake me up, Before you go go*silence for 5 seconds*Hootans attacking footy is so slow slow

Id rather be deadId rather be deadChrissy HoootanYour in over your head

Glorious contributions for the future right here. I want royalties.

99 Problems but the players aint oneFoxy and Bechio I feel bad for you son

We got 99 problems but the players aint one

( Jay Z 99 problems if yo want to get all rippity rappoty up in the Bershizzle or Snake Wizzle )

Nah Nah nah nah Nah nahCant cross itNah nah nah nah nah nahDont cross itNah nah nah nah nah nahWont cross it Nah nah nah nah nah nahSTOP.... REDMOND TIME( or could be STOP... SNODDY TIME )

MC Hammer / Hammer TimeSee all instant classics right here guys.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Nah Nah nah nah Nah nahCant cross itNah nah nah nah nah nahDont cross itNah nah nah nah nah nahWont cross it Nah nah nah nah nah nahSTOP.... REDMOND TIME( or could be STOP... SNODDY TIME )

MC Hammer / Hammer TimeSee all instant classics right here guys.[/quote]

Ahhhh the City supporter

[quote user="mr lister"]the awful ''we''re the baaaaarclay over here'' followed by ''we''re the snaaaaake pit over here'', This makes me soooo cringe!!! Please can we not sing this again, I''d rather have no singing than having to acknowledge another part of the ground to try to make an atmosphere with such a pathetic song. I think the main reason we have no decent songs is in days gone by, especially the standing era in the Barclay was you used to get the most vociferous fans would congregate together and lead the rest of the fans in the chants. Now we have a stand full of the silent majority only wanting to join in with the old traditional songs and no new invention. Away fans make more noise because as said the vociferous stick together and lead the reat. Maybe we need to make a block of 200 behing the goal in the Barclay that are the cheerleaders (mmmmm there''s a thought) who can generate some decent songs and atmosphere!!! OTBC[/quote]

Have you been to any away games lately!!!