Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Wolfswinkle doesn't offer anything

He has played a few games now but I don''t see what he brings to the table. He has no pace, no strength, no desire or hunger. I want him to succeed but I have no faith in him at the present time. Hopefully that will change. What do others think?

I personaly think he has more hunger than any other player. He runs like a mad dog some times and that probably is part of problem that he tries to prove himself too much.

He clearly has best touch from our strikers, he makes lot of good runs and in my opinion people who say he has no strength only see his slim figure. He has won many duels against big CB''s both ground and aerial.

He has same problem than our other strikers before him that we cant give him enough chances to convert. We need more those balls behind the back 4. Beyond few long range efforts Hooper haven''t done anything more than RvW and with our goal ratio people should look a bit more where the goals come from and not who scores them.

Maybe the good in him has been coached out, he was so unlucky with header just after half time today though and I still think he will keep us up.

I noticed in the 2nd half. He made a two or three wide runs into space in the box, but no sod passed to him.  IMO he needs more game time to get on the same wavelength as the other players. 

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Maybe I am being a bit harsh but I like to see a player break sweat and close down and chase back like Holt used to and Hooper does now.[/quote]

I like Hooper but he is not a good example of someone who works hard at closing people down and tracking back.

RVW works much, much harder in that department.

RvW''s work rate today was excellent but he tired in the second half. Made excellent runs which unfortunately were not utilised by our ball carriers! Did everything that Hooper has done recently bar score and it was only the brilliance of their GK that he didn''t.

I do suggest many of you are looking for him to be a flop and are looking for any excuse to critcise him. He is class.

It is clear some are either not truly watching what he is doing or just simply don''t understand. Give the guy a break!

Why does everyone expect every striker to play like Holt?

Firstly, RVW is not lazy. At all. Cannot believe anyone can claim that.

Secondly. has no one noticed how many strikers get called lazy these days? Just us, recent history. Martin. Morison and now RVW. So, how do these ''lazy'' strikers keep getting games? Perhaps that aren''t lazy and some people just don''t understand why they aren''t chasing every lost cause like Holt and warring themselves out.

RVW isn''t lazy, and even if he was ''lazy'' in the same way many claimed Moro and Martin were, it''s a style of striker. Not actually them being lazy, or they wouldn''t be playing top league football.

hes not strong enough for this league, and he looks a bit lazy when you want him to chase the ball down sometimes. things that can change, clearly has the technique

but it can often take foreign players a season to get used to the division, and hes been out a while with injury.

hoopers played here before, and has shoulders like a builder, always going to be easier for him

all things said and done we could have van persie and he would struggle for goals under hughton

"morty"

I seriously question why I even keep coming here sometimes....

Masochistic?

[quote user="morty"]I seriously question why I even keep coming here sometimes....[/quote]

I would suggest that it''s because, once in a while, you find yourself pleasantly surprised to come across a Victor Meldrew. [:D]

[quote user="Lavanche"]I personaly think he has more hunger than any other player. He runs like a mad dog some times and that probably is part of problem that he tries to prove himself too much.

He clearly has best touch from our strikers, he makes lot of good runs and in my opinion people who say he has no strength only see his slim figure. He has won many duels against big CB''s both ground and aerial.

He has same problem than our other strikers before him that we cant give him enough chances to convert. We need more those balls behind the back 4. Beyond few long range efforts Hooper haven''t done anything more than RvW and with our goal ratio people should look a bit more where the goals come from and not who scores them.[/quote]Everyone is entitled to their opinion but have you watched any games?. His first touch is abysmal, especially in those early games, he reminded me of Dean Coney. I actually think he has the worst touch of all our strikers. He needs a run of games but unfortunately we cannot carry any passengers. Having no reserve team is a real problem.

[quote user="Herman "]"morty"

I seriously question why I even keep coming here sometimes....

Masochistic?[/quote]
I think it must be lol.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="morty"]I seriously question why I even keep coming here sometimes....[/quote]

I would suggest that it''s because, once in a while, you find yourself pleasantly surprised to come across a Victor Meldrew. [:D][/quote]
Ha.
Youre not actually my least favourite american poster any more[;)]

Barossa: Well I have watched almost all games he have played for us.

There is nothing abysmal in his touches and compared to Hooper for example he is in another level what comes handling difficult passes.

Lad has good technique.

I don''t personally think he looks like he enjoys playing as a lone striker, reminds me a bit of Torres in that role when I watch him. Would like to see him given a game up front with Elmander to see if they could form a partnership as they''re both quite clever players. If he was relieved from having to try and win the ball in the air and hold it up for team mates with his back to goal I think he''d start providing far more problems getting in behind the opposition''s back line.Out of interest when does everyone think Ricky will actually end his goal drought and how many goals do you think he''ll get this season?

He is struggling to adapt to the English game due to being light weight he needs to get into the gym to bulk up

It can''t help either that is Wag is really struggling to settle in England as well and is spending increasing amounts of time out of the country

[quote user="morty"]I seriously question why I even keep coming here sometimes....[/quote]

You could start a thread asking this question morty.

Might be quite an interesting one.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Barossa - did you actually ever watch Dean Coney? Perhaps you need a different sport to follow.[/quote]I''m 41 and yes did watch Dean Coney, lots of running around with minimal touches.........could not trap a bag of cement.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Barossa: Well I have watched almost all games he have played for us.

There is nothing abysmal in his touches and compared to Hooper for example he is in another level what comes handling difficult passes.

Lad has good technique.[/quote]Watch us against Stoke again and let me know if you feel the same. The co-comentator actually mentioned that he is a real worry because he is failing to do even the basics right.