Sign in to follow this  
pete

Guttierez

Rumours CH after Jonas G from Newcastle along with QPR. Pardew seems will let go. Ch knows from time at Newcastle a good option on the left. However wages might be a bit high can we get on loan maybe getting toom long in the tooth for permanent move.

The reason he hasn''t played is because if he reaches a set number of appearances it triggers a clause in his contract where he gets a new contract and a big pay day.

Works hard, retains the ball......

For an extra body in there I don''t think he will let anyone down but not if a lot of money.

Needs to play and apparently some kind of contract payout if he plays more for Newcastle so better for all parties if he comes and does well before the end of the season.

Assuming its a bargain he would work well with Olsson for sure and enable redmond to play on the right.

A left winger ...... on the left wing ....... who can deliver balls with his left foot ...... who can beat players at ease at times .......... and who can cross a ball quite effectively.

I don''t think I would mind too much if the money was right.

If the money side is OK and he is fit, I''d have thought he would be a good addition - experienced EPL player, Argentinian international, would surely strengthen the squad?

Guttierez isn''t a bad player but if we go and buy a 30 year-old journeyman left winger after the performance Josh Murphy put in against Fulham on Saturday we may as well just give up on the pretense of having a youth team altogether.

this is the sort of rumour that worries me - not that I dont rate jonas.

however it suggests that the other rumours about pilkington moving on may have some merit in them. I would rather have pilks and woud rather we spent the extra cash raising his wages to keep him here.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Guttierez isn''t a bad player but if we go and buy a 30 year-old journeyman left winger after the performance Josh Murphy put in against Fulham on Saturday we may as well just give up on the pretense of having a youth team altogether. [/quote]

THIS

He is not bad player at all. Would strenghten the team if he wouldn''t bring anything fancy. He certainly is a player who works for the team and instead of trying to do everything on his own tries to feed the strikers. Something we lack on the wings.

A bit too slow for my taste, but if he is playing when Snoddy isn''t that shouldn''t change anything.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Guttierez isn''t a bad player but if we go and buy a 30 year-old journeyman left winger after the performance Josh Murphy put in against Fulham on Saturday we may as well just give up on the pretense of having a youth team altogether.
[/quote]

He''s played for 3 clubs in a 12/13 year professional career.

"Journeyman"

I''d be happy to see him here. He''s an experienced and proven top flight player.

As others have said, he might not be a particularly eye-catching player but we''ve got to battle hard to stay in the Prem and his experience could be very handy to have.

In that respect he''ll have things to offer that a youngster (like Josh Murphy) probably won''t.

I was hoping to go for Stephen Taylor from Newcastle. Not getting much gsme time there. Certainly could do a job here.

Whilst he''d never be an inspiring signing, for the right price he could be just the sort of player needed to try to get more end product out of our younger wingers.I''d rather we looked elsewhere tbh, but there are much worse players we could be linked with (Heitinga for example...)

Actually in some ways this could be good. As CJF says you wouldn''t necessarily want to play him and Snodgrass but if Hughton wants one side of the pitch to be more defensive then at least this gives the option of playing Redmond on the right.

I''ve always liked Gutierrez, very skill-full and can be quite a threat from the left.

Good back up, more strength in the side to cover injuries. Don''t rate him to progress us, but would be a good squad player for now