Sign in to follow this  
alan32

Mark Bunn

Really sorry but just don''t rate him. Fills me with fear every time he plays and when the balls in the air he is like Dracula (hates Crosses) as proved yesterday. When the teams come out after the warm up just before KO he never warms up just walks around his area bouncing the ball around hardly great preparation for the game. Team mates were looking daggers at him after the goal yesterday and for sometime after as well. Made 2 saves that any keeper should make. Please discuss he is yet another disappointing Houghton signing

Hughton bought him as back up. He''s ok but has limitations. Guess he will be third choice when Declan comes back.

I disagree completely . I think he has some strengths that Ruddy does not . His close range shot stopping is better for one , and the way Ruddy has been making fairly basic errors lately , I am surprised to see him getting so much criticism.

On top of that , Ruddy is still struggling to reach anything like the standard that he was playing at before his injury last season ,, and in fact he gives me the jitters more than Bunn.

[quote user="GJP"]Nonsense.

Ruddy is far superior in every aspect.[/quote]

Sorry but its not nonsense ...as you would know if you ever turned up at CR ,,,you really don''t get the full picture watching on the radio .

Ruddy is not superior in every respect as you suggest , possibly a better overall keeper ,,, but a long way from perfect , or the best keeper that we have had in the squad .

That was for your information , so that you can make some more accurate contribution in the future .

I was at the Everton away game last year (the one where JR got his injury) with my inlaws who are all Everton ST''s. We had this meal/chat/crap thing before the match which was hosted by old pro''s - a bit tedious so I went to watch the keepers warm up.This was the proper warm up they do about an hour before kick off, not the limber up with the rest of the team that happens with 10 mins to go.I watched them both for about 30 minutes shot stopping, high crosses, low crosses, pens, long shots, 1 on 1''s, etc and as other posters have said, John Ruddy is far superior in EVERY way to Mark Bunn. He is just so much better.

What about Carlo Nash !He gets bought he and made 3rd choice, why doesnt Hootan give him a go ?  Why dont the fans give Nashy the love they give other lost causes like Bechio and Foxy ?

Barclay - I''ve barely missed a game in a decade.

I just have far better understanding than you

Bunn will not be here next season only on a 2 year contract like Turner. Dec saved pen yesterday something Greeno never managed as a City player.

Bunn is a decent enough keeper, certainly good enough as PL back-up, but IMO just isn''t quite big enough a unit unlike JR and I''d not really ''trust'' him as outright number 1. I''m pretty sure Declan will be back-up (at least) next season.

Made one mistake, let''s not forget how well he performed for us at times last year. Great back-up IMO