Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Wilfred Zaha

I have a feeling more Premier League clubs will be linked to him than not by the end of the window - Holloway said they agreed a first refusal on any loans Zaha made in the first couple of seasons after he was sold to Man U.

Also Zaha has said he doesn''t want to go out on loan yet. I have a feeling this is some pure speculation from Sky Sports but would be very happy to have Zaha on board for the 2nd half of the season.

Really don''t see the point in bringing Zaha in, We have Redmond and bringing in another raw, young winger will just block the path of Josh Murphy who I think has earnt the right to be given a chance in the prem.

With Pilks coming back and Snoddy back fit again I really don;t see a winger as a priority.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Really don''t see the point in bringing Zaha in, We have Redmond and bringing in another raw, young winger will just block the path of Josh Murphy who I think has earnt the right to be given a chance in the prem. With Pilks coming back and Snoddy back fit again I really don;t see a winger as a priority.[/quote]

Didn''t Zaha play most of his games for Palace through the centre? I know Man U have put him on the wing, as he did in his one game for England, but he is good enough to go more central.

He was further ahead of Redmond in his development, so 2 or 3 steps ahead of the Murphy''s. While I''m all for developing the twins, Norwich need points quickly and Zaha would offer a great, speedy option up front or great competition for Snodgrass and Pilks who have been off form or injured pretty much all of the season.

Really don''t see a need for him currently. He''s essentially just another Redmond but (this may be slightly controversial) from what I''ve seen so far I think Redmond is better. Also, with the imminent return of Pilks and Bennett as well as Josh Murphy breaking into the first team we will have 5 wingers at our disposal in a month or so. I fail to see what Zaha will bring...

I think he offers a slightly different threat to Redmond and Josh because he''s a bit bigger and stronger, a bit more powerful perhaps.

Hasn''t worked out at Utd for him yet but you could see when he played at Carrow Road 3 or 4 years ago that he''s got something.

I know people would be a bit put out with the possibility of Josh featuring less but you''d have to think that our squad would be stronger for having Zaha as part of it than not.

I''d take him as an option out wide, but i''d try reinvent him in behind the main striker. I think he''s got all the attributes to succeed there.