Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

If 'so many' want him gone.....

[quote user="Vanwink"]Jimbo_Canary wrote the following post at 05/01/2014 10:58 AM:

Vanwink wrote:

You don''t need to chant his name for him to stay, he just stays!

Okay Mr Vanwink, chant and sing his name like we did for Lambert.

Interested to listen to 5 live tonight Jimbo, there was a Villa fan rang in, and was he angry.

Apparently he has been a Villa fan and regular season ticket holder for 30 years,the footy is so bad there now that he is not going to renew, he ain''t going to take his son there anymore either.

Lambo is the worst manager they have had and all he is interested in is his own pay cheque.......apparently?

I think THEY may well be chanting his name shortly?[/quote]

You''re dodging Jimbo''s point. This isn''t about what Lambert is doing now, its about the fact that we don''t have people chanting Hughton''s name like we did Lambert''s. Something that I suspect you realised but chose to counter with that flimsy reply as it doesn''t fit your argument.

Far from it Wazza

We do hear the crowd chant Hughtons name but no where near as much as we did with Lambo.

Do you think some of that has to do with the great job Lambo did of getting us up.

I have no doubt that there are a large group of fans who are not particularly keen on a Hughton, myself being one and in the past I have found numerous sticks to beat him with! it''s not difficult to do.

The point is though I do think he will keep us up and that given time and funds things will improve. He has now done enough to deserve his place no more no less.

[quote user="Vanwink"]

Interested to listen to 5 live tonight Jimbo, there was a Villa fan rang in, and was he angry.

Apparently he has been a Villa fan and regular season ticket holder for 30 years,the footy is so bad there now that he is not going to renew, he ain''t going to take his son there anymore either.

Lambo is the worst manager they have had and all he is interested in is his own pay cheque.......apparently?

I think THEY may well be chanting his name shortly?[/quote]They have a 128 page thread titled "why Paul Lambert should get the sack". They really are not happy, 90% want him gone according to thishttp://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10485-why-paul-lambert-should-get-the-sack/

Barossa wrote the following post at 05/01/2014 11:07 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

Interested to listen to 5 live tonight Jimbo, there was a Villa fan rang in, and was he angry. Apparently he has been a Villa fan and regular season ticket holder for 30 years,the footy is so bad there now that he is not going to renew, he ain''t going to take his son there anymore either. Lambo is the worst manager they have had and all he is interested in is his own pay cheque.......apparently? I think THEY may well be chanting his name shortly?

They have a 128 page thread titled "why Paul Lambert should get the sack". They really are not happy, 90% want him gone according to this

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/10485-why-paul-lambert-should-get-the-sack/

Looks like they''ve cloned our board and cut and pasted the posts

[quote user="Vanwink"]Far from it Wazza

We do hear the crowd chant Hughtons name but no where near as much as we did with Lambo.

Do you think some of that has to do with the great job Lambo did of getting us up.

I have no doubt that there are a large group of fans who are not particularly keen on a Hughton, myself being one and in the past I have found numerous sticks to beat him with! it''s not difficult to do.

The point is though I do think he will keep us up and that given time and funds things will improve. He has now done enough to deserve his place no more no less.[/quote]

I sit in the middle of where the noise comes from in the Barclay and I don''t think I''ve heard a chant celebrating Hughtons name all season.

You just had to look at the apathy at the Fulham cup game most season ticket holders just didn''t turn up. Seats taken by plastic fans

Magic of the cup my Ar@e same old rubbish from hughton and the majority of those who turn up weeks in week out didn''t want to part with their hard end cash. Atmosphere at most games is now flat.

Only when is he replaced will the noise level return to the Carra he is ripping the club apart with the way he is running the club

Can you remember a time with Lambert when they place was being torn apart by inners and outers?

BarclayWazza wrote the following post at 06/01/2014 4:12 AM:

Vanwink wrote:
Far from it Wazza

The point is though I do think he will keep us up and that given time and funds things will improve. He has now done enough to deserve his place no more no less.

I sit in the middle of where the noise comes from in the Barclay and I don''t think I''ve heard a chant celebrating Hughtons name all season. "

There have been a few from the snakepit, but not many.

I think he hasn''t been bad enough for it to really kick off yet. He''s not having the best of times at the moment, but we''re still 15th and clear of the bottom three, so no panicking yet. Another couple of losses and the voices will be heard.

You are asking for reasons why the fans chanted Lambert''s name and don''t do the same for Hughton ?Well, the fact is that of the 3 seasons PL was in charge we had one where we walked League One, the second where we got promotion to the Prem, and the third where we stayed IN the Prem with some ease. Under the Hughton administration, we''ve stayed in the Prem by the skin of our teeth last season, and look to be achieviong the same, at best, again this.Is it any wonder then that Lambert was more popular with the fans ?Now, I''m not trying to suggest that a season in Lge One is the same as one in the Prem, and, quite frankly, I''m not terribly interested what PL has done at Villa, nor what the AV fans think of him, but the fact is that fans will always idolise players and managers that win them promotions and trophies.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You are asking for reasons why the fans chanted Lambert''s name and don''t do the same for Hughton ?Well, the fact is that of the 3 seasons PL was in charge we had one where we walked League One, the second where we got promotion to the Prem, and the third where we stayed IN the Prem with some ease. Under the Hughton administration, we''ve stayed in the Prem by the skin of our teeth last season, and look to be achieviong the same, at best, again this.Is it any wonder then that Lambert was more popular with the fans ?Now, I''m not trying to suggest that a season in Lge One is the same as one in the Prem, and, quite frankly, I''m not terribly interested what PL has done at Villa, nor what the AV fans think of him, but the fact is that fans will always idolise players and managers that win them promotions and trophies.[/quote]You took the words out of my mouth Reg.However your post is far too sensible for some on here to handle.A win against a big boy would make a difference but we are unlikely to ever win more games than we lose in this league. Even when Lambert was here there would be booing if we failed to win.The new reality is still too unpalatable for some to swallow. If a new man comes in it will be the same after the honeymoon period. Nothing ever changes in that respect.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]You just had to look at the apathy at the Fulham cup game most season ticket holders just didn''t turn up. Seats taken by plastic fans

Magic of the cup my Ar@e same old rubbish from hughton and the majority of those who turn up weeks in week out didn''t want to part with their hard end cash. Atmosphere at most games is now flat.

Only when is he replaced will the noise level return to the Carra he is ripping the club apart with the way he is running the club

Can you remember a time with Lambert when they place was being torn apart by inners and outers?[/quote]

You need to look at this thread;

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1840097/ShowPost.aspx

For what its worth nobody that sits near me wants him to stay, there is an apathy and if he continues to do just enough I guess people cannot justify getting angry to the degree of protest.

I don''t buy the "its the premier league like it or lump it" argument even the sides below us in the league (with the exception of West Ham) play with passion and entertain the fans even if they don''t win.

I don''t personally believe it has anything to do with our performances against the big boys, nobody expects anything, its against the teams around us at the bottom of the league that we would hope for more inspiring performances.

Somebody originally asked why no protests etc at the games. I am still inclined to the view that Hughton is not the man to take us forward and that we may well be relegated this season should we fail to continue to scrape a few meagre results here and there which is all we seem to be capable of. But rather than raking over those still warm coals I would never protest at a game, not because I can''t be bothered, but because I support my club and come what may I want the team to win. Protesting etc will just undermine that and worse may lead to some of those better players on whom either Hughton or any successor would need to rely to get us out of trouble leaving. Moreover, just because I am happy to debate this question on the internet or at the pub or over a slice of Xmas turkey doesn''t mean I feel the need to wave a placard in my seat.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]For what its worth nobody that sits near me wants him to stay, there is an apathy and if he continues to do just enough I guess people cannot justify getting angry to the degree of protest.

I don''t buy the "its the premier league like it or lump it" argument even the sides below us in the league (with the exception of West Ham) play with passion and entertain the fans even if they don''t win.

I don''t personally believe it has anything to do with our performances against the big boys, nobody expects anything, its against the teams around us at the bottom of the league that we would hope for more inspiring performances.[/quote]

By the very nature of whats at stake in the Premier League, those games are never likely to be inspiring.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You are asking for reasons why the fans chanted Lambert''s name and don''t do the same for Hughton ?Well, the fact is that of the 3 seasons PL was in charge we had one where we walked League One, the second where we got promotion to the Prem, and the third where we stayed IN the Prem with some ease. Under the Hughton administration, we''ve stayed in the Prem by the skin of our teeth last season, and look to be achieviong the same, at best, again this.Is it any wonder then that Lambert was more popular with the fans ?Now, I''m not trying to suggest that a season in Lge One is the same as one in the Prem, and, quite frankly, I''m not terribly interested what PL has done at Villa, nor what the AV fans think of him, but the fact is that fans will always idolise players and managers that win them promotions and trophies.[/quote] You overlook the pont that under Lambert we looked like we could beat anyone, whereas under Hughton we look like we can be beaten by anyone (ie Luton)Lambert had a passion about him that seemed to mirror the fans own passion, belief and desire. Hughton looks like he doesn''t want to be here and is merely seeing out his time.With Lambert it mattered little what the score was, it was always about getting/grabbing a win. With Hughton is appears that it is better to lose 2-1 than to fight back and risk losing 3-1. The only notable exception was when the players disregarded his instructions and attacked Everton, winning 2-1 in the process.Because there is no evident protest don''t be deluded that many would not heave a sigh of relief if he left. However most realise that any disruption now would be detrimental to the cause of staying up. The finances are so skewed that the long term development of the club is dependant upon us remaining in the PL for the next couple of seasons at least. Those seasons will see youngsters coming through and should put us into a stronger position to attract top players as not all will have to come through via costly transfers.We now need at least another 5 wins to give us a chance of staying up, and after the dismal displays over Xmas I''m finding it hard to see where they are coming from, as are many others - who are maybe biting their nails and biting their lip hoping that by some miracle we wheeze over the line to safety.It shouldn''t be this way, and the apologists should stop conjuring up silly excuses to say why it should be.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You are asking for reasons why the fans chanted Lambert''s name and don''t do the same for Hughton ?Well, the fact is that of the 3 seasons PL was in charge we had one where we walked League One, the second where we got promotion to the Prem, and the third where we stayed IN the Prem with some ease. Under the Hughton administration, we''ve stayed in the Prem by the skin of our teeth last season, and look to be achieviong the same, at best, again this.Is it any wonder then that Lambert was more popular with the fans ?Now, I''m not trying to suggest that a season in Lge One is the same as one in the Prem, and, quite frankly, I''m not terribly interested what PL has done at Villa, nor what the AV fans think of him, but the fact is that fans will always idolise players and managers that win them promotions and trophies.[/quote] You overlook the pont that under Lambert we looked like we could beat anyone, whereas under Hughton we look like we can be beaten by anyone (ie Luton)Lambert had a passion about him that seemed to mirror the fans own passion, belief and desire. Hughton looks like he doesn''t want to be here and is merely seeing out his time.With Lambert it mattered little what the score was, it was always about getting/grabbing a win. With Hughton is appears that it is better to lose 2-1 than to fight back and risk losing 3-1. The only notable exception was when the players disregarded his instructions and attacked Everton, winning 2-1 in the process.Because there is no evident protest don''t be deluded that many would not heave a sigh of relief if he left. However most realise that any disruption now would be detrimental to the cause of staying up. The finances are so skewed that the long term development of the club is dependant upon us remaining in the PL for the next couple of seasons at least. Those seasons will see youngsters coming through and should put us into a stronger position to attract top players as not all will have to come through via costly transfers.We now need at least another 5 wins to give us a chance of staying up, and after the dismal displays over Xmas I''m finding it hard to see where they are coming from, as are many others - who are maybe biting their nails and biting their lip hoping that by some miracle we wheeze over the line to safety.It shouldn''t be this way, and the apologists should stop conjuring up silly excuses to say why it should be.

[/quote]Oh dear, what about the games under Lambert that we didn''t look like winning are they to be forgotten as they fit your version of history. 

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Also forgotten how we were losing 2-1 at Arsenal and Hughton went for it. We lost 4-1 but had a go. Again, that dies t fit the prejudice profile does it.[/quote]"And Hughton went for it " !In what way might I ask ? A change of playing style/tactics ? Thoughtful substitutions ?Maybe when next at a game you might care to watch Hughton. I have seen dead sheep with more animation than HughtonLast summer I sat in the Main Stand to watch Real Sociadad. One thing that struck me about Hughton was his almost not commital to the minute by minute running of the game. I cannot say what he does at Colney but only a complete idiot would claim that Hughton has any serious input into the game as he readily admitted after the Everton game.If you are going to offer up excuses then at least make them based upon reality ................... or could it be that there aren''t any ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Also forgotten how we were losing 2-1 at Arsenal and Hughton went for it. We lost 4-1 but had a go. Again, that dies t fit the prejudice profile does it.[/quote]"And Hughton went for it " !In what way might I ask ? A change of playing style/tactics ? Thoughtful substitutions ?Maybe when next at a game you might care to watch Hughton. I have seen dead sheep with more animation than HughtonLast summer I sat in the Main Stand to watch Real Sociadad. One thing that struck me about Hughton was his almost not commital to the minute by minute running of the game. I cannot say what he does at Colney but only a complete idiot would claim that Hughton has any serious input into the game as he readily admitted after the Everton game.If you are going to offer up excuses then at least make them based upon reality ................... or could it be that there aren''t any ?

[/quote]Don''t get me wrong C1st, I''m basically with you on this. But my only point in the earlier posting was that the fans had something (eg two promotions and a positive first Prem season) to hang their hat on with Lambert, but have had no such peg with Hughton. So, of course Lambert will win hands down on that score.Cannot see this "doesn''t fit into your version events" stuff from Cambs an others. The fact is, whether they like it or not is we''ve failed abjectly to impose ourselves on the vast majority of games where CH has been in charge. OK there were similar events under PL, but under Hughton it''s been the rule rather than the exception.What matters  as regards this subject is purely the PERCEPTION that fans have. I''m sure that the apologists will say that all these fans have got it all wrong, and in truth Hughton is a "Brazil of the 70''s/ score more than you" type of guy. But the more realistic of us know what the truth is.