Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

If 'so many' want him gone.....

Then why is there no protests at games etc?

Is there just a loud minority that actually want home gone?

Are there just many attention seekers?

It only seems that on here and Facebook that people voice their wish for CH to leave. Are they hoping he reads the pinkun and Facebook and thinks I''ll resign in the morning or DM will sack him from posters on here?

Surely if enough people wanted him actually gone there would be banners and protests??

Far too many people think that the only way of carrying out a conversation or to communicate with each other is by way of Twatter or Facebook.I reckon some reckon their heart would stop beating if their mobile phone was surgically removed from their hand. [;)]

I think you won''t see that sort of thing whilst we are outside the drop zone.

Lots of people grumble about the dull style, lack of goals, poor tactics and CH not getting enough out of the squad he has but this isn''t enough to spark protests.

It''s the English way. Moan and whine about how crap everything is but do nothing about it.

[quote user="alartz"]Have you already made the banners and signs?

Are they in your garage?

You start the protest then hundreds will follow you[/quote]

Pens at the ready...

Not really, I''m happy for him to stay but I trust the board.

If they keep him then I support him and if the sack him then it will be for a real reason and I will support the next manager

In an act of sheer frustration (have been pro hughton so far) I shouted hughton out at the final whistle yesterday and got so many dirty looks That I was waiting to be thrown over the edge to the Barclay lower. Think it''s only 5% that want him gone tbf.

We are doing well enough to avoid any overt reaction against the manager, just low level grumbling is all that is there. It''s always bubbling under the surface of course, you can see people sitting there desperate for an opportunity to leap up and abuse Hughton at most games, but we are just not that bad,

This board shows a tiny unrepresentative IMO sample of opinion with lots of different hares running all at the same time.

For what reason did you want him out Flying High? The result or the performance?

I don''t think he can win really. He gets results i.e. Palace and gets slated for the performance and then when thenperformance is there but not the result I.e. Yesterday and man utd he gets slated for the result

Chris Hughton comes across as a ''nice'' person, with integrity & loyalty. It is difficult to protest against someone you like.

Our current situation, in my opinion, is uncomfortable rather than serious. The rumblings of discontent are the signs that what is being produced is not as hoped.

The situation under Worthington, Roeder et al was far more serious, hence the support for protest was far greater.

If the majority want him to stay why are they not chanting his name in praise?

[quote user="Vanwink"]You don''t need to chant his name for him to stay, he just stays![/quote]

Okay Mr Vanwink, chant and sing his name like we did for Lambert.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have heard "Chris Hughtons Green / Yellow Army" and never heard "Only one Chris Hughton"( Bear in mind 2 of those approximate 4 times were vs Villa )This speaks more volume than the Hughton out chants.There have been numerous "You dont know what your doing" chantsWould be nice to hear a "Hughton Out" chant. Maybe this will happen when we beat Fulham at Craven Cottege and play the Binners at home only to lose 3-0 ?

"There have been numerous "You dont know what your doing" chants".

Yeah, like when Hooper had to come off because of a hamstring problem. With RvW back and Hooper doing well, I think results will be much better over the second half of the season. Everton away will be difficult, but Hull and Newcastle at home and Cardiff away will give us a much better indication.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I can count on one hand the amount of times I have heard "Chris Hughtons Green / Yellow Army" and never heard "Only one Chris Hughton"( Bear in mind 2 of those approximate 4 times were vs Villa )This speaks more volume than the Hughton out chants.There have been numerous "You dont know what your doing" chantsWould be nice to hear a "Hughton Out" chant. Maybe this will happen when we beat Fulham at Craven Cottege and play the Binners at home only to lose 3-0 ?[/quote]

Ground bait. [:D]

Because many like me believe he should go , however , feel that our existence is somewhat fragile at the moment , have no desire to upset the status quo with the result being worse , and leave it to the board , with whom I personally have some faith , to sort it out in a correct fashion ...

As for the comment on this thread that when shouting out against Hughton after yesterdays game , received some stern looks ....that would be because the crowd was largely made up of casuals who in fact have not been suffering the dire fayre served up week after week under this manager .

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]"There have been numerous "You dont know what your doing" chants".

Yeah, like when Hooper had to come off because of a hamstring problem. With RvW back and Hooper doing well, I think results will be much better over the second half of the season. Everton away will be difficult, but Hull and Newcastle at home and Cardiff away will give us a much better indication.[/quote]No those were boos.One sounds like this  : "You dont know what your doning"The other sounds like this " Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"Get your ears checked perhaps ?

I think many fans are like me in that they aren''t happy with Hughton but realise that we''re in one of the best Leagues on the planet and we''ve still got a squad of players of whom only  3 or 4 at the most would interest a top 10 club!

Also those who think that Macky would come in like a god and turn us into worldbeaters with his magicwand are dreaming!

I think Mackay could very well motivate the players more and coach better attacking ways into the squad but would he?

While we''re out of the bottom 3 Hughton will just about keep his job going and I genuniely think despite the limitations we can stay up as we are but it won''t be easy and in reality it never was going to be!

Kingsway

Exactly the way I and pretty much all of my NCFC supporting friends see things.

I think we need to be very careful what we wish for...a wrong move by the board here just to mollify the not very vocal minority could negatively affect us for years. If they do sack him the replacement needs to be better than McKay. And I don''t know who that could be

Hughton keeps doing just enough to keep his job. We keep having so called "must win" games which are disputed and then downgraded to "must not lose". So we draw against our lower PL competitors and this keeps the faith for many. It''s about aspirations. I have said consistently that Hughton will keep us up (just) but the price is a poor style. IMO he is not the man to lead us forward. He will continue to do just enough...the odd point or two away and the odd win at home is just enough because there are three worse teams than us. Sadly I fear many people will simply accept 17th place as a good finish...but shouldn''t we expect more than that?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="ricardo"]

Ground bait. [:D][/quote]Was a good day yesterday Ricardo :D[/quote]Every day is a good day on here.I''m told it''s because the fish have a limited short term memory which is proved by getting hooked time and time again.You''ll need you gaff when the big fish arrive.[:D]

"so many" don''t want him gone... its a minority, a minority of fans who have become vain and spoilt since Lambert.what the majority want is a Premiership side, which Hughton will give us...if the football is boring blame Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for making every other side cautious on their approach.if we went gung ho all out attack we''d be rock bottom right now.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"so many" don''t want him gone... its a minority, a minority of fans who have become vain and spoilt since Lambert.what the majority want is a Premiership side, which Hughton will give us...if the football is boring blame Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for making every other side cautious on their approach.if we went gung ho all out attack we''d be rock bottom right now.[/quote]Pointless JAS, they don''t want to hear that it only makes them angry.So many want a scapegoat because their expectations haven''t been met.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]"so many" don''t want him gone... its a minority, a minority of fans who have become vain and spoilt since Lambert.what the majority want is a Premiership side, which Hughton will give us...if the football is boring blame Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool for making every other side cautious on their approach.if we went gung ho all out attack we''d be rock bottom right now.[/quote]Pointless JAS, they don''t want to hear that it only makes them angry.So many want a scapegoat because their expectations haven''t been met.[/quote]agreed Ricardo, we aren''t banging on the door of the champions league and both our strikers haven’t got 20 goals each yet.. unacceptable...

[quote user="Feed the Wolf"]Hughton keeps doing just enough to keep his job. We keep having so called "must win" games which are disputed and then downgraded to "must not lose". So we draw against our lower PL competitors and this keeps the faith for many. It''s about aspirations. I have said consistently that Hughton will keep us up (just) but the price is a poor style. IMO he is not the man to lead us forward. He will continue to do just enough...the odd point or two away and the odd win at home is just enough because there are three worse teams than us. Sadly I fear many people will simply accept 17th place as a good finish...but shouldn''t we expect more than that?[/quote]

Why on earth should we expect more than that? We are a lower half premier league club at the moment - for long periods we have been so much less and would have dreamt of that. And there isn''t very much between any of those bottom half clubs at all really is there?

The style is exactly the same style as pretty much any of those lower half teams play. But I think some of our fans think we are much further down the development track than we actually currently are. These I suspect are the same ones who lambast Elmander and slag off RVW on the basis of a few injury plagued months. Probably also those who sit near me every week screaming at Snodgrass to Eff Off.

If we can find a Pochettino then it might be worth upgrading manager but I am afraid if we sack him we are taking a huge risk. Hughton will keep us in this division in my view - and at this point that is plenty enough for me.

I guess my bigger concern is that a rash move now followed by a poor replacement could undo very quickly the huge strides we have made over the past 5 years.

I say again - we should be very careful what we wish for.

Jimbo_Canary wrote the following post at 05/01/2014 10:58 AM:

Vanwink wrote:

You don''t need to chant his name for him to stay, he just stays!

Okay Mr Vanwink, chant and sing his name like we did for Lambert.

Interested to listen to 5 live tonight Jimbo, there was a Villa fan rang in, and was he angry.

Apparently he has been a Villa fan and regular season ticket holder for 30 years,the footy is so bad there now that he is not going to renew, he ain''t going to take his son there anymore either.

Lambo is the worst manager they have had and all he is interested in is his own pay cheque.......apparently?

I think THEY may well be chanting his name shortly?

This is what really p155es me off about those that aren''t after Hughton''s head. Fact is we finished 11th last season then went out and had the 7th highest net spend over the summer. But no, we should be happy just to be here and be satisfied with 17th.

We''ve improved in every area on the field but the negative tactics, use of opposable wingers meaning we rarely get a dangerous ball in the box and inability to make tactical changes or substitutions to change games are 3 glaringly obvious reasons why we need an improvement on manager.

4 clubs down the bottom have changed their manager recently. All 4 have seen an improvement in play and only Sunderland are still struggling with results. The way I see it is if we keep Hughton, we''re not going to improve and there''s a real chance he could take us down. Either way we''re served up the uninspiring tosh we''ve had to put up with for the last 18 months. The alternative is a change which might be a risk, but as I believe the players are good enough to keep us up, no more of a risk than keeping him in. And if things go well then we actually progress. We''ve missed the boat with Solskjaer, but there are others still out there.