Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Another Nail in the West Ham Coffin

They have just signed Roger Johnson on loan from Wolves. He was at Birmingham then they got relegated. he went on a big money move to Wolves then they got relegated. Now West ham wonder if history will repeat itself

Quite a come down from Joleen Lescott who they were supposedly signing. West Ham are in big trouble - their season is going to rely on Andy Carroll''s form when he eventually returns and there will be so much pressure for him to play every minute of every game I can see him picking up more injuries before the season is over.

A big part of the problem for the Hammers is they are banging thier head on the wage ceiling rules in the FFP (the strange rule that stops clubs adding more than £4m to a wage bill if it already exceeds £52m). They have the money to buy players but their hands are tied over wages, they''ll need to ship out players before any significant additions can be made.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]He''s a poor signing. However, I fancy West Ham to get out of it.[/quote]They will barely scrape 30 points.

Surely what they desperately need is strikers?

Sounds like they are building for the Championship.

They made a huge mistake spending almost their entire budget on one player with an injury problem.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Quite a come down from Joleen Lescott who they were supposedly signing. West Ham are in big trouble - their season is going to rely on Andy Carroll''s form when he eventually returns and there will be so much pressure for him to play every minute of every game I can see him picking up more injuries before the season is over.

A big part of the problem for the Hammers is they are banging thier head on the wage ceiling rules in the FFP (the strange rule that stops clubs adding more than £4m to a wage bill if it already exceeds £52m). They have the money to buy players but their hands are tied over wages, they''ll need to ship out players before any significant additions can be made.

[/quote]

Out of interest, does this wage bill still include when they continue to pay players that dont play for them anymore? There were always the rumours about clubs like Forest continuing to pay Silenzi for years aftrer he left. I know Leeds paid half of Robbie Fowler''s wages when he left for Man City. West Ham had Ashton and Dyer on contracts when they suffered serious injuries - are they still paying them? And if so, does it contribute to the FFP?

They also have the problem of what decent player would want to join such a poor squad. That will take an awful lot of persuasion

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]They have just signed Roger Johnson on loan from Wolves. He was at Birmingham then they got relegated. he went on a big money move to Wolves then they got relegated. Now West ham wonder if history will repeat itself[/quote]

Be careful, Bassong has history here too.[/quote]You really can find a negative in just about anything, can''t you?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Out of interest, does this wage bill still include when they continue to pay players that dont play for them anymore? There were always the rumours about clubs like Forest continuing to pay Silenzi for years aftrer he left. I know Leeds paid half of Robbie Fowler''s wages when he left for Man City. West Ham had Ashton and Dyer on contracts when they suffered serious injuries - are they still paying them? And if so, does it contribute to the FFP?

[/quote]

I wondered this. I have an FM file with Gillingham going and i was about £300 a week over the limit. I thought releasing a couple of youths would work but it didn''t make a difference, i thought it was just the game, but maybe it''s not. It would make sense as it''s still the same money they have committed to spending.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wages are broken down into non-playing staff and playing staff - anyone who is a FA registered footballer is counted as ''playing staff'' doesn''t matter who they are playing for. If a player retires mid-contract obviously they don''t get paid anymore, mutal termination of contracts are arranged with a lump sum payment to a player.

With injured players once they cannot play anymore their contracts are cancelled, the cost of which is covered by insurance.