Sign in to follow this  
Appletonandy

Have any of you seen this today?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2533943/Malky-Mackay-former-club-Norwich-City.html

I will always have fond memories of Malky playing for us but I''m not certain that he will play any more positively than our current manager. If there is any truth in the article, at least it shows that the board are prepared to make a tough decision.

What a strange fellowhis hair looks darker now than when he played for us all those years back

perhaps he is hoping for a job at sky sports where jet black hair is a must have requirement

I still think we will stay with Hughton. I like Malkey in many ways but he would not give us attacking football, he is more of a defensive manager. In addition he is supposed to be embroiled in a nasty legal battle with Tan for the next few months we need a fully focused manager

I saw this yesterday and in truth I still don''t know what to make of it.

He would however ''connect'' with the fans for sure.

Is Malky the manager really what we want though? Malky the guy, fan favourite, will always be fond of him, but as we learned with Gunn, you need more than affection for the manager and a manager who loves the club. If he wasnt Malky (ie somebody with his credentials and style, but without the connections to the club) would we still want him as our manager? Havent we all been crying out for attacking football - not sure thats what Malky would bring. So yes it would be great to have a club stalwart in charge, but we have to be sure we''ll be happy with the other things he''ll bring. We dont want another club legend being burned at the stake

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Is Malky the manager really what we want though? Malky the guy, fan favourite, will always be fond of him, but as we learned with Gunn, you need more than affection for the manager and a manager who loves the club. If he wasnt Malky (ie somebody with his credentials and style, but without the connections to the club) would we still want him as our manager? Havent we all been crying out for attacking football - not sure thats what Malky would bring. So yes it would be great to have a club stalwart in charge, but we have to be sure we''ll be happy with the other things he''ll bring. We dont want another club legend being burned at the stake[/quote]I think the majority call from those who are dissastisfied has been for tactically smart football that gets the best out of the squad, rather than for football that is simply more attacking.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Sacking Hughton to get Malkay would be a fun way to spend a couple of million pounds to end up almost exactly where you started.[/quote]

But couldn''t you say that about any manager switch Mr Bethnal?

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]But couldn''t you say that about any manager switch Mr Bethnal?[/quote]Not really.There would be some appointments that I think would genuinely boost not only our survival chances, but chances of improving both the style of play and ongoing league position in the process.Admittedly bringing in someone like Malky would be unlikely to have this effect, but there are some great managers out there who could well be interested if we make them a good offer.

Actually is Malkay a better option? I believe he is and would do a few things which would have an positive for Norwich!

1, it would get the fans back behind the manager and team no doubt, for how long would depend on results and perfromance.

2, it would show that the board are not accepting that no improvement to the 25 million investment as acceptable. The bar was set by the board to push on this year and we have certainly not done that!

3, not sure who his back room staff would be, but might be good to promote Adams & Robins to senior coachingm covering more areas of the pitch with flexible experience rather  than the dull defencive rubbish coached by Trollop and Claderwood.

4, Malkay will have a point to prove to Cardiff.

5, Malkay might just be the right fit to our club, another Brown, Walker or Stringer.

I for one would love to see this happen and soon, although I don''t mind Hughton I think he does not belong with Norwich, maybe the best thing all round for his departure now.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Sacking Hughton to get Malkay would be a fun way to spend a couple of million pounds to end up almost exactly where you started.[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm, interesting point. There are certainly many questioning how much difference a manager actually makes these days.

IMO it depends on a club to club basis - some are more manager driven than others. Norwich I''d say are pretty heavily manager driven with teams built with the manager''s system at the heart of things. Other clubs barely change approach regardless of the manager - WBA are a good example of this.

I think this is why some teams have a much longer transition period when a new manager leaves than others. Compare the beginning of Hughton''s career to Laudrup - Hughton had to adapt an entire team to suit his style, Laudrup only needed to tinker Swansea slightly.

Whilst I am far from convinced Malky is the man for the job I certainly do think he would offer many positives over Hughton not least that his teams seem to play with a passion he instils in them.

Also I am certainly not convinced he would be as defensive, I think he knows there is a time to defend and a time to attack.

Lastly I think he could be a rallying point for supporters perhaps to get us all pulling in the same direction.

I think most that advocate a change would look for an inspirational tactical genius able to create free flowing football on a shoestring and a contacts list to envy throughout Europe, but maybe that''s just a pipedream.

Not sure if Malky would give up his compensation claim to go and manage any team at the moment.A bit like Di Matteo giving up his £130k a week from Chelsea that he''s still getting paid, to manage at another club for less.

There is more chance of being struck by lightening than this happening.It''s desperate stuff.

[quote user="Jimbo_Canary"]

[/quote]Not sure you can say that about any managerial switch. Some examples come to mind:- Switching Ron Atkinson for Alex Ferguson- Switching Sir Alex Ferguson for David Moyes- Switching Bryan Gunn for Paul LambertIt''s about finding the right manager. But at the same time I''d imagine we''ve spent a couple of million pounds for Becchio to sit around on the bench / comfortable padded car seats (dependent on whether your at Selhurst Park or Old Trafford)

That has to be the laziest piece of 2+2=5 journalism I''ve ever seen!

No facts, no quotes, no statistics, nothing. Just hearsay! Diabolical the standard of journalism is so poor these days.

[quote user="AJ"]That has to be the laziest piece of 2+2=5 journalism I''ve ever seen! No facts, no quotes, no statistics, nothing. Just hearsay! Diabolical the standard of journalism is so poor these days.[/quote]

You get what you pay for...

Anyway, it''s sports reporting, not a serious thing. The Daily Mail''s news reporting is where the real diabolical thing happen.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="AJ"]That has to be the laziest piece of 2+2=5 journalism I''ve ever seen! No facts, no quotes, no statistics, nothing. Just hearsay! Diabolical the standard of journalism is so poor these days.[/quote]

You get what you pay for...

Anyway, it''s sports reporting, not a serious thing. The Daily Mail''s news reporting is where the real diabolical thing happen.

[/quote][:D][;)][:D]