Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Sack Worthy!!!

Having left the ground with a big grin on my face after watching our boys win, and the Palace Soton result come in... truly brilliant day. So, while walking back my car I tune into Canary Call on my pocket wireless. Can anyone tell me why the first chap to ring in was so against Mr Worthington? Holt came on and he took Safri off!!!! Sack the bar steward!!! Sadly this silly pillock hadn''t paid attention to what was going on "SAFRI WAS INJURED!". Ah well what does that matter, Worthy''s been crap all season so get rid of him now before he gets us relegated.I personally would feel utterly devasted if Worthington was to leave as much as any of our main players.

[quote]Having left the ground with a big grin on my face after watching our boys win, and the Palace Soton result come in... truly brilliant day. So, while walking back my car I tune into Canary Call on my p...[/quote]

How can you say worthy is crap when he is the one who got us here in the first place. He was the one who got us to cardiff. If we are winning like this at the moment he must be doing something right. So will people just lay off the guy!?

unfortunately IF we don''t finish the job on Sunday against Fulham there will be SOME silly people calling for Worthy''s head. Personally I believe worthy and the board are joined at the hip and that is the way forward for the club no matter what division we are in next season.The stupid thing is that WHEN we win and stay up there will still be people calling for his head.!!

Theres no doubt in my mind that Worthy & the boys have turned things around brilliantly over the last few weeks & if they were to get relegated now i wouldnt be as gutted after showing some grit,passion & determination. However,injuries aside why has it taken right up until april to realise & play like this? 2 or 3 performances like the games of late early in the season & it could have been a different ball game & we could well have been safe by now. Personally i still doubt Worthy,BUT whatever happens now i will back him in the Prem or Fizzy league for atleast the first 3 months & see how things pan out.

I too heard that same caller Rasputin. Unfortunately, that type of call has not been alone this season.

Unfortunately, many of those people who phone in to knock someone are your typical

(In a strong Norfolk accent) "Well, I''ve been supporting Narwich since I was a boy, and I can''t believe we only beat Manchester United 2-0. Surely taking off a striker for a defender is a sackable defence, considering we need a high goal difference......"

Last week Worthy was being knocked for taking off Huckerby, when those who were at the game saw perfectly the logic behind it, and this week an injured Safri was taken off (it baffles me why we should substitute and injured player )

I rarely listen to the phone in, because of pricks like that, RN should really check why the caller is ringing in before going live

many people might not have known Safri was injured........

This would explain why the complaints, it was very noticable when safri left how our side looked diferent.

Id give Worthington a bit mnore of  a chance. He got us here, he turned a struggling, relagation fighting division1 club and brung us into the premierleague.

I wouldnt complain, think you can do better?

i thought not......

AJ, for you I will make it more clear as you obviously couldn''t be arsed to read my first post fully.I was commenting on the fool who rang in Canary Call after the game yesterday saying that Worthy should get the sack. I on the other hand think the bloke has done a brilliant job considering the circumstances he''s faced this season.I wish some of you would actually pay attention to what people say before going off on one.

i wasnt actually directing it at you, anyone who had anything against worthy.

especially the caller from yesturdays phone in......

[quote]Pay attention. I was comment on the bloke who was on Canary Call this afternoon. Maybe you should just re-read my original post before you start having a go!!![/quote]

yeah i was aiming my post at the guy on the radio!!! kind of!!!!!

I too heard that caller- amazing considering that we had just won and the news from Selhurst had only just come through that we were out of the bottom 3.

I disagree that RN should censor stuff like that as it just shows how ill judged some people can be, but there will always be those type of people as Neil Adams said.

If his issue was the Holt/Safri substitution he may not have known he was injured. In fact many people booed when Safri came off and only the PA announcement drowned out more booing for Holt as he raced on. So many in the ground were unaware of Safri''s knock.

Having said that the timing of that bloke''s call was just so ill judged when we all wanted to celebrate- if we stay up next Sunday he will probably complain that we never signed Dean Windass.

[quote]I too heard that caller- amazing considering that we had just won and the news from Selhurst had only just come through that we were out of the bottom 3. I disagree that RN should censor stuff like t...[/quote]

I didn''t hear this phone in Tumbleweed, but I''m amazed this bloke had the guts, or lack of brain cells, to do it.

Now you all know I''m not Worthy''s greatest fan, but hell, even I wouldn''t stoop that low!.

Perhaps he was a binner, who thought it was funny, I was too bloody happy to moan even about the weather, let alone Nigel.

I would like to say there seems to be a few rumblings around about sacking worthy, ok his use of subs is baffling;

e.g. 1  (taking hux off at soton may not have pleased some people but that wasn''t the problem, it was why did he bring on a left back, charlton for him when you have a very good defensive minded left mid in jonson (who he''d just slated in the papers for not being more attacking)give him a chance to respond on the pitch)

e.g.2 (taking off and not playing saffri for most of the season (great ncfc midfielder) in favour of holt(worst player in prem) ok saffri was injured so let him off this time, but what did holt do in his 30 mins on the pitch (jogged around at half pace between our 18 yard box and the half way line marking an empty space, when they had the ball . but when we had it ran to the nearest brum player so he couldn''t be passed the ball. TOTAL S****.
Has anyone noticed how saffri''s run in the side has coincided with our up-turn in results. Playing with gary holt in our side is like playing with 10 men he really is that bad. I should know i''ve spent the last 3 seasons not being able to take my eyes of him when he''s on the pitch not being able to understand how the hell; a, he''s a proffessional footballer and b, how the hell he won player of the season in 01-02 which to be fair he wasn''t too bad that season.

Anyway I digress my point about the worthy out rumblings are probably the very fans who came flooding back to FCR when our football started to improve 4years ago. they probably didn''t sit through the hamilton, Rioch years like most of us i wonder how true this is. There are a few people I know who are like this and they are also the one calling for worthy''s head. (Fickle). Plus as much as I like this board I have absolutely no confidence in this board being able to pick a good manager worthy was 3rd time lucky I guess.

Worthy should stay as long as he wants just for giving us hux if nothing else. I just wish he wouldn''t persist in his desire to get gary holt on the pitch at any opportunity Worthy he is S**** and just so you know that  i''m not jumping onto the holt hating bandwagon that seems to be gathering pace you can check out any of my previous posts from the start of my messages on this board that I have been consistant throughout with this view of holt. Also just for the record that I wanted dean ashton long before we signed him much more than anyone else who got a mention. God he''s good

Come on you yellows

We will do it. It''s meant to be