Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Murphy's boots!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2535132/Josh-Jacob-Murphy-identical-twins-asked-wear-different-colour-boots-Chris-Hughton.html

Hughton is missing a trick here (or is he...)

He could bring one on for the other at half time without disclosing it. The crowd and officials would be none the wiser and J. Murphy would be known as the fittest player around!

Even then, he could bring the other one back on in the second half as a legitimate substitution!

Genius! It''s funny to think this could actually be done. I know our Chris is too upstanding a citizen to try it, but I bet we could name a few slightly dodgy geezers who would give it a go if they thought they''d get away with it! Barry Fry for instance? Warnock?

Murphy 2 would have to work up a sweat in the dressing room though at half time, and wear Murphy 1''s boots for the second half.

People keep going on about this but there''s no way it would ever happen. If we did it and got caught the penalties would be huge. Any points we gained from it would probably be taken away. The dodgiest of dodgy wouldn''t even consider it.

[quote user="Buh"]People keep going on about this but there''s no way it would ever happen. If we did it and got caught the penalties would be huge. Any points we gained from it would probably be taken away. The dodgiest of dodgy wouldn''t even consider it.[/quote]Phew! We dodged a bullet there. For a second, I thought this was going to be a nailed-on strategy seeing as though there was a post on a message board about it.Thanks morality!

[quote user="Buh"]People keep going on about this but there''s no way it would ever happen. If we did it and got caught the penalties would be huge. Any points we gained from it would probably be taken away. The dodgiest of dodgy wouldn''t even consider it.[/quote]

I''d take whatever punishment they threw at us! It would go down in football folklore! Norwich City would be world renowned if we pulled off a stunt like that (who''s to say we haven''t already...)

Say what you want some definitely would do it, forsaking that discovery of the tactic would tar two young footballers for the rest if their lives. I''m just getting a bit sick of it as an anecdote it''s up there with wolf puns for RVW, the people that say them act as if they are the first person to ever think of it.

"I''ve had this idea about a tactic we could use for the Murphy boys it''s absolute genius... Here it comes!"

*sigh*