Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Walcott Injury

He''s now out of the England world cup and he was arguably our strongest winger.This leaves a spare ticket to Brazil for another English winger. If Redmond can get his final ball and decisions right in the final third in the second half of the season, he might be in with a shout. Thoughts?

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]He''s now out of the England world cup and he was arguably our strongest winger.This leaves a spare ticket to Brazil for another English winger. If Redmond can get his final ball and decisions right in the final third in the second half of the season, he might be in with a shout. Thoughts?[/quote]
Not quite ready, but he may just make it, obviously I would love him to.
Yeah, a few things he needs to work on.
Would be amazing having a city player playing in the world cup!

Probably will come just to soon for Redmond. Still a little raw but with a few more prem seasons experience he will have matured a lot.

Will Theo Walcott ever play at a World Cup?

He''ll be 29 next time around and while he''ll likely still be at the top end of the game others could have come through.

Hard to see Redmond making it but it didn''t take much for Townsend to get a chance - though obviously the big club thing helped.

We''re obviously going there with the hope of winning it but realistically we don''t expect to. That''s why I think younger players like Sterling and Redmond might get the nod over players such as Lennon. Hodgson has already been quoted that he will ''look to youth''. Redmonds also performed really well for the u21s and if Sterling gets injured, you never know. I doubt he''d feature much in Brazil but to be in the squad would be priceless experience!

There are rum ours this injury could do to Walcott what it did to Owen. It''s that serious so we''d have to see.

(If he''s not already in the England squad) they''ll take Zaha before Redmond... big club player and all that ...

I wonder if this''ll give Hooper a chance to make a name for himself if he can keep scoring goals

Of course Redmond won''t be going - we''re not a big enough team to justify his call up...If he played for Man Utd or Liverpool, then he''d be in with an outside shot (much as I suspect Zaha may get a call up despite having played all of 30 minutes league football for Man Utd so far this season), but Norwich - forget it...In some ways I''d rather he didn''t get the nod anyway, as England have played like crap for the last 10 years and chances are that he''d end up getting slated for how badly the team played, and then getting injured for a long spell in a pointless training game etc.

Ridiculous "hype" around this.  Switched on sky sports news at the top of the hour, they gave several headlines of stories then proceeded to talk about/interview people/waffle on about Walcott for about fifteen minutes.  He''s injured, he plays for Arsenal, he''ll be back, England won''t miss him, end of story. Hooper stands more chance of getting in the squad than Redmond, imo.   Redmond needs to find an end product more often from out wide, whether its a cross or a shot.   Has the capability, but nit ready for England, yet.

Also if Ox get''s fit and gives some good show rest of the season he is quite surely replacing Walcott even thought not a pure winger.

But after him and Lennon there is still room in the squad and even thought Sterling and Townsend are at the moment probably front of our Redmond that doesn''t mean he would have a chance to be a sub