Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Ravel Morrison

There is no speculation about Norwich putting in a bid, but there has been rumors suggesting that he wants to join Fulham and Fulham being interested in him. He''s a number 10. and a quality one at that showing lots of potential.

Since there has been rumors and speculation about Wes Hoolahan joining Villa, would anyone else be happy to replace him Morrison? Personally I think this is the type of player we should be aiming for and I don''t think it''s too unrealistic considering we were interested in Shelvy in the summer for around a similar fee (£6 million). He''s a strong No. 10 who can run at defenses similar to Fer, but Fers strengths is in his tackling seemingly so the way Hughton plays him.

I think it would be a shame if a club like Fulham snapped him up when trying to be as non-biased as possible, I think we''d be the more attractive club out of the two.

He almost certainly won''t leave West Ham as he only moved there this summer and has been their one bright spark this season, I presume any speculation linking him to Fulham is due to the presence of Mulensteen who coached him at Man U.

Doesn''t really matter if a club wants to keep a player these days Reggie. They have very little say if a player genuinely wants to leave.

If Morrison wants to leave for Fulham then he presumably doesn''t like the way they play and/or think they are going down, because as far as i''m aware he''s been playing a fair bit and I can''t see Fulham paying him much more. Not like they''re leagues above West Ham in that regard.

Money seems tight at West Ham and he is probably one of few players other clubs at this level would pay decent money for. But you''d think West Ham would try to cut loose some players with less of a future than him.

Be very happy to see him here if it was possible.

Fulham are supposedly trying to take advantage of a clause in his contract that says that if West Ham turn down a bid in excess of £10m for him they have to increase his wages massively.

they therefore think West Ham may agree to sell rather than get lumbered with the big wage hit for a player who is still relatively unproven and a bit of a maverick.

I suspect if Fulham had a bid accepted then several others would match it and he would end up going somewhere better. Don;t really see him as a Norwich type player though and can'';t imagine we would spend £10m on him.

"He almost certainly won''t leave West Ham as he only moved there this summer"

That is 100% certainly incorrect information, he signed for West Ham on 31st January 2012.

Another thing that is worth mentioning on this thread is that West Ham have to pay Man Utd £25,000 for every appearance that Morrison makes for West Ham.

They will sell him if planning for life in the Championship especially if stuck with a £4m a year striker.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"He almost certainly won''t leave West Ham as he only moved there this summer"

That is 100% certainly incorrect information, he signed for West Ham on 31st January 2012.

Another thing that is worth mentioning on this thread is that West Ham have to pay Man Utd £25,000 for every appearance that Morrison makes for West Ham.

They will sell him if planning for life in the Championship especially if stuck with a £4m a year striker.[/quote]Surely that makes them more likely to want to sell them on the summer on relegation, rather than now.They''re in a relegation scrap. I don''t understand why they would sell him in January.

[quote user="ricardo"]Wouldn''t touch him with a barge pool. Good talent, bad character so I''m told. [/quote]

Which is presumably why Man U let him go in the first place. I have heard he is not exactly hitting it off with Allardyce at the moment. So yes a move is on the cards but if I had to put a bet on it would be that he sees out the season at WH.